Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Another man behaving badly in Hollywood — this time, Harvey Weinstein. What a shocker

510 posts in this topic

Obama White House official bids for The Weinstein Company

The Wall Street Journal reports that Maria Contreras-Sweet, who led the Small Business Administration under President Obama, is behind the bid.

Film producer Harvey Weinstein was sacked from TWC after he was accused of sexual harassment and assault.

One of those supporting Contreras-Sweet is lawyer Gloria Allred, who is representing several of the women accusing Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment and alleged assault.

Last year, Harvey Weinstein said TWC, including its film library, was worth up to $800m and had no debt.

However, a number of the firm's partners have cut ties after the allegations against Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault and harassment.

An Obama administration official is trying to make money off of this scandal? How shameless.

Poll: Half think Franken should resign

A majority of voters think the Senate Ethics Committee should investigate Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), and half think Franken should resign from the Senate, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll.

The poll was conducted after radio personality Leeann Tweeden alleged that Franken groped her in 2006, prior to his Senate tenure — but before a second woman, Lindsay Menz, said that Franken touched her inappropriately while he was a senator in 2010. Still, 66 percent of voters said the ethics panel should probe Franken’s conduct, while only 15 percent think the committee should not look into the matter.

Fully 50 percent of voters think Franken, who has served in the Senate since 2009, should resign, and 22 percent think he should not resign.

When the Democrat pollsters have it at 50%, you know it's more like 75%.

Uma Thurman hits Harvey Weinstein in emotional post:

"H A P P Y T H A N K S G I V I N G I am grateful today, to be alive, for all those I love, and for all those who have the courage to stand up for others. I said I was angry recently, and I have a few reasons, #metoo, in case you couldn’t tell by the look on my face. I feel it’s important to take your time, be fair, be exact, so... Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! (Except you Harvey, and all your wicked conspirators - I’m glad it’s going slowly - you don’t deserve a bullet) -stay tuned Uma Thurman"

23 hours ago

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/uma-thurman-hits-harvey-weinstein-emotional-post-deserve/story?id=51359615