Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Another man behaving badly in Hollywood — this time, Harvey Weinstein. What a shocker

666 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, hamradio said:

That was a pollyfilla test.  And in any ever no one provided any results - the questions, who did the test, etc.  It is all just HS and very lame to using this as some sort of vindication.

AP Central U.S.Verified account @APCentralRegion 2h2 hours ago

"Affairs are never good, but people are imperfect and they make mistakes." Some supporters respond positively to Missouri governor's plea for forgiveness after admitting to extramarital affair.

https://apnews.com/a860012d077e444f95b74cb3fb34a195?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APCentralRegion

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

AP Central U.S.Verified account @APCentralRegion 2h2 hours ago

"Affairs are never good, but people are imperfect and they make mistakes." Some supporters respond positively to Missouri governor's plea for forgiveness after admitting to extramarital affair.

https://apnews.com/a860012d077e444f95b74cb3fb34a195?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APCentralRegion

These political extramarital affairs used to be straight forward, now they're involved with all kinds of bizarre sidebars.

The following report concerns the current Republican Governor of Missouri, Eric Greitens:

The ex-husband of the alleged mistress recorded her description of the affair with Greitens as being non-consensual sadistic-- including bondage and photography --for the purpose of blackmailing her.

45 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

These political extramarital affairs used to be straight forward, now they're involved with all kinds of bizarre sidebars.

The following report concerns the current Republican Governor of Missouri, Eric Greitens:

The ex-husband of the alleged mistress recorded her description of the affair with Greitens as being non-consensual sadistic-- including bondage and photography --for the purpose of blackmailing her.

These are the same people who like to proselytize about "traditional marriage." :lol: 

It's incredible that people still give a **** about other peoples' sex lives.

For men who say they care about another man's sex life, it's the ultimate hypocrisy. The only possible true feeling a man can have about another man's sexual opportunities is envy.

Aziz Ansari (used to be on 'Parks and Recreation') is being accused of inappropriate sexual conduct.

WooHoo!

Keep those accusations coming, wimminz.

On 1/15/2018 at 12:57 AM, darkblue said:

Aziz Ansari (used to be on 'Parks and Recreation') is being accused of inappropriate sexual conduct.

WooHoo!

Keep those accusations coming, wimminz.

CNN had two articles I read about Ansari (both by women);  the first one was by a bitter angry women and while she admitted what Ansari did wasn't sexual assault or even harassment,   it was still,  you know,,,,  well,   he still needed to be banned from society!     It was comical (but in a very sad way). 

But a few days later after the FACTS of what went down were known another women wrote a very reasonable article that was clear that NOTHING remotely 'bad' happened and that the 'issue' was that it was the women that needed to grow up.   (i.e. that if women are that weak and pathetic and can't say NO to a celebrity,  that those women should only be allowed to date with a chaperon, like in the good old days).

• Like 1

Casey Affleck announces that he will not appear at this year's Oscars. He was last year's winner for Best Actor, and traditionally that means he returns to hand out the next Best Actress award. But due to an intense social media campaign fighting to have Affleck barred from this year's ceremony due to past allegations of sexual misconduct (at the very least: some proponents have asked for the Academy to revoke Affleck's win!), he will not attend the Oscar ceremony.

On another note, famed illusionist David Copperfield is the latest accused of sexual assault, in this case drugging and **** a model some 20-odd years ago.

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Casey Affleck announces that he will not appear at this year's Oscars. He was last year's winner for Best Actor, and traditionally that means he returns to hand out the next Best Actress award. But due to an intense social media campaign fighting to have Affleck barred from this year's ceremony due to past allegations of sexual misconduct (at the very least: some proponents have asked for the Academy to revoke Affleck's win!), he will not attend the Oscar ceremony.

On another note, famed illusionist David Copperfield is the latest accused of sexual assault, in this case drugging and **** a model some 20-odd years ago.

I wonder if Casey Afflect will be offer anymore roles.    I guess he can star in a Woody Allen film.  ;)   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Meh. They're all hores, anyway. That whole show could be shut down.

5 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Meehan admitted this week to having feelings for an aide, but denied harassment.

Women don't believe in men's feelings.

Entire USA Gymnastics Board Will Resign-

The entire USA Gymnastics board will step down and “completely” embrace the requirements set out by the U.S. Olympic Committee, a spokeswoman announced Friday. The USOC sent over a “list of mandatory changes” in order for USA Gymnastics to retain their status as a national governing body--the top item being the required resignations. “We must take further action to ensure that it cannot happen again,” the USOC wrote in a letter to USA Gymnastics. .....

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetorch/2018/01/26/580956170/usoc-tells-usa-gymnastics-board-to-resign-within-6-days

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Wynn Resorts employees and others described a CEO who sexualized his workplace and pressured workers to perform sex acts.

Not all workers.

18 hours ago, jakeem said:

Remember when Harvey Weinstein was brought down by sexual allegations and everyone posted pictures of him with Hillary Clinton? So I guess now that billionaire and RNC finance chair Steve Wynn has been accused of decades of sexual assault, we can now return the favor?

DUfPLczU8AATQgk.jpg

You're known by The Company You Keep.

• Haha 1

More social justice campaigning disguised as journalism. The lead story on HuffPost:

Why Did The Oscars Snub James Franco But Not Gary Oldman?

The folly is in thinking Hollywood could ever be anything but selective in its moral judgments.

On the same morning James Franco was stiffed by the Academy Awards, almost certainly over allegations of sexual misconduct, a man once accused of hitting his wife in the face with a telephone receiver was nominated for an Oscar for best actor, for which he was quickly reckoned the prohibitive favorite. If you want to believe the depth and sincerity of Hollywood’s commitment to #MeToo and #TimesUp, a question you have to ask yourself is this: Why was James Franco snubbed but not Gary Oldman?

Or, more broadly, why are some famous men experiencing career ramifications as a result of the #MeToo movement while others are not?

[...]

Consider Gary Oldman, who was nominated for his portrayal of Winston Churchill in “Darkest Hour.” In 2001, Oldman’s then wife, Donya Fiorentino, filed papers in L.A. Superior Court alleging that Oldman had assaulted her with a telephone. Per the New York Daily News, she wrote:

As I picked up the phone to call the police, Gary put his hand on my neck and squeezed. I backed away, with the phone receiver in my hand. I tried to dial 911. Gary grabbed the phone receiver from my hand, and hit me in the face with the telephone receiver three or four times. Both of the children were crying.

Oldman denied the allegations, saying at the time that they were “replete with lies, innuendos and half-truths.” Police investigated the claims. No charges were ever filed.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-did-the-oscars-snub-james-franco-but-not-gary-oldman_us_5a674f88e4b002283006d5b1?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

The folly is in thinking Hollywood could ever be anything but selective in its moral judgments.

The folly is in thinking Hollywood is of one mind;  That a group of individuals (actually Academy members, with voting rights in a category),  represent the views of 'Hollywood'.   

I was just driving back from my hike and I heard on the radio about the planned protests by Latino activist against Guillermo del Toro tonight.     Looks like he  didn't meet the Latino quota for his film and as one of them said,  'we are very angry'.

Here is hoping he gives these activist the finger.  :lol:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Scott's kinda busy with some problems of his own right now:

Nicole Eggert Retweeted Tony Posnanski

Ask @scottbaio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor. Creep.

For those who don't remember, Scott Baio was a star of a 80s TV show called  "Joanie Loves Chachi".

Recently he's been in the news as a celebrity drumpf supporter.

Where’s Harvey?

Rather than attending the Oscars in glory as he did for so many years — the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences banned Mr. Weinstein in October — Mr. Weinstein has huddled in this corner of Maricopa County as his empire crumbles and prosecutors in New York, Los Angeles and London investigate potential criminal cases against him. (Through representatives, he has steadily denied allegations of assault and harassment.)

Mr. Weinstein joins a tiny cadre of extremely recognizable celebrities, including O. J. Simpson and Bill Cosby, who have been tried and more or less found guilty in the court of public opinion. Mr. Simpson and Mr. Cosby went on to high-profile criminal trials and, despite a not-guilty verdict for Mr. Simpson and a mistrial for Mr. Cosby, moved from infamy to a starkly more complicated reality. Mr. Weinstein has found himself, for now, in limbo.

In Mr. Weinstein’s case, his frequent sightings (he is usually in a black T-shirt and fedora), including at an upscale Italian restaurant in Scottsdale and a cafe in Phoenix that touts its “refined culinary influences of Los Angeles, New York and London,” have cast a pall on the #MeToo movement and added to the collective eye rolls about his undergoing sex addiction therapy.

“As frustrating as it is, and in some ways undermining of the #MeToo movement, one has to really let the criminal process take its course,” said Rebecca Roiphe, professor of law at New York Law School, and a former assistant district attorney in the Manhattan district attorney’s office.

The MeToo people sure have given up on Harvey.