Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Another man behaving badly in Hollywood — this time, Harvey Weinstein. What a shocker

510 posts in this topic

Why Harvey Weinstein’s sex advances are all about power -

"..."I think Harvey's got some serious psychiatric stuff going on," Lipton added, "and that's how he's exercising and acknowledging to himself in a pretty malignant, narcissistic way, 'I can move mountains here and look what I can do to these women and get away with it.'"

If it is about power and control, then "there must be so many men in Hollywood that are doing similar things and are being shielded by the same machine," Marcotte said.

"How do we overcome that? How do we fight that kind of power?"...

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/09/why-harvey-weinsteins-sex-advances-are-all-about-power/

As Democrats denounce Weinstein, Clintons and Obama stay mum

Many Democratic office holders were quick to repudiate disgraced Hollywood executive Harvey Weinstein following a bombshell report detailing decades of alleged sexual harassment.

But former Democratic Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, as well as former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- all of whom have longstanding ties to Weinstein, a major Democratic Party fundraiser -- have not publicly addressed the accusations.

Representatives for the Clintons have not responded to comment for this story, and Obama's office declined to comment.

Longtime Hillary Clinton aides have been confused by the former secretary of state's silence on the issue, questioning -- in private -- why she has not weighed in at all.

Hillary's husband was caught doing the same thing, and she stuck by him after all. So she knows if she says anything about Harv, she'll look rather foolish by comparison.

should be read by open-minded posters

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily Caller‏Verified account @DailyCaller 3h3 hours ago

Former NYT Writer: Matt Damon, Russell Crowe Tried To Bury Weinstein Story https://trib.al/VWs28St DLs1w6fUIAAR5gB.jpg

they all like their money and come on like altruistic humanists so they can enjoy their fortunes without too much of a sense of guilt but when the truth gets too close to their bread & butter, they show exactly who and what they are....

imperfect human beings like the rest of us....and they would judge donald trump?

hold the desert I just had the whipped cream. :lol:

Fashion designer Donna Karan comes to Harvey Weinstein's defense suggesting his victims may have been 'asking for it'

Fashion designer Donna Karan is standing by Harvey Weinstein and has suggested his alleged victims may have been 'asking for it' by the way the women act and dress.

During a red carpet interview at the CinéFashion Film Awards on Sunday, the DKNY creator was asked to weigh in on the scandal hours after the disgraced film mogul was fired from his company.

Unlike many Hollywood stars and celebs, Karan did not condemn the 65-year-old, who has been accused of sexually harassing multiple woman over the span of decades, and instead pointed the finger at his accusers.

She added that she knows Weinstein's wife Georgina Chapman and described the couple as 'wonderful people.'
Fashion designers never are the sharpest knives in the drawer.

his victims may have been 'asking for it'

At least she doesn't question the universal truth of women always being "victims", no matter what.

Look up "victim" in the dictionary and there's a picture of a woman. Same thing, ay - feminist law says so, so there.

Of course, if you're a man, don't ever refer to a woman as a victim or you'll get yelled at. Men have to refer to women "victims" as "survivors" (if they know what's good for them).

• Like 1

Here is the full text of Harvey Weinstein’s statement to The New York Times following its report depicting decades of sexual harassment against women, .....

"I came of age in the ‘60s and ‘70s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then............

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/10/05/harvey-weinstein-scandal-read-his-full-apology/738093001/

:rolleyes:

"I came of age in the ‘60s and ‘70s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then............

I remember it well.

In the 60's all us teen-age guys tried to get alcohol so that our teen-age girlfriends would drink some and get easy. The girls knew it and expected us to get the alcohol so that they could give in with an excuse.

Nowadays, that's rape, ay.

Rape that the "survivors" wanted and abetted, but rape nonetheless according to feminists.

Karan must come from the old days too. A woman was raped because

of the way she acted and dressed. Her skirt was a tad too short. Yup,

she was asking for it.

• Like 1

Harvey Weinstein NYPD Sting Audiotape: Mogul Aggressive As Model Says ‘No’ 10 Times -

"In 2015, the NYPD mounted a sting operation against TWC head Harvey Weinstein, using a wired-up Filipina-Italian model named Ambra Battilana Gutierrez after she filed a complaint with the department that she had been groped by the executive. An article written for The New Yorker by Ronan Farrow ........ includes an audiotape of Weinstein trying to lure the model into his hotel room....

Weinstein admitted to inappropriately touching Gutierrez in this tape.

The article also has on the record quotes from women who said they were raped by him. In this audiotape, you can hear her repeatedly try to shut down Weinstein who clearly doesn’t understand what it means when a woman says ‘no.’:......

http://deadline.com/2017/10/harvey-weinstein-audiotape-nypd-sting-model-says-no-10-times-1202185498/

Harvey Weinstein: Experts Weigh In on Sting Tape...

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/harvey-weinstein-experts-weigh-in-on-sting-tape-1068461635608?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

Karan must come from the old days too. A woman was raped because

of the way she acted and dressed. Her skirt was a tad too short. Yup,

she was asking for it.

It looks like from the NYPD tape that Weinstein was the one who was asking for it and it looks like he just make get some good "hard time".

'You Are Not Alone': Terry Crews Comes Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations Against Unnamed Hollywood Executive -

"I understand why many women who this happens to let it go"

......"I was going to kick his **** right then-- but I thought twice about how the whole thing would appear... '240 lbs. Black Man stomps out Hollywood Honcho' would be the headline the next day," Crews recalled. "Only I probably wouldn't have been able to read it because I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL. So we left."....

Crews then offered an explanation as to why he never came forward until now, writing, "I decided not 2 take it further becuz I didn't want 2b ostracized-- par 4 the course when the predator has power n influence....

I let it go. And I understand why many women who this happens to let it go."

"Who's going 2 believe you? ( few) What r the repercussions?(many) Do u want 2 work again? (Yes) R you prepared 2b ostracized? (No)," he continued.....

In Crews' words, "Hopefully, me coming forward with my story will deter a predator and encourage someone who feels hopeless."....

Who's Karan?

"Karan, of course, is not only a self-described feminist, she's part of the industry she's criticizing here; if she thought fashion was getting too raunchy, she, as a fashion designer could easily lead the way towards more modest trends. But that's beside the point. Karan isn't making cultural commentary;

she's trying to excuse a friends behavior.

After being roundly criticized in the media for her decidedly anti-feminist comments on how dressing slutty is asking to be sexually harassed or worse, Karan claimed, in a statement Tuesday morning, that her words were "taken out of context."

“Sexual harassment is NOT acceptable and this is an issue that MUST be addressed once and for all regardless of the individual," Karan's statement reads, adding that the designer is “truly sorry to anyone that I offended and everyone that has ever been a victim.”

She might consider issuing a personal apology to Weinstein's alleged victims.....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22102/fashion-designer-donna-karan-apologizes-suggesting-emily-zanotti

The Harvey Weinstein Tape Is A Masterclass On Emotional Abuse-

"......She told him repeatedly that she was uncomfortable and that she wanted to leave.

But she also said she was “sorry.” 

This conversation between the two of them, captured during an FBI sting and published in Ronan Farrow’s New Yorker report on Tuesday, is a textbook example of psychological and emotional abuse, and shows that predatory behavior is truly insidious and rarely solely physical....

“The cajoling and the shaming ... what he was conveying was, ‘I can destroy you and I have the power to do with you what I will.’”.....

Weinstein’s repeated pleading for Gutierrez not to “embarrass” him or “cause a scene” shows how gaslighting can make an abuse victim feel like they are the one that’s made a situation hostile rather than the actual abuser. It’s no surprise, then, that in their conversation, Gutierrez finds herself apologizing to the man making her feel unsafe.........

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-harvey-weinstein-tape-is-a-masterclass-on-emotional-abuse_us_59dce98ee4b0cee762dd50bd?4x