Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Another man behaving badly in Hollywood — this time, Harvey Weinstein. What a shocker

510 posts in this topic

Weinstein’s behavior was a dark inside joke on shows like ‘Entourage’ and ‘30 Rock’ -

"....People in the entertainment industry have gossiped about Weinstein’s behavior for years, even though it’s just now being discussed in public....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/10/10/harvey-weinsteins-behavior-was-a-dark-inside-joke-on-shows-like-entourage-and-30-rock/?utm_term=.7193dea97e83

-kinda like Cosby

-_-

• Like 1

Listen here, folks!

I believe we might be getting off the real reason our conservative friend MovieMadness started this thread here. And so what say we get back to that.

Now, as I recall, ol' MM started this baby in order to imply something to the effect that this just goes to show you how hypocritical that den of liberal iniquity known as "Hollywood" can be. And, with that bad ol' MSM seemingly almost totally ignoring this breaking news of Harvey's boorish past behavior, and how none of those liberal movie stars haven't as yet seemed to have condemned any of it, and as they did during the time Donny Boy's little "locker room" story hit the news.

And so, if you look at it THAT way and...huh? What's that you say? You say that bad ol' MSM IS reporting this thing quite a lot, AND that many a movie star/celeb HAS been condemning the fat and ugly but extremely rich and powerful SOB since this news has broken?!

(...well, that's very different then, as little Emily Latella would say...never mind then...and as little Emily also said) 

• Like 3

Weinstein’s behavior was a dark inside joke on shows like ‘Entourage’ and ‘30 Rock’ -

"....People in the entertainment industry have gossiped about Weinstein’s behavior for years, even though it’s just now being discussed in public....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/10/10/harvey-weinsteins-behavior-was-a-dark-inside-joke-on-shows-like-entourage-and-30-rock/?utm_term=.7193dea97e83

-kinda like Cosby

-_-

Kinda like Classic Hollywood

• Like 1

Trump was never fired for any misconduct so there is no comparison, even though some desperate people are trying to make one.

Trump bragged about molesting women on a hot mike, saying he could get away with it because he's a "star." You are either thicker than a brick or in complete partisan denial if you do not see that Trump and Weinstein are the same thing - men in positions of power who have taken sexual advantage of women as one of the perks of that power.

• Like 4

Trump bragged about molesting women on a hot mike, saying he could get away with it because he's a "star." You are either thicker than a brick or in complete partisan denial if you do not see that Trump and Weinstein are the same thing - men in positions of power who have taken sexual advantage of women as one of the perks of that power.

Trump said he could do it but there is no actual hard evidence (but yea, lot of antidotal accusations), that I know of,  that says he actually did.    Come on,  most of you here say Trump makes up crap every time he speaks (and you would be right!) so it isn't unreasonable to believe his bragging about molesting women was just empty talk.    What makes Trump even a bigger moron is that he believed such talk made him look good.  I.e. like a real man.    

With Weinstein there is hard evidence.

Trump said he could do it but there is no actual evidence, that I know of,  that says he actually did.    Come on,  most of you here say Trump makes up crap every time he speaks (and you would be right!) so it isn't unreasonable to believe his bragging about molesting women was just empty talk.    What makes Trump even a bigger moron is that he believed such talk made him look good.  I.e. like a real man.    

With Weinstein there is hard evidence.

And just how many women stepped forward to confirm that Trump molested them? You think every one is a liar?

• Like 1

And just how many women stepped forward to confirm that Trump molested them? You think every one is a liar?

Uh,  this was during a campaign and people will make up stuff in order to sink a candidate.   Just ask Bill Clinton. 

(but I did edit my post since my comment was too generalized).

Hey, I'm not saying he did or didn't but again,   it would be just like Trump to brag about something he didn't do or doesn't have.   E.g.  CNN just had a guy on that generates the Fortune 500 rankings.    He said in all the years of the rankings,  going back to the 80s,  Trump is the only one that ever complained his net worth was understated.

Uh,  this was during a campaign and people will make up stuff in order to sink a candidate.   Just ask Bill Clinton. 

I gather by that comment you think all, what, 13 was it, women lied. I have a difficult time believing that.

And Trump supporters either convinced themselves all the women were liars (really? 13 women?) or turned their heads the other way when they voted for him. And to gloat now and point fingers about a liberal like Weinstein being a sexual predator makes all those who turned their heads total hypocrites.

• Like 1

It looks like from the NYPD tape that Weinstein was the one who was asking for it and it looks like he just make get some good "hard time".

Yep, just not the "hard time" he was expecting. Trump already has his

own rather lengthy Wikipedia entry on the subject of sexual harassment/

assault. 

• Like 1

Who's Karan?

That would be Karan, Donna Karan. You know the one MM posted

about and you quoted.

Jake is so busy posting images of people who wanted to rub shoulders with Weinstein but he neglected to post this one. I wonder why?

Donald+Trump+Harvey+Weinstein+New+York+P

• Like 2

That would be Karan, Donna Karan. You know the one MM posted about and you quoted.

Oh? Name doesn't ring a bell - but I do know who MM is. He's a member here, right?

Harvey Weinstein needs to write a book now and call it What Happened.

You could write a book, too, MM, How To Turn A Blind Eye To Trump's Thousand Outrages A Week While Harping Endlessly On Anything and Everything About Obama, Hillary And The Democrats

• Like 2

How much money did Harvey Weinstein donate to Hillary Clinton?

As new damning revelations about Harvey Weinstein’s alleged history of sexual harassment, abuse, and rape continue to pour out from Hollywood’s dark corners, so too does the political fallout over the movie mogul’s longtime support for Democratic politicians.

Although Clinton condemned Weinstein in a statement released on Tuesday, she did not vow to return the money Weinstein donated to her campaigns over the years, as at least 10 other Democratic politicians have done.

So, how much money has Weinstein donated or raised for Clinton over the years? According to a tally of political donations maintained by the Center for Responsive Politics, Weinstein directly donated $21,400 to Clinton between 1999 and 2016. Weinstein also donated $33,590.45 to the Hillary Clinton Victory Fund, according to Federal Election Commission filings, and $15,000 to HillPAC, Clinton’s earlier political action committee, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

With 10 candidates already vowing to return their Weinstein donations, will Clinton, Obama, and dozens of other Democrats follow their lead?????????????

???????????????????????????????