TCMModerator1

Watch TCM

74 posts in this topic

We’re aware of an issue that’s currently preventing users from playing some movies on Watch TCM.  Our teams are working on fixing this now, and hope to have this resolved soon. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we get this sorted. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It would help "us" to be more "patient" and "understanding" if  "someone" at TCM "shared" with us more about these frequent issues when they occurred. AND would respond to us when "we" notice and post about them. 

It might be a step in a positive direction for you to pin this thread, so that you, as a TCMModerator can better act as a liaison between an otherwise unresponsive TCM and "we," otherwise loyal but left-in-the-dark, subscribers to TCM and their consistently unreliable ON-DEMAND product.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2017 at 1:24 AM, Stephan55 said:

It would help "us" to be more "patient" and "understanding" if  "someone" at TCM "shared" with us more about these frequent issues when they occurred. AND would respond to us when "we" notice and post about them. 

It might be a step in a positive direction for you to pin this thread, so that you, as a TCMModerator can better act as a liaison between an otherwise unresponsive TCM and "we," otherwise loyal but left-in-the-dark, subscribers to TCM and their consistently unreliable ON-DEMAND product.

Maybe if someone actually cared.

• Sad 2

I am attempting to watch COUNTER ATTACK (1945) on WATCH TCM MOVIES ON-DEMAND which was aired late last night (11/7/2017). However, Only 5.13 minutes of the movie is available for streaming from the TCM servers.

I've noticed that TCM does this periodically and generally never "catches" or corrects the problem. Usually when this occurs the movie is cut after 30 minutes or so, but this time the movie was so truncated it's like watching an "intro clip."

I will say that the "clip" was very crisp, and inviting. The last time that I saw this infrequently aired WW2 "gem" with Paul Muni was back in 2008, and I really want to see it again, ON-DEMAND.

Since "those" at TCM ON-DEMAND are evidently still NOT monitoring their out-put (or doing so inconsistently) would it be possible for you, as the TCM Moderator, to report this "problem" to them so that they can "correct" it BEFORE the 7 day viewing window ends.

A timely response will be appreciated.

11/9/2017 UPDATE

I just finished watching the complete stream of COUNTER ATTACK (1945) on WATCH TCM MOVIES ON-DEMAND.
I thank the TCM Moderator and TCM staff for "correcting" the above problem within a day after being reported. 

A few words about this picture.
The TCM print was very crisp and appeared to have been restored.
The movie plot was about a handful of Russian and German soldiers trapped in the basement of a bombed out building within a Russian city being contested by both sides during WW2. For the moment the Russians have the upper hand, but are outnumbered by the Germans and as sleepless days pass fatigue sets in. As they await rescue by either friend or foe, the trapped soldiers play a dangerous game of cat and mouse trying to gain critical information from each other that will prove useful for their side.
I enjoyed re-watching this realistic psychological drama which featured fine performances throughout, including the always great Paul Muni and George Macready, with a supporting role by Larry Parks, a promising young actor whose career was destroyed by the Hollywood Blacklist era.

I’m no longer able to logon in iOS 11. I put in my FIOS username and password and it just spins and spins and nothing happens. It’s not my logon because all the other apps work fine (HBO Go for example). 

I've noticed a recent increase in "lag" time between broadcast and availability on WATCH TCM MOVIES ON-DEMAND.

For the last 3 plus years the "general" practice at TCM has been to have movies available for ON-DEMAND viewing after they have completed the EAST-WEST broadcast air-time.
Infrequently a movie that is NOT immediately listed as available for ON-DEMAND viewing has shown up as available within a day (or sometimes up to two days) after it's airing.

However, as of last Thursday evening (11/16/2017) an inordinate amount of movies have begun popping up as available for ON-DEMAND viewing two to three days AFTER they have aired, AND their 7 day viewing window is not increased to compensate for this delay!!!

For example: on Thurs (11/16/2017) three Marsha Mason movies (THE GOODBYE GIRL, PROMISES IN THE DARK, and AUDREY ROSE) were NOT immediately available for ON-DEMAND, but popped up available for viewing late Saturday nite-early Sunday am (11/19/2017), NOTE their 7 day cut off is still 11/24/2017, instead of 11/25 or 11/26/2017).
Friday night's (11/17/2017) broadcast of MEAN STREETS became available for ON-DEMAND late Sunday nite-early Monday am (11/20/2017) but it's cut off remains at 11/25/2017.
Movies broadcast Saturday day (11/18/2017): PEOPLE WILL TALK & PT 109, showed up ON-DEMAND Monday am, but their cut-off remains at 11/25/2017. Likewise, Sat. evenings  HIGH SOCIETY became available Monday, and it's cut-off remains 11/26/2017, and REAR WINDOW just became available early today, Tuesday am (11/21/2017),  after a three day delay, with a  cut-off of 11/26/2017.
As of Monday am, Sunday's afternoons broadcast of SOUNDER became available for ON-DEMAND viewing, but it's cut-off remains at 11/26/2017, By Monday afternoon, the Sunday am broadcast of DOUBLE HARNESS showed up, and by Monday evening followed THE RAZOR'S EDGE, PLYMOUTH ADVENTURE, and Silent Sunday Nite's  THE SINGLE STANDARD & THAT LITTLE BAND OF GOLD. 
Six of the 12 main features broadcast Sunday, all delayed at least a day for ON-DEMAND. 

As of this Tuesday am writing ONLY TWO of Mondays (11/20/2017) broadcasts are currently available ON-DEMAND: PROFESSIONAL SWEETHEART (broadcast early yesterday am) and ARSENIC AND OLD LACE (broadcast early yesterday afternoon), NONE of the remaining 11 features broadcast Monday, are currently available ON-DEMAND, and who knows if any more will unexpectedly, suddenly pop-up at some later date???

Per the HELP/GENERAL FACTS link:
http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/help/#info

How can I find if my favorite star or movie is available in Watch TCM?
In most cases, movies are available within 3 hours after they air on the network, and then they are available for 7 days.

The point of all this is simply that for the last three plus years the above HAS BEEN the TCM standard.
However, since last Thursday an inordinate number of features have had ON-DEMAND viewing delayed from 24-72+ hrs after broadcast, however their ON-DEMAND viewing window remains unaltered, thereby shorting TCM ON-DEMAND view time by from 1-3 days.
In October this year, the problem was listing movies as available for ON-DEMAND viewing, and then NOT allowing them to effectively stream (for whatever reason) for several days, cutting short their 7 day ON-DEMAND viewing window. This problem was eventually acknowledged and addressed.
This November (since last Thurs. evening), TCM is NOT listing any movies as Available for ON-DEMAND viewing during the previously normal "3 hours  after they air on the network" time frame, but then some of these will begin popping up as available 1-3 days later, with the end result being that the ON-DEMAND viewing window is still shortened for the TCM viewer. ALSO, and perhaps just as important (considering the viewing window remains unchanged) the TCM fan has NO idea whether a movie broadcast a specific day is even supposed to be available for ON-DEMAND viewing until it unexpectedly shows up on the movies list.

I won't even hazard a guess as to why TCM is experiencing this "current" snafu.
Suffice it to say that TCM programing is well aware at the time of broadcast which features they have licensed for ON-DEMAND repeat viewing that week, so why they are NOT being made available for timely viewing remains a mystery for those of us that currently use this repeatedly defective service.
Whenever TCM finally gets around to addressing one of these continually occurring "problems" it isn't long before another "problem" crops up in it's stead.
As a fairly consistent ON-DEMAND viewer, I have noticed an ever increasing frequency of problems with TCM's ON-DEMAND service this last year, to the point where an issue of magnitude is now occurring at least every other month.

I believe that TCM is not totally unaware of these issues, as eventually there appears to be some effort to address and temporarily "correct" them. However their frequent occurrence does nothing but baffle, confound, irritate and alienate both existing and potential "replacement" TCM ON-DEMAND fans and viewers. 
I doubt that is TCM's intent, however if it is, then they are indeed doing a "splendid job" at showing disgruntled TCM fans that they really don't care enough about their ON-DEMAND service to proactively support it. 

I would appreciate the TCM Moderator forwarding this post content along to whomever at TCM that might actually give a damn???

• Confused 1

Anyone having problems streaming TCM via Firefox since their last update? I was having some of the usual issues but now a movie starts and plays for about 1.5 seconds and then goes to dark screen.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I've been having trouble with movies not playing, Double Harness and Arsenic and Old Lace are two that currently won't play for me. This has happened a number of times before with other films. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/22/2017 at 6:58 PM, BillS said:

Anyone having problems streaming TCM via Firefox since their last update? I was having some of the usual issues but now a movie starts and plays for about 1.5 seconds and then goes to dark screen.

I don't know if the latest Firefox update is conflicting with TCM ON-DEMAND or not, Bill?
I reverted back to the 32 bit version 55.03 (released Aug 25, 2017) for use with TCM, when I noticed separate  Firefox -TCM conflicts with the 56.0.0 Firefox version released 9/28/2017.
Haven't updated Firefox again since then, though I should check out the latest update for security issues...
I just want to keep things as simple as I can with TCM, since whatever version of Firefox generally works well with everything else i stream, except TCM, and then I'm left wondering if the problem/s are with TCM or the latest Firefox, or something else????

But I can share this... Per my previous post here, since Thursday evening (11/16/2017) TCM has been back to some of their old "tricks" again, albeit with a slightly new twist this time.
Last month (October) we all experienced problems with streaming anything from TCM ON-DEMAND (black screens, buffering circles, hesitations, freezes, etc. when something would start to stream...). After finally acknowledging that the problem existed, it took TCM staffers over a week before they finally got things back on track.
This month it is almost the same thing, except TCM began to delay their ON-DEMAND programing listings from the usual 3 hrs post live broadcast, to from 1 to 4 (or more) days afterward.
Most of the "listed" ON-DEMAND features that I checked appeared to load & play "normally" (within 3-5 seconds) and of the few that I watched in their entirety, I experienced no hiccups throughout.
However the viewer expiration window remained unchanged from the live broadcast date, thereby "shorting" us the entire delay period (of from 24 to well over 72 hrs)...
In addition to this, some of the features from last weekend that did belatedly show up as available for ON-DEMAND viewing, displayed (are still displaying) the same problems as experienced last October (i.e. no stream at all: black screen, or the proverbial little spinning circle).
So these features were not only delayed from 1-3 days before listing them ON-DEMAND, but even after TCM listed that they were available for ON-DEMAND viewing they still wouldn't stream, and this is using an older version of Firefox that I know still works well with TCM.

Of the features from last Saturday (11/18/2017):  ALL THIS, AND HEAVEN TOO (1940), PEOPLE WILL TALK (1951), PT 109 (1963), HIGH SOCIETY (1956), and GREEN FIRE (1955), 
All were delayed in ON-DEMAND listing, and then never stream-able afterward, and are due to expire today!
From last Sunday (11/19/2017): EVERY FEATURE LISTED ON-DEMAND FROM THAT DAY!!!
DOUBLE HARNESS (1933), THE RAZOR's EDGE (1946), SHOW BOAT (1951), PLYMOUTH ADVENTURE (1952), SOUNDER (1972), THE SINGLE STANDARD (1929), and THAT LITTLE BAND OF GOLD (1915),
All were delayed in ON-DEMAND listing, and never stream-able afterward, and due to expire tomorrow!
MARKETA LAZAROVA (1967), the TCM import from late Sunday night, was also delayed in ON-DEMAND availability, then for an additional day would not load or stream at all (black screen). Finally, by Tuesday evening (11/21/‎2017) it would load and stream and I was able to watch it through it's entirety.

So if you were having streaming problems with any of the above, and not others, then I can confirm that the problem lies with TCM and NOT with Firefox.

I was slightly hopeful, that after my initial post last Tuesday morning (11/21/2017) here (in the Moderator's pinned thread) about this recent issue that the TCM Moderator would forward the concern to whomever at TCM!
Whether that happened or not I am unaware, but the end result is still NOTHING!
Whether TCM is short staffed (again???) or using ill prepared trainees, or just "managed" by incompetents, I can not tell.
But the end result is that we (the TCM subscriber viewers) appear to be going through some type of unnecessary problem with the TCM ON-DEMAND service every month now!
They still don't listen to us, and may not even be listening to their own Moderators regarding any of this (or only selectively listening to them, at best).

What remains is that the TCM ON-DEMAND "service" is what it is, a good idea, poorly administered. 
It works well intermittently, punctuated by frustrating episodes such as this, of extreme incompetence.
Users of TCM ON-DEMAND need to be made aware of this from the get go, that this is an ill-managed "beta" service at best, and has been since it's inception.
If TCM were upfront about that, then they could avoid frustrating and alienating both old and new members of their subscriber fan base. Or at least tell us, that we should expect little reliable consistency from this "service," instead of heavily promoting it for something that it is NOT!
But they simply refuse to either make it work on any consistent level, or own up to the problems that they create with it!

I grow weary of repetitively posting about these issues again and again here, since it appears to be of little to no good. Except to perhaps confirm with others of "us" that too often the problems that we experience with this service is NOT due to OUR equipment or software, but rests squarely with an ill (or non) responsive TCM!!!

On 11/25/2017 at 5:00 AM, Stephan55 said:

I don't know if the latest Firefox update is conflicting with TCM ON-DEMAND or not, Bill?
I reverted back to the 32 bit version 55.03 (released Aug 25, 2017) for use with TCM, when I noticed separate  Firefox -TCM conflicts with the 56.0.0 Firefox version released 9/28/2017.
Haven't updated Firefox again since then, though I should check out the latest update for security issues...
I just want to keep things as simple as I can with TCM, since whatever version of Firefox generally works well with everything else i stream, except TCM, and then I'm left wondering if the problem/s are with TCM or the latest Firefox, or something else????

Firefox has recently put out v.57.  That in itself shouldn't be much of an issue, just a version release, but this is a major step for them.  This is the newly completed work, called "Quantum".  It is a faster, lighter-weight browser compared to anything before.  The one burning issue is that all the add-on extensions needed to be rebuilt for this release.  Any older extensions that were built prior to 2017 and are not "Quantum", "v.57" or "WE (web extension)"-friendly will cease to work.

This is a slap in the face to many in the Firefox community, and some are looking at the other browser options.

I am not quite there.  There are a few add-on extensions that I would like to see get updated for Quantum/Web Extension compatibility before I make the jump to v.57.  For now I am happily using v.56.

If v.55 works for you, for the time being, then fine. 

If you want to continue to receive security updates on older versions, Firefox's ESR versions are really the way to go.   This is what large corporations that use Firefox for their web portals use.  The ESR versions are considered more stable in the business environment since they are updated more slowly.  Outside of security fixes, they don't get touched.  Even though they are intended for business use, you can download and use them yourself.  V.52 is the current ESR (extended service release) version.  It will continue to receive security updates into the middle of 2018 (by then the current release really ought to work).  The only reason I am  not using it is that it is too old for my newer add-on extensions.  I may revert to it though if the few remaining ones are not updated so that everything works properly on v.57.

Firefox ESR 52 FAQ/Download:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

Firefox ESR Release Overview

Not saying any of this will help with the TCM website, as that has issues of its own, but just presenting Firefox's side of things.

• Thanks 1

As an addendum to my last post, if there are any Linux Mint users who already allowed the Firefox upgrade to v.57 to happen, if you still have them, you can find the older versions of the Firefox .deb (Debian installer files) in your "/var/cache/apt/archives" folder.  They have already removed them from the repository.

Ubuntu I think still has them, as their repository is a bit different (it is on an LTS or long-term-service timeline).

I will put the Firefox v.55 & v.56 for Linux Mint 18.2 up here for convenience.  (Windows and Mac users can probably find them somewhere on the Firefox website)

For Linux Mint 18.2 (Sonya), either of these pairs of files can be used, but first remove the current similarly named v.57 pair of Firefox programs you will have ("firefox" & "firefox-locale-en").

http://moviecollector.us/tmp/firefox-locale-en_55.0.2+linuxmint1+sonya_amd64.deb

http://moviecollector.us/tmp/firefox_55.0.2+linuxmint1+sonya_amd64.deb

http://moviecollector.us/tmp/firefox-locale-en_56.0+linuxmint1+sonya_amd64.deb

http://moviecollector.us/tmp/firefox_56.0+linuxmint1+sonya_amd64.deb

For the past 11 evenings or so, "Watch" has become unusable once entering prime-time. When I use before 8pm everything is fine. However, after 8 (sometimes a little sooner, sometimes a little later), it turns into a mess. Audio out of sync, audio dropped entirely, freezes, and the dreaded spinning wheel, pretty much every two minutes. Again, on-demand is fine (I've been using it to watch what I could not the night before), and weirdly, this is only occurring past eight. It is VERY consistent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvernet said:

For the past 11 evenings or so, "Watch" has become unusable once entering prime-time. When I use before 8pm everything is fine. However, after 8 (sometimes a little sooner, sometimes a little later), it turns into a mess. Audio out of sync, audio dropped entirely, freezes, and the dreaded spinning wheel, pretty much every two minutes. Again, on-demand is fine (I've been using it to watch what I could not the night before), and weirdly, this is only occurring past eight. It is VERY consistent.

Now that's about as concise a problem report as I have ever seen on here.  Attention, TCM.

TCM ON-DEMAND has been all over the place this last month (November 2017).

Variably Delayed ON-DEMAND listings, shorting the ON-DEMAND viewing window from one to up to four days. Some movies listed that wouldn't load or play at all (that TCM NEVER got around to "fixing").
And, even one movie that was made available ON-DEMAND several hours before it's actual broadcast????

Last night (Thursday, 11/30/2017), before I watched the broadcast of a pleasant little film "Wee Geordi," I noticed that there was still nothing listed as available for ON-DEMAND viewing for that day. However, when I finished watching that broadcast, and rechecked ON-DEMAND, someone at TCM had not only caught-up with that days listings, but had also thrown in the immediate ON-DEMAND availability of LOCAL HERO (1983), which was wasn't due for broadcast until early the next morning... several hours hence.

Very, very strange this last month. Absolutely no consistency whatsoever, unless one counts a consistently haphazard, predictably unreliable ON-DEMAND as being consistent???
No idea if this will become the new "norm" for TCM? Though nothing should surprise me by now.

I'm not posting this because I'm **** about this. I'm actually fast approaching no longer caring at all!
However there are other posters on these boards who have made comments indicating that they are confused about this and other issues with TCM's streaming services. And since this is the Moderator's pinned "response" thread, I have directed them to check and post here.

TCM might want to consider rewording some of the "facts" in their links, since they are obviously no longer relevant...  i.e.

Per the HELP/GENERAL FACTS link:
http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/help/#info

How can I find if my favorite star or movie is available in Watch TCM?
In most cases, movies are available within 3 hours after they air on the network, and then they are available for 7 days.

Wow, glad I checked the forum before leaving a (useless) message at their published contact number. I considered doing that because the web site has no contact information for website technical issues. Duh #1.

I've been unable to use Watch TCM with ANY cable provider for multiple, sometimes unknown reasons.

- Using current versions of Opera and Google Chrome, website gives me the incorrect message that 'Flash needs updating'. Not true, probably the dev-child-web-designer is using simple minded user agent checking. Duh #2.

- Firefox v52 ESR login attempts results in an endless authentication request loop. Duh #3.

Guess I should update Wikipedia's definition of Cluster**** to refer to TCM's back office (IT and customer service).

Gawd help us if the AT&T merger is successful, another big, inept, teflon big corporation to eff things up even worse.

Bonus Duh - why doesn't TCM have a Roku app? (or am I wrong). I'd rather watch movies on a 42 inch screen than using their silly Android app (old guy WTH).

On 12/9/2017 at 12:08 PM, Jim Cooper said:

This. has been an issue for 2 months.  Is there no sense of urgency the TCM IT department?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::(

12 hours ago, MikeF said:

Wow, glad I checked the forum before leaving a (useless) message at their published contact number. I considered doing that because the web site has no contact information for website technical issues. Duh #1.

I've been unable to use Watch TCM with ANY cable provider for multiple, sometimes unknown reasons.

- Using current versions of Opera and Google Chrome, website gives me the incorrect message that 'Flash needs updating'. Not true, probably the dev-child-web-designer is using simple minded user agent checking. Duh #2.

- Firefox v52 ESR login attempts results in an endless authentication request loop. Duh #3.

Guess I should update Wikipedia's definition of Cluster**** to refer to TCM's back office (IT and customer service).

Gawd help us if the AT&T merger is successful, another big, inept, teflon big corporation to eff things up even worse.

Bonus Duh - why doesn't TCM have a Roku app? (or am I wrong). I'd rather watch movies on a 42 inch screen than using their silly Android app (old guy WTH).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::(

LOL

Another Duh that we have come across is that the Watch TCM login script requires for you to have your third party cookies enabled (defaults on Firefox 52 ESR may need to be changed here, not sure).  To get to that option, you might need to go to the Preferences/Privacy & Settings/History settings and change History "Firefox will remember history" to "Use custom settings for history".  Then if needed, change "Accept third party cookies" to "Always".

It's really not a good idea, they just assume everyone does it though...:lol:

Back in about September, I (and it seemed many others) were having a problem with the east coast stream being unusable (freezing every couple of minutes) but the west coast stream running fine.

Well, that problem has returned. It's been going on for about the past five days or so.

Anyone else having a problem streaming The Chapman Report? (Available until Dec 28.)
I can watch other TCM movies on my PC, including the trailers for The Chapman Report... but starting up the movie just gives a blank black rectangle.  If I click Watch Now a couple times, the white control bar shows up (with play button, progress slider, full screen icon, etc)... but no movie.  Oddly, I can watch the movie on my iPhone with WatchTCM app over the same Internet connection... but not on my PC. I've tried three browsers, private mode to disable addons, etc. I'm a computer tech and this movie is the only one not playing on PC, the other movies play fine. (I don't believe parental control is engaged either. ;)

Anyone else having issues streaming movies? I am. And it seems to be the movies since December 20th aren't streaming, starting with Betrayed. I've tried streaming on both IE and Chrome, and all I get is a black rectangle. And this has happened to me in the past where movies won't stream. 

Yes, I just tried to stream Deep in my Heart and Remember The Night on Chrome and IE and neither would run. On a separate note, I've noticed a number of films that run during the day that don't appear on the list of available movies. Recent examples are Carefree, The Bishop's Wife and Guys and Dolls. I assumed everything on the schedule would stream but that doesn't appear to be the case. I wonder how they make the decision about which movies to stream. 

Still unable to use the dongle for my iPad Air to HDMI, to my television.
Audio coming thru, but no image.
Is there a timeline for a fix?

Running from my macbook pro off a mini display to HDMI works fine.

Thank you.

Still having trouble streaming "tcm on demand", and the actual browser doesn't matter.  I get a black screen for ALL "tcm on demand" movies for the past two entire days, 12/26 and 12/17.  Thankfully, I have an extensive vcr film library because I already pay Verizon fios a very handsome monthly fee for no purpose other than the ability to stream tcm films.  Does anyone at tcm care?  Obviously, this is a problem that has nothing to do with our cable carrriers, our personal hardware or software, or our browsers (doesn't work with chrome or explorer either).  The problem pertains to tcm.  Let's get with it, folks!  This service is NOT free for us!

• Like 1

12/27/17  ~2:31 pm CST  I am a new subscriber and am very DISAPPOINTED. 

Initially, using an ethernet-connected PC, digital projector, and a Comcast subscription I've been happily streaming (not "live watching") classic films on TCM.  I've not been able to stream for the past couple of days.  My problems started probably around 12/22/17 when I tried repeatedly to watch "Mutiny on the Bounty."  As a result of reading several forum threads discussing how many people are having this problem, I've come to the conclusion that this is not isolated viewers' problems but rather a problem on TCM's end. 

Posters to various forums have mentioned that this has been ongoing since October 9, when even a moderator acknowledged a problem.  People mention all sorts of variables from the client they use (PC, tablet, phone, etc.) their browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc.) their provider (Comcast, COX, etc.) internet connection (ethernet, wi-fi) speed, flash version. 

I finally did an experiment.  I downloaded the TCM app to my LG G4 on which I am able to watch all the films I was unsuccessful at watching using my PC:

A Christmas Carol
42nd Street
One Foot
The Big Cube
The Cat and the Fiddle
Scrooge
Even their TCM video of how to stream doesn't work

I've called and left a message at TCM @ 1-404-885-5535 #1.  I plan to repost this on every forum discussing streaming problems. 

Could it be that TCM has focused its attention on phone and tablet Apps and not kept up with PC Browser/flash player issues?  I want to use my ethernet connected PC and projector; I don't want to watch on my wi-fi phone or connect my phone to the project.  TCM recently started "Filmstruck," another streaming service w/ Criterion - are they channeling too many energies in that direction?  I love old movies and TCM is about the only place I know of (except YouTube) to find them any more.  I started subscribing b/c I want to support TCM's effort to keep classic film alive, but if TCM doesn't soon acknowledge and attend to this problem, I'll start looking @ YouTube and stop giving TCM my $$

TCM's apparent lack of interest in this issue is absolutely unacceptable. 

• Like 1

TCM ON-DEMAND NEVER FAILS TO FAIL US, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!

And I thought it was BAD when it had degraded into a Bi-Monthly Issue...
But since August-September (2017) This NOW appears to be a MONTHLY ritual with TCM ON-DEMAND streaming service.

Two or three weeks of almost normal streaming, then Whamoo! FLAWED to NO Streaming AT ALL!!!
NOT for just a movie or two, BUT FOR EVERY MOVIE listed as available ON-DEMAND, and NOT for just a day or two, BUT FOR THE ENTIRE 7 DAY VIEWING WINDOW!!!

As far as I became aware, this latest round began with "Twilight People" (1973) which aired late Saturday evening two weeks ago (12/16/2017) and though listed as available for ON-DEMAND streaming, NEVER even attempted to load, just a BLACK SCREEN which lasted the entire 7 day window.

There have been other features affected as well, but I have grown tired of reporting these issues as they occur, since NOBODY at TCM seems to give a damn and monitor their own streaming out-put, and certainly NO ONE at TCM pays any attention to anything we post here... AND of COURSE, as many of the "newbies" are sadly discovering, there is NO WAY to ACTUALLY CONTACT or COMMUNICATE with TCM via the "Channels" that they have "provided" (email, phone, or letters... ALL IGNORED!).

Though I have NOT checked them ALL, It appears as if EVERY MOVIE listed as available ON-DEMAND with a "7 day viewing window" expiring from 12/28/2017 to present, will NOT stream at all. At least NOT using a high end PC with everything up-to-date.
Most of the Features listed with a "7 day viewing window" expiring from 12/27/2017 and before DID however load and stream "normally" this month AND when checking, the "Live" feed did NOT appear to be affected, JUST the ON-DEMAND features.
Again, as "usual" the intros, clips, and previews play(ed) normally.

This has been pretty much the same routine that is occurring at least Monthly now with TCM.
The last few times that this has happened the duration appears to be anywhere from a week to 10 days. Generally the "problem" isn't corrected instantly (as it used to be prior to last September), but appears to take several days to "correct" once the process has been begun. In the meantime, WE the PAYING SUBSCRIBERS for TCM and their STREAMING services, are DENIED the SERVICES that we SUBSCRIBE and PAY FOR!
As these problem/s began long before the NET NEUTRALITY regulation was REPEALED, I cannot ascribe these FAILINGS to my (our) ISP's (at least NOT yet).
THESE failings lie strictly at the feet of TCM.

Something else noticed, is that it appears that the "love affair" between TCM and the Disney Vault has seriously degraded. Prior to last June (2017) Practically EVERY Disney Vault feature was also AVAILABLE for ON-DEMAND viewing... However in September and December quarters this year NONE of them were available for us to watch or re-watch ON-DEMAND. And sadly, many of these little Disney treasures were NEVER made available in DVD format.

I guess the point of this post is to acknowledge to others posting here that they are sadly NOT alone in their NEGATIVE TCM streaming experience. 
I have been a "loyal" TCM fan for almost two decades. I have used their streaming service almost exclusively (with a PC) since early 2015. I have personally seen this "service" go from okay, to bad, to worse, during that time frame.
Granted there have been a few noticeably apparent improvements in the overall streaming quality of more of the features presented (i.e. fast motion blurring, pixilation and "freezing," etc. have improved). At least when TCM ON-DEMAND is "functioning" as it should, and when using a high end system with more than adequate downstream from my ISP.
HOWEVER (imo), that is more than cancelled out by the frequent (ever more frequent) problems created by TCM that prevent unimpaired streaming, or NO STREAMING at all! And this lasting for days to a week or longer at each occurrence. AND (for me) the GREATEST FLAW is the TOTAL UNRESPONSIVENESS of TCM to any of our efforts to communicate with them about any of this!!! (even in this pinned Moderator thread).

I am fortunate to have an extensive video library to fall back upon.
But I do confess that as these issues are becoming ever more so routine, that I have began to increasingly distance myself from TCM, and am now (after all these years) contemplating cancelling my TCM subscription for which I (we) pay a higher tier fee to access.
Since the ON-DEMAND "service" is what I use most, and since (next to a lack of TCM responsiveness) it is the most flawed aspect of TCM to which I am aware, I am finding less and less reason to continue on with this frustrating experience...
Thanks TCM, for alienating me. You have a great product, but despite the hype, your ON-DEMAND streaming "service" SUCKS!