Sign in to follow this  
TCMModerator1

Watch TCM

5 posts in this topic

We’re aware of an issue that’s currently preventing users from playing some movies on Watch TCM.  Our teams are working on fixing this now, and hope to have this resolved soon. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we get this sorted. 

• Like 2

It would help "us" to be more "patient" and "understanding" if  "someone" at TCM "shared" with us more about these frequent issues when they occurred. AND would respond to us when "we" notice and post about them. 

It might be a step in a positive direction for you to pin this thread, so that you, as a TCMModerator can better act as a liaison between an otherwise unresponsive TCM and "we," otherwise loyal but left-in-the-dark, subscribers to TCM and their consistently unreliable ON-DEMAND product.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:24 AM, Stephan55 said:

It would help "us" to be more "patient" and "understanding" if  "someone" at TCM "shared" with us more about these frequent issues when they occurred. AND would respond to us when "we" notice and post about them. 

It might be a step in a positive direction for you to pin this thread, so that you, as a TCMModerator can better act as a liaison between an otherwise unresponsive TCM and "we," otherwise loyal but left-in-the-dark, subscribers to TCM and their consistently unreliable ON-DEMAND product.

Maybe if someone actually cared.

• Sad 1

I am attempting to watch COUNTER ATTACK (1945) on WATCH TCM MOVIES ON-DEMAND which was aired late last night (11/7/2017). However, Only 5.13 minutes of the movie is available for streaming from the TCM servers.

I've noticed that TCM does this periodically and generally never "catches" or corrects the problem. Usually when this occurs the movie is cut after 30 minutes or so, but this time the movie was so truncated it's like watching an "intro clip."

I will say that the "clip" was very crisp, and inviting. The last time that I saw this infrequently aired WW2 "gem" with Paul Muni was back in 2008, and I really want to see it again, ON-DEMAND.

Since "those" at TCM ON-DEMAND are evidently still NOT monitoring their out-put (or doing so inconsistently) would it be possible for you, as the TCM Moderator, to report this "problem" to them so that they can "correct" it BEFORE the 7 day viewing window ends.

A timely response will be appreciated.

11/9/2017 UPDATE

I just finished watching the complete stream of COUNTER ATTACK (1945) on WATCH TCM MOVIES ON-DEMAND.
I thank the TCM Moderator and TCM staff for "correcting" the above problem within a day after being reported. 

A few words about this picture.
The TCM print was very crisp and appeared to have been restored.
The movie plot was about a handful of Russian and German soldiers trapped in the basement of a bombed out building within a Russian city being contested by both sides during WW2. For the moment the Russians have the upper hand, but are outnumbered by the Germans and as sleepless days pass fatigue sets in. As they await rescue by either friend or foe, the trapped soldiers play a dangerous game of cat and mouse trying to gain critical information from each other that will prove useful for their side.
I enjoyed re-watching this realistic psychological drama which featured fine performances throughout, including the always great Paul Muni and George Macready, with a supporting role by Larry Parks, a promising young actor whose career was destroyed by the Hollywood Blacklist era.

I’m no longer able to logon in iOS 11. I put in my FIOS username and password and it just spins and spins and nothing happens. It’s not my logon because all the other apps work fine (HBO Go for example).