Sign in to follow this  
TCMModerator1

Watch TCM

7 posts in this topic

We’re aware of an issue that’s currently preventing users from playing some movies on Watch TCM.  Our teams are working on fixing this now, and hope to have this resolved soon. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we get this sorted. 

• Like 2

It would help "us" to be more "patient" and "understanding" if  "someone" at TCM "shared" with us more about these frequent issues when they occurred. AND would respond to us when "we" notice and post about them. 

It might be a step in a positive direction for you to pin this thread, so that you, as a TCMModerator can better act as a liaison between an otherwise unresponsive TCM and "we," otherwise loyal but left-in-the-dark, subscribers to TCM and their consistently unreliable ON-DEMAND product.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 1:24 AM, Stephan55 said:

It would help "us" to be more "patient" and "understanding" if  "someone" at TCM "shared" with us more about these frequent issues when they occurred. AND would respond to us when "we" notice and post about them. 

It might be a step in a positive direction for you to pin this thread, so that you, as a TCMModerator can better act as a liaison between an otherwise unresponsive TCM and "we," otherwise loyal but left-in-the-dark, subscribers to TCM and their consistently unreliable ON-DEMAND product.

Maybe if someone actually cared.

• Sad 1

I am attempting to watch COUNTER ATTACK (1945) on WATCH TCM MOVIES ON-DEMAND which was aired late last night (11/7/2017). However, Only 5.13 minutes of the movie is available for streaming from the TCM servers.

I've noticed that TCM does this periodically and generally never "catches" or corrects the problem. Usually when this occurs the movie is cut after 30 minutes or so, but this time the movie was so truncated it's like watching an "intro clip."

I will say that the "clip" was very crisp, and inviting. The last time that I saw this infrequently aired WW2 "gem" with Paul Muni was back in 2008, and I really want to see it again, ON-DEMAND.

Since "those" at TCM ON-DEMAND are evidently still NOT monitoring their out-put (or doing so inconsistently) would it be possible for you, as the TCM Moderator, to report this "problem" to them so that they can "correct" it BEFORE the 7 day viewing window ends.

A timely response will be appreciated.

11/9/2017 UPDATE

I just finished watching the complete stream of COUNTER ATTACK (1945) on WATCH TCM MOVIES ON-DEMAND.
I thank the TCM Moderator and TCM staff for "correcting" the above problem within a day after being reported. 

A few words about this picture.
The TCM print was very crisp and appeared to have been restored.
The movie plot was about a handful of Russian and German soldiers trapped in the basement of a bombed out building within a Russian city being contested by both sides during WW2. For the moment the Russians have the upper hand, but are outnumbered by the Germans and as sleepless days pass fatigue sets in. As they await rescue by either friend or foe, the trapped soldiers play a dangerous game of cat and mouse trying to gain critical information from each other that will prove useful for their side.
I enjoyed re-watching this realistic psychological drama which featured fine performances throughout, including the always great Paul Muni and George Macready, with a supporting role by Larry Parks, a promising young actor whose career was destroyed by the Hollywood Blacklist era.

I’m no longer able to logon in iOS 11. I put in my FIOS username and password and it just spins and spins and nothing happens. It’s not my logon because all the other apps work fine (HBO Go for example). 

I've noticed a recent increase in "lag" time between broadcast and availability on WATCH TCM MOVIES ON-DEMAND.

For the last 3 plus years the "general" practice at TCM has been to have movies available for ON-DEMAND viewing after they have completed the EAST-WEST broadcast air-time.
Infrequently a movie that is NOT immediately listed as available for ON-DEMAND viewing has shown up as available within a day (or sometimes up to two days) after it's airing.

However, as of last Thursday evening (11/16/2017) an inordinate amount of movies have begun popping up as available for ON-DEMAND viewing two to three days AFTER they have aired, AND their 7 day viewing window is not increased to compensate for this delay!!!

For example: on Thurs (11/16/2017) three Marsha Mason movies (THE GOODBYE GIRL, PROMISES IN THE DARK, and AUDREY ROSE) were NOT immediately available for ON-DEMAND, but popped up available for viewing late Saturday nite-early Sunday am (11/19/2017), NOTE their 7 day cut off is still 11/24/2017, instead of 11/25 or 11/26/2017).
Friday night's (11/17/2017) broadcast of MEAN STREETS became available for ON-DEMAND late Sunday nite-early Monday am (11/20/2017) but it's cut off remains at 11/25/2017.
Movies broadcast Saturday day (11/18/2017): PEOPLE WILL TALK & PT 109, showed up ON-DEMAND Monday am, but their cut-off remains at 11/25/2017. Likewise, Sat. evenings  HIGH SOCIETY became available Monday, and it's cut-off remains 11/26/2017, and REAR WINDOW just became available early today, Tuesday am (11/21/2017),  after a three day delay, with a  cut-off of 11/26/2017.
As of Monday am, Sunday's afternoons broadcast of SOUNDER became available for ON-DEMAND viewing, but it's cut-off remains at 11/26/2017, By Monday afternoon, the Sunday am broadcast of DOUBLE HARNESS showed up, and by Monday evening followed THE RAZOR'S EDGE, PLYMOUTH ADVENTURE, and Silent Sunday Nite's  THE SINGLE STANDARD & THAT LITTLE BAND OF GOLD. 
Six of the 12 main features broadcast Sunday, all delayed at least a day for ON-DEMAND. 

As of this Tuesday am writing ONLY TWO of Mondays (11/20/2017) broadcasts are currently available ON-DEMAND: PROFESSIONAL SWEETHEART (broadcast early yesterday am) and ARSENIC AND OLD LACE (broadcast early yesterday afternoon), NONE of the remaining 11 features broadcast Monday, are currently available ON-DEMAND, and who knows if any more will unexpectedly, suddenly pop-up at some later date???

Per the HELP/GENERAL FACTS link:
http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/help/#info

How can I find if my favorite star or movie is available in Watch TCM?
In most cases, movies are available within 3 hours after they air on the network, and then they are available for 7 days.

The point of all this is simply that for the last three plus years the above HAS BEEN the TCM standard.
However, since last Thursday an inordinate number of features have had ON-DEMAND viewing delayed from 24-72+ hrs after broadcast, however their ON-DEMAND viewing window remains unaltered, thereby shorting TCM ON-DEMAND view time by from 1-3 days.
In October this year, the problem was listing movies as available for ON-DEMAND viewing, and then NOT allowing them to effectively stream (for whatever reason) for several days, cutting short their 7 day ON-DEMAND viewing window. This problem was eventually acknowledged and addressed.
This November (since last Thurs. evening), TCM is NOT listing any movies as Available for ON-DEMAND viewing during the previously normal "3 hours  after they air on the network" time frame, but then some of these will begin popping up as available 1-3 days later, with the end result being that the ON-DEMAND viewing window is still shortened for the TCM viewer. ALSO, and perhaps just as important (considering the viewing window remains unchanged) the TCM fan has NO idea whether a movie broadcast a specific day is even supposed to be available for ON-DEMAND viewing until it unexpectedly shows up on the movies list.

I won't even hazard a guess as to why TCM is experiencing this "current" snafu.
Suffice it to say that TCM programing is well aware at the time of broadcast which features they have licensed for ON-DEMAND repeat viewing that week, so why they are NOT being made available for timely viewing remains a mystery for those of us that currently use this repeatedly defective service.
Whenever TCM finally gets around to addressing one of these continually occurring "problems" it isn't long before another "problem" crops up in it's stead.
As a fairly consistent ON-DEMAND viewer, I have noticed an ever increasing frequency of problems with TCM's ON-DEMAND service this last year, to the point where an issue of magnitude is now occurring at least every other month.

I believe that TCM is not totally aware of these issues, as eventually there appears to be some effort to address and temporarily "correct" them. However their frequent occurrence does nothing but baffle, confound, irritate and alienate both existing and potential "replacement" TCM ON-DEMAND fans and viewers. 
I doubt that is TCM's intent, however if it is, then they are indeed doing a "splendid job" at showing disgruntled TCM fans that they really don't care enough about their ON-DEMAND service to proactively support it. 

I would appreciate the TCM Moderator forwarding this post content along to whomever at TCM that might actually give a damn???

Anyone having problems streaming TCM via Firefox since their last update? I was having some of the usual issues but now a movie starts and plays for about 1.5 seconds and then goes to dark screen.