Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

2017 california wildfires

67 posts in this topic

Residents flee as wildfires tear through northern california.

hamburgers and coke to the fore! cookout time!

:D

california-wildfires-july-2017.jpg

wonder if the hollywood 1% celebs own shares in napa valley wineries.

who wants hot wine? :huh:

wonder if the hollywood 1% celebs own shares in napa valley wineries.

who wants hot wine? :huh:

A lot of people there are farmers and people who work on farms.  You have such a holier-than-thou attitude yet you write such hateful things there must be a rock where your heart ought to be.  No wonder you love Donny so much - you two have a very similar belief system and contempt for your fellow humans.

How sanctimonious.  My family has ranched this land since 1965.  We are on voluntary evacuations but are staying due to livestock and chickens.  My parents are elderly and this is a serious emotional trial for me.  We are packed and ready to go if we are told to get out and it is heartbreaking to think we may have to leave this land we have worked so hard on and for.  This isn't a joke - at least to many of us.  We have had three deaths less than 20 miles from me.  Burgers and cokes are not in our forecast any time soon.

Watch out for karma.  Your laughter may be your own tears someday.

• Like 5

FrankieAnne, I am so sorry to learn what you and your family are going through and my heart goes out to you.  God bless and stay safe.

• Like 5

How sanctimonious.  My family has ranched this land since 1965.  We are on voluntary evacuations but are staying due to livestock and chickens.  My parents are elderly and this is a serious emotional trial for me.  We are packed and ready to go if we are told to get out and it is heartbreaking to think we may have to leave this land we have worked so hard on and for.  This isn't a joke - at least to many of us.  We have had three deaths less than 20 miles from me.  Burgers and cokes are not in our forecast any time soon.

Nip is mentally ill.    That is the only thing that explains his lack of concern for anyone but himself.

• Like 1

FrankieAnne, I am so sorry to learn what you and your family are going through and my heart goes out to you.  God bless and stay safe.

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  I am not in Sonoma or Napa Counties but am further north. We don't get the press they do because of how rural we are.  Cell phones and landlines are out due to fire.  Thank goodness for satellite internet and phone and my scanner.  I just need the power to stay on.  I never thought I would be a fan of Twitter due to its use the past few months by certain parties but am finding it an excellent resource and am following four feeds at once to stay informed.  We just need the winds to lay low, which was the cause of all of this in the first place.

Just another example of the OP's Christian compassion.

On the contrary--I would say this is an example of the OP's lack of Christian Compassion.

Christianity has no copyright and no copyright lawyers to stop anyone from being a poser or Pretender to the faith.

• Like 1

On the contrary--I would say this is an example of the OP's lack of Christian Compassion.

I was pointing out that, yet again, our most vocal proponent of living a proper Christian life is also the one who seems to least exhibit those qualities put forth by the religion (compassion, empathy, non-judgmental, forgiveness, pacifism).

His comments are another example of how his "Us-vs-Them" partisanship has completely warped his mind. And he's not the only one around who seems to show those symptoms. 

Who knows, though? Maybe Nippy is doing some kind of meta-commentary thing like Colbert's old show and he's only pretending to be an extreme dunderhead to make all Trump supporters look bad.

• Like 3

Well, he oughta get a big chuckle out of this one.

Thank you, James, for the reply.  I appreciate it.

No problem and my thoughts are with you.    Here in So Cal the fires are a lot less of a problem but I had two friends that had to evaluate and one family is staying with us tonight.     

Take care and be safe. 

your words have moved me to great regret. I hope you will forgive me for my misplaced attempt at humor.

your words have moved me to great regret. I hope you will forgive me for my misplaced attempt at humor.

No one believe this was a misplaced attempted at humor.    Instead since CA is full of stinking liberals, feminist, gays, and others you despise,  your attempt at humor was targeted.     

• Like 2

No one believe this was a misplaced attempted at humor.    Instead since CA is full of stinking liberals, feminist, gays, and others you despise,  your attempt at humor was targeted.     

to be honest, jamesjazzguitar, and maybe this is unfair of me. but it strikes me as kinda unintelligent to enjoy sun, warmth and palm trees at the cost of so many trade-offs.

earthquakes, mudslides and great conflagrations....plus millennial age teenagers who are going to get their kicks this time of year with arson.

is it really worth it in terms of loss of property and upheaval? I can't say my attempt at humor was moved by personal hostility torwards the groups you mentioned....except the rich hollywood 1%ers.

you know the type. the ones who hypocritically have provided cover to harvey weinerstein all these years.

it's certainly not a point of ignorance that most of california is a tinderbox. so the financially well-off build expensive residential spreads in a part of the country prone to great fires. then when a big fire occurs they fret terribly. unfortunate but hardly my fault.

"they're just things, mel, we can replace them." -anne bancroft, the prisoner of second avenue

jack-lemmon-anne-bancroft-the-prisoner-o

One would think California's past history of wildfires would had sent a message about the risk of living there.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_California_wildfires

california-fire-397097.jpg

May_2014_California_Wildfires_close-up.j

What part of California haven't burned? :huh:

041.jpg

The Associated PressVerified account @AP 1h1 hour ago

BREAKING: Fire official says catastrophic wildfires in California wine country have killed 21 people.

-so it 's THEIR fault for living there. right?

:blink:

Wow.  I can't believe what I am seeing.  Californians deserve this?  Death toll of 21 isn't enough, huh?  I guess 40 million would make you happy?

Being in the same place with narrow minded, stereotypical and uncaring views isn't something that is on my list of things to do.  I'm gone.

I pray you never have to experience the fear, sense of loss and sadness that so many are going through right now.  Your heart needs to expand, as well as your mind.

Best wishes, everyone.

• Like 3

FrankieAnne--Please stay safe.  Best wishes to you and all of the California posters.  Not everyone here is an insensitive ****.

• Like 2

The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP 1h1 hour ago

BREAKING: Fire official says catastrophic wildfires in California wine country have killed 21 people.

-so it 's THEIR fault for living there. right?

:blink:

where's the trump winery? :D 

There are hundreds missing now, you soul-less creature.  Happy?  By the way, the Trump winery is in Virginia.  

FrankieAnne, I don't know if you will see this.  We are with you and your neighbors and California .  Please don't let one or two cretins get to you.  The vast majority of posters here are decent people.  I am so sorry you're going through this.  Stay safe.

• Like 5