Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

The newest step in the evolution of the Boy Scouts: accepting girls

39 posts in this topic

The Boy Scouts of America announced on Wednesday that it will admit girls into the Cub Scouts starting next year and establish a new program for older girls using the organization’s same curriculum.

In the historic move, Cub Scout dens — the smallest unit — will be single-gender, either all boys or all girls. Cub Scout packs, which are larger and include a number of dens, will have the option to welcome both genders if they choose.

The Boy Scouts’ board of directors voted unanimously for the change on Wednesday.

“This decision is true to the BSA’s mission and core values outlined in the Scout Oath and Law. The values of Scouting — trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind, brave and reverent, for example — are important for both young men and women,” Michael Surbaugh, the group’s chief executive, said in a statement.

The Girl Scouts of America, which is separate and independent of the Boy Scouts, has been the primary scouting alternative for girls, and claims a membership of 1.8 million.

More recently, a rift has emerged between the two groups.

Here is another organization ruined by political correctness and the Democrats.

The Boy Scouts of America announced on Wednesday that it will admit girls into the Cub Scouts starting next year and establish a new program for older girls using the organization’s same curriculum.

In the historic move, Cub Scout dens — the smallest unit — will be single-gender, either all boys or all girls. Cub Scout packs, which are larger and include a number of dens, will have the option to welcome both genders if they choose.

The Boy Scouts’ board of directors voted unanimously for the change on Wednesday.

“This decision is true to the BSA’s mission and core values outlined in the Scout Oath and Law. The values of Scouting — trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind, brave and reverent, for example — are important for both young men and women,” Michael Surbaugh, the group’s chief executive, said in a statement.

The Girl Scouts of America, which is separate and independent of the Boy Scouts, has been the primary scouting alternative for girls, and claims a membership of 1.8 million.

More recently, a rift has emerged between the two groups.

Here is another organization ruined by political correctness and the Democrats.

sick.

• Like 1

Hmmm. I can think of some new merit badge possibilities.

I only wish I could mention them

• Like 1

Campfire has been coed for years.

I was a Girl Scout and I sold many boxes of cookies, but I have to say the Campfire candy is quite tasty.

It says that the Cub Scouts will be gender neutral, with boys and girls aged 7-12 together. When they age into the actual Boy and Girl Scout age, they'll still be divided by gender. From what I recall of the Cub Scouts, there was nothing that made it male-centric. I think girls can identify different types of knots, put up a tent, or start a camp fire as well as boys.

Right-wingers are a bunch of whiny *******. They're afraid of women even when they're little kids. Talk about sensitive snowflakes. Yeesh.

• Like 3

It says that the Cub Scouts will be gender neutral, with boys and girls aged 7-12 together. When they age into the actual Boy and Girl Scout age, they'll still be divided by gender. From what I recall of the Cub Scouts, there was nothing that made it male-centric. I think girls can identify different types of knots, put up a tent, or start a camp fire as well as boys.

Right-wingers are a bunch of whiny *******. They're afraid of women even when they're little kids. Talk about sensitive snowflakes. Yeesh.

My mother was both a Cub Scout and a Girl Scout Leader.

So they actually had women running the Cub Scouts because of the primary age of the boys. She had to learn how to tie all those knots, but I don't recall us ever using any of those knots in the Girl Scouts. LOL

My mother was both a Cub Scout and a Girl Scout Leader.

So they actually had women running the Cub Scouts because of the primary age of the boys. She had to learn how to tie all those knots, but I don't recall us ever using any of those knots in the Girl Scouts. LOL

at the heart of the cub scouts was always the den mother. :)

• Like 1

Why not make the Girl Scouts have the same activities as the boys?  No need then to join.

Leave it up to trendy progressives, both would be joined to become the Purple Penguin Scouts

• Like 1

Why not make the Girl Scouts have the same activities as the boys?  No need then to join.

Leave it up to trendy progressives, both would be joined to become the Purple Penguin Scouts

Once again, the Boy and Girl Scouts are not merging...only the Cub scouts. And why is it so upsetting to have them together for you guys? Are you afraid someone will get cooties? 

• Like 2

Once again, the Boy and Girl Scouts are not merging...only the Cub scouts. And why is it so upsetting to have them together for you guys? Are you afraid someone will get cooties? 

MY guess, Lawrence:

These "traditionalists" around here are probably MORE afraid that the little Cub Scouts of different genders will be "playing doctor" in the back room while the den fathers are busy setting up the chairs and table for their meetings.

AND of course, there's no "badge" for that sort'a thing they can award to the little tykes.

(...and the nearest one even REMOTELY applicable that I can recall from my old Cub Scout days would be that one you'd get for being able to start a fire by rubbing two sticks together)

• Like 1

I think it's fabulous that feminism will be getting to little boys that much earlier. The sooner boys become feminized, the sooner the nation will settle into a loving state of harmonious contentment.

I think it's fabulous that feminism will be getting to little boys that much earlier. The sooner boys become feminized, the sooner the nation will settle into a loving state of harmonious contentment.

Better we send them all to boot camp and live fireline training for the upcoming pogroms.

:rolleyes:  Seems like the only ones NOT complaining are the BOY SCOUTS themselves. ;)

Incidentally, my Mother was also the DEN MOTHER of my older brother's Cub Scout "den".  She also later became involved with The Campfire Girls due to my sister being in that organization.

Sepiatone

here's what happened to me 50 years ago as a cub scout. there was this nighttime meeting at the VFW down the street from where I lived, I was all set to be promoted from wolf to bear cub but there was this little condition, at least one parent had to be in attendance in order for me to participate in the ceremonies...

well sir....

my mom hadda work and believe you me given my father's conduct, she sure hadda work. he was kinda like the evil captain kirk from the enemy within. I knew he wasn't about to stop by at the meeting on his triumph 700hp motorcycle and crash the meeting. :lol:

my mother, me and my siblings had our itinerary and he had is...

well sir...

I kinda knew it might be a mistake to go to that meeting but gee willikers, I was sure proud of being a cub scout.

well, with no parent there that cub scout troop leader made me stand up and in front of all my schoolmates, told me that it was a concession that he was even permitting me to remain since I could not participate in the ceremonies. so I sat back down on the folding metal chair with my mouth hanging open...

that was the last time I was ever a cub scout. I didn't get to become a bear cub and didn't receive my 50 merit badges. cute huh?

50 years later it still burns. maybe I'm being petty still remembering that night a half a century later but gee willywokkers. I wonder if anything like that ever happened to frank burns.

SSN05_98engagement.gif

4ffba22d2efe43a680201bc6ec991e11.jpg?noi

I would make an exception, let in girl scouts and campfire girls so they can bake cookies for the boys.

1-2-133C-25-ExplorePAHistory-a0k9u8-a_34

Eventually they will have the little boys who are unsure of themselves go into the Girl Scouts for training.

• Like 1

Eventually they will have the little boys who are unsure of themselves go into the Girl Scouts for training.

Nah, they got the progressive school system for that.

• Like 1

il_570xN.771063755_bdlx.jpg

As a former Girl Scout, whose mother devoted herself to being a Girl Scout leader to teach and Lead young girls to a better life, I find your post not only insulting but just downright crude, vulgar and Un-American.

Also I find a number of posts that I've seen from you over the months to be demeaning and showing a lack of respect for girls and women, particularly ridiculing mature women.

You have a right to your opinions, and I also have a right to uphold respect for myself and all women.

As a former Girl Scout, whose mother devoted herself to being a Girl Scout leader to teach and Lead young girls to a better life, I find your post not only insulting but just downright crude, vulgar and Un-American.

Also I find a number of posts that I've seen from you over the months to be demeaning and showing a lack of respect for girls and women, particularly ridiculing mature women.

You have a right to your opinions, and I also have a right to uphold respect for myself and all women.

Welcome to the Offended States of America.  Once again PC rules!

(Of course they can try to outlaw teenage hormones)