Sign in to follow this  
Dargo

The "13th Thread"...A Poll

24 posts in this topic

I've been wondering of late how much of his own stated dogma the man-child-in-chief actually believes himself, and so I thought I'd start a little poll among the learned gentry around here.

And so if you would, please pick one from the following "A" through "E" answers I've supplied below, and then perhaps after I've taken the results from it, I might have a clearer picture of this issue.

A- All 100% of it...Yes, he's crazy as a loon, and in total believes whatever he spouts is "the God's honest truth"

B- About 75% of it...He's crazy but not totally insane

C- About 50% of it...Sometimes Donny Boy actually appears to be lucid

D- About 25% of it...On those rare occasions where he doesn't open his mouth and/or send out his little Tweets before putting his brain in gear, he appears even a little more lucid than what is normal for him

E- None, 0% of it...At night and just before he closes his eyes to sleep, Donny Boy chuckles to himself and thinks something along the lines of, "Oh what fools these mortals be. Once again today I got those idiots out there to believe I really meant what I told them."

(...and yeah, I know I know...I really should have consulted Rich and so he could have shown me how to do those polls of his using those neat charts and graphs, huh...but this format will probably suffice for now I would think)

I am still waiting (and hoping) to see what an actual medical report has to say about his mental stability.

If he is a genuine confabulator, then it would likely be A.

If he is a deceitful liar then it would likely be E, although the "best" deliberate liars often mix in a little actual "truth" to make the lie/s more palatable.

If he is afflicted with some degree of dementia disorder with periods of variable lucidity then it could be B-D. 

He appears to both blurt and lie habitually and compulsively (pathologically). He apparently has a long developed history of exhibitionism, and narcissistic behavior, which could have NPD roots. He displays a megalomania and persecution complex which is exaggerated beyond reality,  although the latter could also be a deliberate act of diversion.

However there could be a host of other variable factors which individually or in concert can compound any of the above, i.e. schizophrenia, OCD, bipolar disorder, unintentional side-effects of medications, drugs, and/or alcohol. Hormonal imbalance. The effects of certain brain tumors, and so on....

I think that a thorough physical and psychological evaluation might prove to be an interesting read. 

It befuddles me that in this country there is no mandate requiring any person running for congress, the office of president, or for judiciary appointment, to undergo even such a "basic" physical and mental evaluation as is required for anyone enlisting into the armed forces, or applying for a position in most reputable law enforcement agencies.

Granted, I am aware of the significant sociopolitical aspects that historically affect and transform psychiatric diagnosis's both abroad and within our various DSM editions/revisions,  but still.....????

In any event, the only "skill set" listed which could remotely be termed an "asset" for an American "politician" or "president" would be the ability to lie "skillfully," which he lacks due to obviousness. However his dedicated supporters either don't see this, or apparently don't care, which is also very disconcerting.

• Like 6

I'd have a hard time choosing a "grade" for Trump's statements, as I agree with Stephan that the president appears to be afflicted by a number of mental disorders, from pathological narcissism and sociopathy to perhaps the much-rumored dementia/other cognitive impairments brought about by age + diet + lack of sleep. I think he exaggerates some things to make a point or to fuel his base, but I also agree with the assessment that he's our first "low information president", one who operates within a cognitive bubble that serves to reinforce his previously established ideas.

I don't think he really, truly believes in anything other than his own satisfaction and aggrandizement, and he follows the path that most easily leads to those needs being met. I believe that if Congress took the ACA (Obamacare), re-worded it but left it pretty much the same, and then rebranded it "Trumpcare", he would support it 100%.

It was stated that when Trump decided to run for president as a Republican, he had a group of advisers that watched Fox News and listened to right-wing talk radio for several months, compiling a list of what the audiences for those shows wanted to hear. He then made those things his talking points, and it worked like a charm. All the while I don't think he really believes any of that rhetoric. He's only concerned with what directly affects him or his family, so the tax cuts for the wealthy, and building deregulation are close to home, but as for the average working stiff that he's supposedly an advocate for, not a chance. And he'll continue to pander to that far-right base at least until his re-election bid.

• Like 7

I think Trump is one of those pathological liars that is able to convince himself of his own untruths.  Something in his narcissistic brain rationalizes the lies so when he calls the 12 women who accused him of sexual molestation liars he seems to really believe it.  He empowers his own lies with some kind of self belief. This is the way it ought to be so I will make it so by repeating it.   O.J. Simpson was pretty good at that too.  Perhaps he thought his victims so deserved it it was only right for him to lie about it later.

So, I think Tump lies about 150% of the time.

• Like 1

Missed a golden opportunity, could have started this thread last Friday 13th.

Thanks for this nothing observation that is meant to deflect and bury the criticism of your boy.  It is so easy to see through you.

• Like 1

B.

I think the boy is rather uneducated....when added to his narcissism is a recipe for disaster. He is used to spewing whatever floats into his mind, without thinking of using proper words or phrasing to truly convey his message. 

Trump has never had to think of anyone but himself, so he has a very hard time understanding the power of words and how others may perceive them. This is why he'll spew some insult, then when others react negatively, back-pedal; "Oh, I didn't mean THAT!"

And if back-pedalling means lying to try covering up his thoughtless blunder, he's right on that tactic- just like any 5th grader (which is my opinion of his maturity level)

Just not a good person to have representing your country. In fact, probably the worst.

• Like 5

I think he changes from one of those answers to another on a daily basis.  Like some people who wear underwear  with the days of the week printed on them.  Maybe has a calendar handy to remind him each morning which letter to be that day.

Sepiatone

DonaldTrumpStraitjacket.jpg

"A. I don't lie. B. I don't lie much. C. I don't lie much more than anyone else. D. I don't lie much more than anyone to the best of my memory."

"And E. How do you like my new jacket? I call it Trump Wear, and it's going to be the newest sensation. Once these jackets catch on the days of getting slapped in the face by a Democrat or someone with wildly swinging arms are over!"

"Oh, yeh, F. This is a FAKE POLL! A big fat FAKE POLL and it's a disgrace and unpatriotic and un-American that anyone would create a poll like this about the greatest President of the United States (according to all other polls). Believe me."

Speaking for myself, Dargo, I'll go with B. Donny Boy lies 75% of the time, as he has undoubtedly done all his life as a businessman. But I also think he is delusion and starts to believe many of the lies after a while.

• Like 1

Thanks for this nothing observation that is meant to deflect and bury the criticism of your boy.  It is so easy to see through you.

So easy to see through the leftist desire to make the First Amendment one sided..  Was punning the number 13.

By the way I have no objections to anyone making 14, 15, 16...etc threads about Trump. It's YOUR right.

Okay. Lets see here, and correct me if I'm wrong here, guys. 

Stephan, I'm gonna put you down as an "A" answer, and along with Bogie.

Lawrence, I'm gonna tally your answer in the "E" column.

(...and btw all three of you guys...nice write-ups all down there containing excellent rationales for your thoughts on this subject, but GEEZ, couldn't you three have AT LEAST ultimately settled on ONE of those five options I gave ya and like Christine, fl293, Tiki and hell even The Nipster did,  and so I wouldn't have had to guess here?!!!) 

LOL

;)

(...and btw all three of you guys...nice write-ups all down there containing excellent rationales for your thoughts on this subject, but GEEZ, couldn't you three have AT LEAST settled on ONE of those five options I gave ya and like Christine, fl293, Tiki and hell even The Nipster did,  and so I wouldn't have had to guess here?!!!) 

1313398002_baby_falls_asleep.gif

That's video of me as I read your post. I'm much older than I look. 

Seriously, though, the point of my post was that couldn't just assign a single grade, as I think Trump's motives/rationale change from issue to issue. Sometimes he believes it, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he tells a BS story, and when someone calls him on it, he doubles down and swears even more that it's true, so that he even he starts to think that it is.

• Like 1

1313398002_baby_falls_asleep.gif

That's video of me as I read your post. I'm much older than I look. 

Seriously, though, the point of my post was that couldn't just assign a single grade, as I think Trump's motives/rationale change from issue to issue. Sometimes he believes it, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he tells a BS story, and when someone calls him on it, he doubles down and swears even more that it's true, so that he even he starts to think that it is.

Okay then, I'll jot you down with a "C" answer here Lawrence, and 'cause if I jot ya down in ALL the columns, that really wouldn't help me get any kind'a final tally, now would it.

(...see, this has always been the problem with you liberals...those wingnuts out there can always point to ya and say things like, "SEE how those people are?! They always vacillate on every issue!") LOL

;) 

• Like 1

So easy to see through the leftist desire to make the First Amendment one sided..  Was punning the number 13.

By the way I have no objections to anyone making 14, 15, 16...etc threads about Trump. It's YOUR right.

What does the First Amendment have to do with any of this????     Face facts;  you're a Trump apologist.  

• Like 2

(...and btw all three of you guys...nice write-ups all down there containing excellent rationales for your thoughts on this subject, but GEEZ, couldn't you three have AT LEAST ultimately settled on ONE of those five options I gave ya and like Christine, fl293, Tiki and hell even The Nipster did,  and so I wouldn't have had to guess here?!!!) 

LOL

;)

Since I have a very similar view with Larry on this topic,  you can put me down as a 'D'.

You can put me down as a AAA+

Princess created another Trump thread yesterday,  so 13 is fake news.  

Please ensure the title of this thread is accurate,  at all times.

Thanks        

Sounds like the title of a low-budget 1940s horror flick. Who knows

about Donny? He's as stable as a weather vane. I will say he's 100%

scam artist. 

On 10/21/2017 at 11:35 AM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Princess created another Trump thread yesterday,  so 13 is fake news. 
Please ensure the title of this thread is accurate,  at all times.

Thanks       

Technically speaking that would make Princess' the 14th Trump thread, wouldn't it. :rolleyes: