Sign in to follow this  
DickLindsay

anyone recognize? movie title?

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone:

The ID on this photo indicates it might be a film DUDE COWBOY, but I have a feeling that is not correct.  ANyone recognize the actress", the young boy? or possibly the film?

uir0009.JPG

I don't recognize the boy, but the woman looks very much like Dolores Costello Barrymore.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Midge said:

I don't recognize the boy, but the woman looks very much like Dolores Costello Barrymore.

That is correct. The boy is John Drew Barrymore. This was a promotional photo. There are several of them. Here is another one:

image.jpg.6a64f5bb58fc68ed03afd7b74c4e5dbc.jpg

• Thanks 2

I wonder if the boy is John Drew Barrymore? The girl might be Diana Barrymore, John Sr.'s daughter by his second wife, Blanche Oelrichs. Diana was born in 1921 and John Drew was born in 1932, so the ages are about right.

9 minutes ago, Midge said:

I wonder if the boy is John Drew Barrymore? The girl might be Diana Barrymore, John Sr.'s daughter by his second wife, Blanche Oelrichs. Diana was born in 1921 and John Drew was born in 1932, so the ages are about right.

So you know when that first photo was taken?    Otherwise how would anyone know 'the ages are about right'?

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So you know when that first photo was taken?    Otherwise how would anyone know 'the ages are about right'?

The series of photos was taken in 1942, as marked on the bottom of the photo I posted. The photos can be found doing a google images search.

16 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

The series of photos was taken in 1942, as marked on the bottom of the photo I posted. The photos can be found doing a google images search.

Thanks.   I just enlarged the photo and now can see 'copyright 1942'.   Before this my guess was the boy was around 9 to 11 years old and if the son,  he would be around 10.    (of course I never questioned if it was the son,  since I doubted she look photos with some neighbor's kid!).

may I ask (I am not familiar with this film, Marie Antoinette), is this TYRONE POWER?  For some reason, I thought it was but it sure doesn't look like him...

uir.JPG