Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

why the media is trying so hard to scuttle roy moore

355 posts in this topic

whatta bout the sign language interpreter for the hillary campaign being one of the accusers??? that's an incredible coincidence...too incredible.:D

Deason has been the most outspoken of the four women, also releasing a statement via Cobin on Friday.

Here is the full statement from Deason via her attorney:

"Once, again, Roy Moore is publicly making defamatory statements about the 4 brave women named in The Washington Post by calling them liars and accusing them of bribery and conspiracy. He knows full well why these women did not tell what he did to them before this week. As young teenage girls in the late 1970's in a small, rural southern town, they had no way of knowing their rights, especially against him considering that he was a district attorney at the time. As he gained more power within the Alabama judiciary, they likely feared that he would publicly persecute them....precisely as he has done this week......

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/11/roy_moore_is_publicly_persecut.html 

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

Yes, it's blame the victim.  Moore met one of these young girls when he gave a presentation at her high school civics class and he was in his thirties.  The 14 year old he felt up (and who he tried to get to feel him up) he met at the courthouse.  What a guy!

Sounds too much like the Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer but here it is the DA that is the predator.    (instead of being a pain for the innocent artist played by Cary Grant).  

That Hannity interview was revealing;   I always ask the mother for permission?    How about dating the mother before her 14 year old daughter????   :blink:

6 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

The timing on these allegations cannot be ignored, and Moore has strongly denied everything from the start.

q0FO_F2g?format=jpg&name=800x419https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/929424312481865728

Good old Jake, predictably pumping out posting after posting here questioning the girls' stories and being knee jerk supportive to a conservative politician.

To someone like Jake (or Nip or Move Madness) political partisanship is EVERYTHING. And having a Republican (no matter what he may have done of a possibly sexually deviant nature) become a state senator over a Democrat is all that counts.

Facts are merely something that can get in the way of that objective and to be dismissed/distorted as quickly as possible.

Morality means nothing to these people.

• Thanks 2

NOT related to this specific case,  generally I will NOT even review any 'breaking news' about someone running for office that isn't released at least 4 - 6 months before an election.     If I was an editor of a newspaper I would tell the reporters that if they can't get their story ready within that time frame I'm not going to print the story until after the election.    

In this political age,  it is very possible BOTH sides would use lies and other dirty-tricks to accomplish a goal.    Note that 1 in 5 college students say the use of violence is justifiable (even required),  to stop speech they view as hateful.   How is that relevant?   Well if people believe violence is justifiable,  then lying and brides would also be,  especially against someone that has viciously attacked certain sub-groups.   

Also those that believe the 'other side' used dirty-tricks (e.g. collusion with the Russians),  to gain a political advantage,  may use this to justify their own dirty-tricks.    From their perspective this isn't 'wrong' if it leads to a level playing field. 

So it is only logical and reasonable to be cynical about the timing of release of these type of accusations.   I point this out because IF Moore is defeated,   one can be sure some GOP operatives will break out similarly timed  accusations against male Dem politicians in the future (and from what we have seen from males in the entertainment industry,  it doesn't take much smoke to get a small fire).

AGAIN,  this is NOT a defense of Moore but just my view of politics in the USA!!!!  

In the case of Moore;  his own words in that Hannity interview was enough for me to know this guy is a major creep and unfit for office.   

23 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

In the case of Moore;  his own words in that Hannity interview was enough for me to know this guy is a major creep and unfit for office.   

That was clear to most rational people in the country for many years (look at Moore's record), except, apparently, to the "fine" folks of Alabama.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

That was clear to most rational people in the country for many years (look at Moore's record), except, apparently, to the "fine" folks of Alabama.

Yea,  Alabama is full of bible loving nut cases.  What I'm also loving about this Moore case is how it exposes religion as the tool used by men to have sex with young girls.    Yea,  Mary was young, so young is good.    

Note that many Islamic countries still allow a man to marry a girl at 12 as long as her parents grant consent (and Moore said he always got permission from the mom),   rapist are not charged as long as they marry their underage victim (and again, the girl has NO say, only her parents),   honor killings etc...   (thankfully some of these laws are changing).

While I understood there were Moron sects where fathers 'trade' their young daughters to each other,  I didn't know about the supposed age of Mary,  and how much older Joseph was.    So that angle as a defense; that IF Moore did do something, it isn't really that bad, because,  hey God did it,   is the funnies angle I have heard in years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakeHolman said:

The timing on these allegations cannot be ignored, and Moore has strongly denied everything from the start.

q0FO_F2g?format=jpg&name=800x419https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/929424312481865728

Roy Moore's denials are about the weakest denials I've ever heard - except for maybe Carter Page :huh:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Just like Access Hollywood, voters care more about what *affects* them than what *offends* them.QztjYhwA?format=jpg&name=600x314https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/929395196487438336

Well maybe they should rethink that.  Because those who voted for Trump because of what affects them, must know or will soon know that what Trump has done or is trying to do will affect them in a negative manner.  Healthcare, and tax "cuts" will hurt the middle class more than they thought.

Likely a win-win for Democrats. In the unlikely event that Jones wins

they pick up a Senate seat. In the likely event that Roy 'Jesus' Moore

wins, they're stuck with a creepy perv who likes to run his mouth.

Moore also had bad timing. He should have waited until he was bit

older to date much younger women. Gingrich is 23 years older than

his (current) wife. Live and learn, Roy, live and learn.

2 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Likely a win-win for Democrats. In the unlikely event that Jones wins

they pick up a Senate seat. In the likely event that Roy 'Jesus' Moore

wins, they're stuck with a creepy perv who likes to run his mouth.

Moore also had bad timing. He should have waited until he was bit

older to date much younger women. Gingrich is 23 years older than

his (current) wife. Live and learn, Roy, live and learn.

And take a look at Trump and his much younger trophy wife.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Well maybe they should rethink that.  Because those who voted for Trump because of what affects them, must know or will soon know that what Trump has done or is trying to do will affect them in a negative manner.  Healthcare, and tax "cuts" will hurt the middle class more than they thought.

Except most of them won't vote in their own self interest.  They'll vote with the Republican far right-wingers because they share the same "values" - anti-women, anti-gay, anti-minorities, anti-immigrants, anti-environment - against anything they deem as progressive.  They want their 1950's back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

And take a look at Trump and his much younger trophy wife.

Almost forgot about Donny. See Roy, it's all in the timing.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Almost forgot about Donny. See Roy, it's all in the timing.

One day Melania's shelf life will expire, too.

Edited by ChristineHoard
I put the wrong Trump woman in my sentence. Oops.
  • Haha 1