Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

why the media is trying so hard to scuttle roy moore

353 posts in this topic

McConnell Calls for Roy Moore to Drop Out of Senate Race

WASHINGTON — Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, said Monday that Roy S. Moore, the Republican Senate candidate in Alabama, “should step aside” and that he believes the women who have accused Mr. Moore of sexual misconduct when they were teenagers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/us/politics/roy-moore-alabama-senate.html

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JakeHolman said:
 Jim Hoft Retweeted

Hey Dems! JFK had an extra marital affair with 19-year old Mimi Alford when he was 45 years old.

17Xtmubl?format=jpg&name=600x314

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/929915636431679489

giphy.gif

Jake, since you've been so soundly thrashed (again!) with this one, you might take back the Bingo :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

Except most of them won't vote in their own self interest.  They'll vote with the Republican far right-wingers because they share the same "values" - anti-women, anti-gay, anti-minorities, anti-immigrants, anti-environment - against anything they deem as progressive.  They want their 1950's back.

 

 

They would cackle much more gleefully if they could get their 1920s back.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

In Kansas the only way we know a possum is dead is if it's lying in the middle of the road bleeding.

The possums here think that they're domesticated animals. Only thing I can say for sure about them is that they are truly the ugliest animal I've ever seen in my backyard.

Guess you've never had Donald Trump foraging in your back yard....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChristineHoard said:

A rather lame attempt at diversion.  We're talking about Roy Moore here.  Plus, as others have pointed out, 14 is not the same as 19.

BINGO!    :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NBC Nightly News with Lester HoltVerified account @NBCNightlyNews 44m44 minutes ago

 
 

BREAKING: Second woman comes forward and accuses Roy Moore of forcing himself on her when she was a minor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle GriffinVerified account @kylegriffin1 37m37 minutes ago

 
 

Moore accuser Beverly Young-Nelson: "My husband and I supported Donald Trump for president. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Republicans or the Democrats. It has everything to do with Mr. Moore's sexual assault when I was a teenager." (via CBS)

 
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, laffite said:

Jake, since you've been so soundly thrashed (again!) with this one, you might take back the Bingo :lol:

Jake will never take back a Bingo. Not manly.

john-wayne-the-man-who-shot-liberty-vala

"That's right, Pilgrim. Ask me to take back that Bingo call again and I'll shoot off more than your hat next time. And who stole my horse? I could swear I had one between my legs just two minutes ago!"

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

One day Melania's shelf life will expire, too.

At 71 I think Donny is probably resigned to the

fact that this will be his last rodeo/marriage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

In Kansas the only way we know a possum is dead is if it's lying in the middle of the road bleeding.

The possums here think that they're domesticated animals. Only thing I can say for sure about them is that they are truly the ugliest animal I've ever seen in my backyard.

Wasn't that the title of a song by Loudon Wainwright III? I haven't seem any

possums around here, just squirrels, deer, and the occasional rabbit. I have

seen them in other places I've lived, usually after dark skulking around the corner

of a building. And yes, they are one ugly animal. Oops. Dead skunk, not dead

possum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it does look like Senate leaders will remove Moore from the Senate after he wins.   This allows the GOP Governor of Alabama to select a replacement who of course will be a member of the GOP.

While this is still self-serving as it relates to the party,   it is the best these Senators can do  because they can't force Moore to resign NOW,  based on my understanding of the law.

 

Edited by jamesjazzguitar
can't instead of can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well it does look like Senate leaders will remove Moore from the Senate after he wins.   This allows the GOP Governor of Alabama to select a replacement who of course will be a member of the GOP.

While this is still self-serving as it relates to the party,   it is the best these Senators can do  because they can force Moore to resign NOW,  based on my understanding of the law.

Even before he's elected? That seems odd...but also like the kind of rule politicians would pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

NBC Nightly News with Lester HoltVerified account @NBCNightlyNews 44m44 minutes ago

 
 

BREAKING: Second woman comes forward and accuses Roy Moore of forcing himself on her when she was a minor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle GriffinVerified account @kylegriffin1 37m37 minutes ago

 
 

Moore accuser Beverly Young-Nelson: "My husband and I supported Donald Trump for president. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Republicans or the Democrats. It has everything to do with Mr. Moore's sexual assault when I was a teenager." (via CBS)

 
 

The pain that this woman still feels and vividly recalls over her encounter with Roy Moore in so real for all to see.

This is NOT a woman putting on an act. This is NOT Washington Post "conspiracy."

This woman's agony and enbarrassment and tears are real.

ROY MOORE IS A SEXUAL DEVIANT, AS WELL AS A LYING SCUM BUCKET!

Time for the right wing posters here, if they have any decency at all, to lay off the posting smears on the women.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw some blurb on the internet saying Moore's son Caleb has been arrested nine times in connection with possession of narcotics, and in March of 2013 he pleaded guilty to one of these charges and whereupon spent time in an alternative rehabilitation program, but then still later tested positive for drug use yet again.

Funny ain't it how people such as Roy Moore who so strongly professes his own deeply-held "Christian values" at every turn and SO often are inclined to attempt to assert them into the lives of others via the secular governing bodies in this country, and SO often by their TOTAL misuse of the term "Religious Freedom", are ALSO so often totally ENABLE to instill their own so-called "Christian values" into their own damn offspring?!

Well, I THINK this sort of thing is always kind'a "funny" anyway. In a "peculiar" sort of way, of course.

(...saaaay, maybe if Roy would've spent just a little moore, ahem, MORE time praying with his son and a little LESS time preying on under-aged girls and ALSO a little LESS time attempting to interject his own religious thoughts into the secular world via his political connections, perhaps Caleb's fortunes would have turned out a little moore, ahem, MORE positive?!...aaah, but of course I'm SURE Roy would just LOVE to pin the blame for his son's problems, and like so many OTHER so-called "Christians" do with problem kids, on those nasty little outside sources and influences...YOU know, like on "Hollywood" and those "Godless liberals"...YEP, betcha!)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Even before he's elected? That seems odd...but also like the kind of rule politicians would pass.

I stated 'after he wins'  (which to me is the same as after he is elected).    Did you mean something different? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well it does look like Senate leaders will remove Moore from the Senate after he wins.   This allows the GOP Governor of Alabama to select a replacement who of course will be a member of the GOP.

While this is still self-serving as it relates to the party,   it is the best these Senators can do  because they can force Moore to resign NOW,  based on my understanding of the law.

 

7 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I stated 'after he wins'  (which to me is the same as after he is elected).    Did you mean something different? 

It was the highlighted portion of your original post, re-quoted above, that confused me. How could the Senate force him to resign "NOW" when he hasn't been elected? But I guess you meant not now, but after he's elected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just been listening to a Moore apologist on CNN who states that molesting a 14 year old in 1979 was only a misdemeanour in the state of Alabama.  So that makes it just fine Roy!  And Praise the Lord, it's not like she was your little sister.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vautrin said:

At 71 I think Donny is probably resigned to the

fact that this will be his last rodeo/marriage.

I don't know about that. Have you seen any photos of Rupert Murdoch lately? He's 85 years- old and he looks like a Shar-Pei.

Well, 2 years ago he married Mick Jagger's Ex, Jerry Hall who is simply a gorgeous 61 year- old.

Meanwhile 74 year-old Mick " I Can't Get No Satisfaction " Jagger has  been seen about town squiring around a young 22 year -old woman.

You've seen how trump and these two guys look. Do you think they could get the kind of " girly action " they're getting if they weren't *billionaires.

* Mick Jagger has sung, danced and composed his way up to only about $300 million.

"What's the matter with you boy?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dargo said:

I just saw some blurb on the internet saying Moore's son Caleb has been arrested nine times in connection with possession of narcotics, and in March of 2013 he pleaded guilty to one of these charges and whereupon spent time in an alternative rehabilitation program, but then still later tested positive for drug use yet again.

 

Dargo, I can see your point.

Still, if Moore's son has a narcotics problem he hurts himself with his own demons.

And that's the difference. The son is a victim while the father is a victimizer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Dargo, I can see your point.

Still, if Moore's son has a narcotics problem he hurts himself with his own demons.

And that's the difference. The son is a victim while the father is a victimizer.

Yes, that is true to some extent, Tom.

But, I'm glad to see you DID evidently see the point I was attempting to make with my post.

That being that I'm pretty much fed up with these freakin' hypocritical and self-proclaimed "Christian" politicos constantly attempting to breach the concept of the separation of Church and State and who cater to their base by doing so, and such as this freakin' Moore character has done since he entered politics.

(...in other words, my point was something along the lines of that old adage: "Physician, or in THIS case, self-proclaimed 'Christian', HEAL THYSELF" and before you have the AUDACITY to speak of "morals" and those YOU perceive to lack them, and YOUR freakin' "beliefs" about why America "isn't great anymore"!!!) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title of this thread should be " Why the Republican Party Is Trying So Hard To Get Scuttle  Roy Moore  " 

Mitch McConnell is threatening that even if he's elected they won't allow you to be seated!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us