Sign in to follow this  
darkblue

Pia or Bo? Which Was Sexier?

20 posts in this topic

Is there a third choice?

I don't think either of them were bad looking, but neither did much for me, either. Especially Bo in the cornrows.

281562__02784.1342528228.380.500.jpg?c=2

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Is there a third choice?

No, of course not.

Start a different thread if you want a different question.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Is there a third choice?

I don't think either of them were bad looking, but neither did much for me, either. Especially Bo in the cornrows.

They were both sexy to look at, but both were mismanaged into bad movies by their husbands, so it was hard to tell whether they were talented or not--
Bo wasn't really allowed to act in any of John Derek's films, and in "Tarzan: the Ape Man" (that's what prompted the question, right?), she spends so much time with her fingers sexily in her mouth, we feel like a parent telling a two-year-old "WILL you take those things out??"

Pia tried to sell her own career, but didn't have much luck either, and her buying up the Pickfair mansion before her star fell just feels like she sprayed it with graffiti.

Still, Bodie can look hot at 60, and stays close to the water with ocean issues:

All I'm saying is that if I could've ****** just one of them back in 1982, I would have chosen Pia.

Any guys out there who would've gone with Bo instead of Pia?

I'm with you here, Lawrence.

NEITHER of these two were ever "the sexiest" actresses of the 1980s, as Bo always seemed much too much the airhead AND Pia's little round-faced fat-cheeked look looked much too much like a "sweet but sexless little girl".

Nope, THE "sexiest" actress of the 1980s was Rebecca De Mornay, HANDS DOWN!!!

(...and frankly, I don't give a crap if I "should've started my own thread about this"...REBECCA was HOT!!!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

NEITHER of these two were ever "the sexiest" actresses of the 1980s, as Bo always seemed much too much the airhead AND Pia's little round-faced fat-cheeked look looked much too much like a "sweet but sexless little girl".

(...and frankly, I don't give a crap if I "should've started my own thread about this"...REBECCA was HOT!!!)

I think that I preferred Kelly LeBrock at the time - such is the weird science of attraction, huh?

;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

fbcccef33cb22aa42df9d3c84cf48acb--risky-

1 minute ago, limey said:

I think that I preferred Kelly LeBrock at the time - such is the weird science of attraction, huh?

;)

0c9c6ebcd8936ef3a7ed5f0c10f540c3--s-movi

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, limey said:

;)

And, for some reason I could never quite explain, Kelly LeBrock always kind'a reminded me of another extremely beautiful and sexy brunette of that same era, limey ol' boy. And coincidentally, she hailed from that land of the superfluous-u over there across the pond.

I'm speaking of the gorgeous Leslie-Anne Down.

(...she'd especially make an impression upon me in the 1979 period piece/heist film set in mid-19th century Blighty, The First Great Train Robbery...ooh, was SHE ever hot TOO!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

And, for some reason I could never quite explain, Kelly LeBrock always kind'a reminded me of another extremely beautiful and sexy brunette of that same era, limey ol' boy. And coincidentally, she hailed from that land of the superfluous-u over there across the pond.

I'm speaking of the gorgeous Leslie-Anne Down.

(...she'd especially make an impression upon me in the 1979 period piece/heist film set in mid-19th century Blighty, The First Great Train Robbery)

Oh, yes! I find myself in utter agreement with you, old chap!

And to keep this thread of interest to the other 52% - here's the hunky Mr Sutherland from the very same film...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

Okay, so far the score is:

Pia - 1

Bo - 1

Although, the one score for Bo is rather qualified as the question asked is not who is/was more beautiful in the face - it's which was sexier?

Still, unless sewhite2000 states otherwise, I'll assume he has voted for Bo.

They are the only two people being asked about in the thread title, so they are the only two who will receive a score from the officiator. This was deliberate - each gained fame as an "actress" for one reason and one reason only. Sex appeal.

Each was disrespected as an actress by the public at large, yet were the top-billed "stars" of several movies. They are in the same category (as well as being from roughly the same era) and were therefore chosen for comparableness. The thread was inspired, naturally, by TCM's showing of 'Tarzan, the Ape Man' (1981) this past weekend.

Like Todd Crisley would say, "I'm not giving you my TWO CENTS, I'll give you the WHOLE DAMNED DOLLAR!"  :P

As for sexy actresses in the '80's, I'll take LOLITA DAVIDOVICH.

But as far as the original two choices in this thread, I'll have to side with PIA.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

as far as the original two choices in this thread, I'll have to side with PIA.

Thanks, Seeps.

Pia - 2

Bo - 1

You're welcome DB.  Gotta say though, they really pushed Bo in our faces more, as if to suggest she needed  it more.  For me, all her movie 10 did for me was to remind me of how utterly boring RAVEL'S "Bolero" is.  And notice too.....

How they kicked up the "sexy" hype with Bo by having her eat that banana in the manner she did in TARZAN, THE APE MAN.  Neither all that subtle OR subliminal.  It was so bald-faced obvious I thought for SURE they were targeting the 13-year old market! :D

Sepiatone

I saw Bo Derek in 10 and possibly Tarzan, but it's been so long ago. I haven't seen Pia Zadora in anything until the other day when I actually watched Butterfly on Youtube, unfortunately it was in German with no subs but you get an eye full of Pia. :blink:

54 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

I saw Bo Derek in 10 and possibly Tarzan, but it's been so long ago. I haven't seen Pia Zadora in anything until the other day when I actually watched Butterfly on Youtube, unfortunately it was in German with no subs but you get an eye full of Pia. :blink:

Uh,  Joe,   those weren't a pair of eyes you were seeing in Butterfly.    :lol:

1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

It's better in English - and man, she was sexy.

Also very sexy in 'The Lonely Lady'.