Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Women respond to misogyny and sexual predators with power

793 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Nancy Pelosi on President Trump: “I think our future…is…built on a strong foundation to withstand everything including the current occupant of the White House. I don't think for two terms though.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/speaker-of-the-house-nancy-pelosi-the-2019-60-minutes-interview-2019-04-14/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7d&linkId=66105636

5n09XsKJ?format=jpg&name=600x314

An experienced woman in charge

2 hours ago, TalkTalk123 said:

I recommend you post this on the 'is ACO good or bad for the Dems' thread. 

I admit I like Pelosi's sense of humor when she dismisses these social-dems.  She appears to view them as gnats.

How sexism is already shaping the presidential race

".....Manne's conception of misogyny isn't as simple as the way we usually think about it, as just a hatred of women.

Instead, she sees misogyny as a system that enforces patriarchal values, punishing women who step outside the norms of that system and the roles they've been assigned. And few things pose as much of a challenge to the patriarchy as a woman seeking the most powerful position in the country.

But some of the challenges female candidates face are the same as women face in other contexts, like the workplace. Manne points to experimental research showing that when a woman is perceived to be competent, people will decide she's unlikable, but if she's likable, they'll decide she isn't as competent....

even with an unprecedented number of women running for president this year. "I think the idea that the American system will support a female president coming from the left any time soon is really optimistic, and maybe naive," she said.

On the other hand, Clinton did win 3 million more votes than Trump, and were it not for a highly unlikely confluence of events she'd now be the president. But the more success any woman running has, the more she'll be the target of a backlash. It might be possible to overcome, but it won't be easy.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-sexism-presidential-candidates-women-waldman-0327-20190326-story.html

Mikel JollettVerified account @Mikel_Jollett 8h8 hours ago

On the day Elizabeth Warren announced her plan to protect national parks

AND Kamala Harris outlined her plan for broad increase in teacher pay,

the New York Times published a gossip piece about Neera Tanden’s 80 year-old mother

Never tell me there isn’t sexism in American media.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mikel JollettVerified account @Mikel_Jollett 8h8 hours ago

For context, Warren’s plan is the most ambitious conservation measure since Teddy Roosevelt established the national parks.

Harris’s proposal would redefine what it means to be a teacher in America.

And the New York Times ran with...THIS-

D4SQl69U8AAwrd8.jpg
D4SQl6-UYAAhKDF.jpg
D4SQl68U4AAlkSn.jpg

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

It's time more influential women attacked racism head-on. 

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Longtime conservative Peggy Noonan stomps all over Trump — and calls for a Democrat to replace him in 2020

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/longtime-conservative-peggy-noonan-stomps-trump-calls-democrat-replace-2020/

_qxNnRDo?format=jpg&name=600x314

Conservative writer Peggy Noonan was Ronald Reagan Reagan's speech writer and is currently a columnist

for Rupert Murdoch's Wall Street Journal.

2 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Kamala Harris Retweeted San Francisco Chronicle

This is an attack on California. We should be protecting our public lands, not delivering them to the oil and gas industry.

That's why I introduced three bills to expand protections on more than 1 million acres of California’s public lands. Congress should pass them immediately.

Checkmate on trump

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Checkmate on trump

Harris's bills are a joke.    To checkmate someone, one has to make a move.    These bills will not get out of committee.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2019 at 2:58 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Powerful and influential women are ensconced in the public sphere now and they're not going away anytime soon.

Where are Sarah Sanders and Kelly Ann Conway?

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

The manifesto allegedly written by California synagogue shooter John Earnest blames Jews for "their role in feminism," which he refers to as a "sin."

Misogyny is a dangerous and underestimated aspect of violent extremism. It's the equivalent of a "gateway drug."

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

‘I hope he has learned his lesson’: Chuck and Nancy’s rematch with Trump

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer want Donald Trump to use their White House meeting this week to discuss the thorniest aspect of a major infrastructure package: how to pay for it

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/29/pelosi-schumer-trump-infrastructure-1292421

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

.@KamalaHarris elicited what seemed to me to be a pretty astonishing admission from Barr that neither he nor Rosenstein or their staffs examined the underlying evidence gathered by the special counsel before deciding the president would not be charged for obstruction.

The Harris questioning was the only time Barr seemed genuinely flummoxed and on the defensive.

Soledad O'Brien Retweeted Kyle Griffin

My favorite part is Senator Booker trying not to smile while Senator Harris proceeds to eat AG Barr alive

Senator Harris Perry Masoned Barr.

2020 candidate Kamala Harris responds to President Trump calling her “nasty”: “His primary interest has been to obstruct justice. My primary interest is to pursue justice. You can call that whatever name you want, but I think that's what the American people want in a leader.”

Image result for kamala harris on trump

American people want a president who puts the American people, the US Constitution and the United States first--

*Not a President Who favors our adversaries oh, because they support his personal financial family business interests

*Not a president who goes against our loyal and traditional allies because he wants to support our adversaries for the advantages they give his personal family business

*And Not a president who thinks he is above the law because he wants to subvert our US Constitution for political and business advantages.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez blasts Labor Secretary over women’s contraceptives: “The mediocrity is astounding” https://trib.al/FyuufFm 

D5szkvHX4AAzieA.jpg

The Republican party has proven time and time again that they are not only racist, but they're also misogynist.

And that makes the Republican Party the enemy of a majority of Americans.

Republicans are truly a minority party.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Nancy may not go away either

What A.O.C. is worried about is that Nancy will not give up her leadership seat by 2022 like she promised.

34 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren is currently reading the #MuellerReport on the floor of the Senate.

She has been reading the report for just over 20 minutes now - It is being entered into Congressional record.

Warren: "This is not about politics. This is about the Constitution. We took an oath not to try to protect Donald Trump, we took an oath to protect the Constitution. And the way we do that is we begin impeachment proceedings now against this president."

Image result for elizabeth warren senate floor

Mrs. Warren Goes to Washington

Alabama Senate Republicans Try Speeding Through Anti-Abortion Vote, Sparking Mayhem Among Members

Alabama Senate Republicans, a caucus composed entirely of men, tried to pass a vote that would punish almost all abortions with 99-year prison terms without allowing a traditional roll call as requested by Democrats.  

"No, no, no, no, no," Senate Minority Leader Bobby Singleton could be heard yelling on the floor of the Assembly as chaos erupted. Ainsworth was heard continuing to read off abortion statistics as chaotic banter broke out across the Assembly Thursday. 

The punitive and strict anti-abortion bill already passed the Alabama House 74-3 in a vote last week. A Senate Democrat who spoke on the floor Thursday conceded the bill is likely to pass regardless, but demanded fairness in how the process is allowed to play out.

Under this new legislation, doctors would be charged with a felony for performing or attempting to perform an abortion. ......

https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-senate-abortion-republicans-chaos-1421459?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_source=Twitter