Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Women respond to misogyny and sexual predators with power

738 posts in this topic

CBS NewsVerified account @CBSNews

BREAKING: Abortions after six weeks will now be illegal in Georgia as Gov. Kemp signs the "heartbeat bill" https://cbsn.ws/2JmzeAg 

=========================================================

Alexandria Ocasio-CortezVerified account @AOC May 7

“6 weeks pregnant” = 2 weeks late on your period.

Most of the men writing these bills don’t know the first thing about a woman’s body outside of the things they want from it.

It’s relatively common for a woman to have a late period + not be pregnant. So this is a backdoor ban.

14 minutes ago, jakeem said:

It was a startling spectacle in the heart of Trump country: At least a dozen supporters of the president — some wearing MAGA stickers — nodding their heads, at times even clapping, for liberal firebrand Elizabeth Warren

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/11/warren-west-virginia-2020-1317611

jEsc-ZPt?format=jpg&name=600x314

We all know there are plenty of trump supporters who are on food stamps and Medicaid.

There are plenty of trump supporters who are in federally subsidized housing.

There are plenty of trump supporters who are unemployed and in need of unemployment insurance and/or training.

Hunger and want and need are strong electorial motivations.

5 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Trump backers applaud Warren in heart of MAGA country

The liberal firebrand draws nods and even a few cheers on a trip through rural West Virginia.

“She’s a good ol’ country girl like anyone else,” she said of Warren, who grew up in Oklahoma. “She’s earned where she is, it wasn’t given to her. I respect that.”

But Warren didn’t come to rural West Virginia primarily in search of votes. The tiny state likely won’t decide the nomination, and is all but certain to back Trump in the general election.

Instead, Warren was here to try to send a message that she’s serious about tackling the problems of remote communities like this one.

The “opioid war” is a medical problem rather than a behavioral or law enforcement one, Warren argued. Her plan is modeled on the government’s response in 1990 to the HIV/AIDS crisis, as she explained in a Medium post earlier this week.

“But we got a second problem in this country and it’s greed,” she said. “People didn’t get addicted all on their own, they got a lot of corporate help. They got a lot of help from corporations that made big money off getting people addicted and keeping them addicted.”........

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/11/warren-west-virginia-2020-1317611

25 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Nancy Pelosi suggested that the House could pursue contempt charges against multiple people in Trump’s orbit — not just the attorney general — as Democrats look to overcome the president’s blanket effort to hobble their investigations

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/09/pelosi-trump-officials-contempt-votes-1313614

XpexrxYu?format=jpg&name=600x314

58 minutes ago, jakeem said:

A.G. Barr shook hands with Nancy Pelosi at the Peace Officers Memorial Day service event and asked, "Did you bring your handcuffs?"

She smiled and indicated that the Sergeant at Arms was present should arrest be necessary. NBC has confirmed this report.

wn6R3uA6?format=jpg&name=600x314

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Lawmakers warned Trump to avoid another war in the Middle East and demanded more information about warnings that Iran might be planning attacks on U.S. personnel and facilities in the region

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/15/us-iran-war-congress-leaders-1325374

EUQtdG4i?format=jpg&name=600x314

11 minutes ago, jakeem said:

State officials in Colorado and Maryland banned government employees they oversee from traveling to Alabama for work and called for a wider boycott over the state's draconian abortion law.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alabama-travel-ban-maryland-colorado_n_5cddcca7e4b09e057800b38b?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000016&section=politics

sy3Gx6t4?format=jpg&name=600x314

3 minutes ago, jakeem said:

I will be attacked by fellow conservatives for saying this but so be it, this Alabama abortion ban is too restrictive. It doesn’t save life, it simply forces women into more dangerous methods, other states or countries. You don’t encourage life via blanket government mandate!

This woman is such a hateful person, lacking empathy or compassion for others.

So her comment here simply leads me to believe that she has some kind of personal knowledge of this procedure and why it might be necessary for some women.

People who lack empathy don't become interested and become compassionate until it affects them personally or somebody that they love or care about personally. It's sad to have to say that, but it is so true.

11 hours ago, jakeem said:

To the GOP extremists trying to invoke “the unborn” to jail people for abortion:

Where are you on climate change? OH right, you want to burn fossil fuels til there’s hell on Earth.

If they were truthful about their motives, they’d be consistent in their principles. They’re not.

The GOP doesn’t care about babies at all - especially brown, black, or poor ones. If they did, they’d:

- cosponsor the Green New Deal or at LEAST have a real climate plan

- guarantee healthcare so ALL can get prenatal care

- not stand for the death+caging of babies on our border

What angers me about the GOP’s attempts to turn the United States into a far-right Christian theocracy is how dishonest they are about it.

At least be forthright about your desire to subvert and dismantle our democracy into a creepy theological order led by a mad king.

• Haha 1

but the right to abortion is man-devised and not God-given...

"for all men are endowed by their creator with the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

-Thomas Jefferson

you cannot have life without birth so Jefferson's acknowledgment renders roe v. wade not allowable.

before 1973 there was no right to commit infanticide surgically...

we have had 46 years of roe v. wade...

so I will ask this...

how long did institutionalized slavery endure in America before lee surrendered to Grant at appamatox?

duration of time does not justify something that was wrong to begin with.

7 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

"for all men are endowed by their creator with the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

-Thomas Jefferson

you cannot have life without birth so Jefferson's acknowledgment renders roe v. wade not allowable.

so I will ask this...

how long did institutionalized slavery endure in America before lee surrendered to Grant at appamatox?

Show me your uterus! Since you don't have one, you have no right to tell me what to do with mine.

And I have no interest in controlling any part of your body.

So, I can tell you right now you're not going to have any control over my body!

12 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

-Thomas Jefferson

so I will ask this...

But how does a jeebeezus sucking evangelical like you explain emmenagogues. the abortive herbs that i guess you would would say God put on this earth?  Parsley, mugwort, pennyroyal, Queen Anne's lace seeds, and black cohosh all have abortive properties. Women managed their own reproductive health using plants like these.

4 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Show me your uterus! Since you don't have one, you have no right to tell me what to do with mine.

It reminds me of how most of those who say that people should just "get over" racial depictions in (old or new) media are white ("As a white man, I'm not offended by black stereotypes in old movies"). Or straight people telling gay people how they should feel, or men telling women that there is no real sexism. 

Anyone can have an opinion on the subjects, but the source must always be considered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

But how does a jeebeezus sucking evangelical like you explain emmenagogues. the abortive herbs that i guess you would would say God put on this earth?  Parsley, mugwort, pennyroyal, Queen Anne's lace seeds, and black cohosh all have abortive properties. Women managed their own reproductive health using plants like these.

Burn the Witch!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Maybe women, when they get the power, can pass a castration law. Any guys accused of being too forward, etc., etc., by a jury of women can face castration.

• Haha 1

Just now, cigarjoe said:

Maybe women, when they get the power, can pass a castration law. Any guys accused of being too forward, etc., etc., by a jury of women can face castration.

Or they can pass Onan's Law, wherein self-pleasure is punishable by death. And they'll have to wear monitors to track whether or not they break the law. Seems only fair.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Or they can pass Onan's Law, wherein self-pleasure is punishable by death. And they'll have to wear monitors to track whether or not they break the law. Seems only fair.

Exactly we'll call it the petermeter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

the modern feminist speaks of the individual's prerogative of controlling her procreative functions but at the same time refusing to open the door to abstinence from sexual activity which would render an unwanted undesired pregnancy a complete impossibility.

:P

since the modern abortion-loving feminist is not willing to assign any moral importance to the unborn human child just on what basis do they regard recreational sexual activity as a necessary action on the part of young men and women?

what legal abortion has always been saying is that the enjoyment of sexual intercourse is so important that it can be a justification for destruction of the human unborn.

that is some kinda high price to put on doing it.

if the pro-choicers are so sure of the truth of their position...

let them allow silent scream to be shown in our public school classrooms.

do not wait on that one.

:)

59 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

the modern feminist speaks of the individual's prerogative of controlling her procreative functions but at the same time refusing to open the door to abstinence from sexual activity which would render an unwanted undesired pregnancy a complete impossibility.

How many of these unwanted children are you willing to take into your home?

How many of these unwanted children who are up for adoption or  in foster care have you taken into your home?

How many of these children, whose mothers could not afford to support them, would you be willing to give money to?

How many of these unwanted children would you be willing to try to raise money for or to try to find homes for?

You're trying to control somebody else's life and you're not willing to help them.

And  FYI-- Somebody' s sex life is none of your business either.

You don't have any rights over another person's life.

All of you anti-abortion people talk big but you're not willing to do anything for the child and the child's mother after the birth.

It's all rhetoric just to harass women-- because they now have civil rights  and they can make it on their own and have better paying jobs and Lifestyles than a lot of men --

and to make some men feel really Macho, who otherwise ..well, you get my drift. LOL

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

but at the same time refusing to open the door to abstinence from sexual activity

Maybe you should post a picture of yourself to promote that abstinence......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

since the modern abortion-loving feminist is not willing to assign any moral importance to the unborn human child just on what basis do they regard recreational sexual activity as a necessary action on the part of young men and women?

what legal abortion has always been saying is that the enjoyment of sexual intercourse is so important that it can be a justification for destruction of the human unborn.

that is some kinda high price to put on doing it.

The freedom to determine your own sexual activity and sex life is part of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Planned Parenthood's  primary purpose is and has always been Women's Health Care, contraception and family planning.

When anti-abortionists misogynists defund Planned Parenthood:

What they're doing is causing more women to have unwanted pregnancies and forcing more of them to have abortions any way they can find them.

The rich and the upper-class women have always been able to afford good abortions, whether the procedure was legal or illegal.

To defund Planned Parenthood is to take away a woman's right to have her choice of Healthcare in America.

That's what this conversation is really all about,

A way to punish women because they demanded their sexual, rights as part of their civil rights in the 60s and 70s.

Black people are not going back to the back of the bus,

Gay people are not going back into the closet, and

Women are not going barefoot and pregnant back into the kitchen.

You might as well get use to it..