Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Women respond to misogyny and sexual predators with power

793 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, jakeem said:

.@AOC refuses @GOPLeader’s call to apologize for her “concentration camps” remark and instead tells him to apologize for family separation, “human rights abuses” and “dehumanizing” border conditions.

zvj-jloo?format=jpg&name=600x314

And now we know why trump got out of the UN Commission on Human Rights.

So sad, and the United States is one of the permanent members of the Security Council.

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

And now we know why trump got out of the UN Commission on Human Rights.

So sad, and the United States is one of the permanent members of the Security Council.

A few progressive Dems need to be careful or Jewish voters will get offended.   

The treatment of migrants along the US border doesn't come close to what Jews experienced in the camps during the 30s and 40s.

To imply otherwise,  like A.O.C. is doing,  is insane,  and politically stupid.   

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jakeem said:

4 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Kimberley Johnson Retweeted Amee Vanderpool

She saved the black Donna Karan coat dress she was wearing at the time of the assault. It hangs in her closet unlaundered. There is no statute of limitations for rape in NY.

I believe Harvey Weinstein could tell you about that no statute of limitations for rape in New York.

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:
The Washington Post
The Post Most

e88aee44665ba1295626e09652c42243-1400-0-70-8-CZ3L7BUUQAI6TFLKRDBJDK24HA.jpg
(Eva Deitch for The Washington Post)
Magazine columnist accuses Trump of sexual assault more than two decades ago, an allegation he denies
E. Jean Carroll, a New York-based writer, said Trump attacked her in a dressing room of an upscale department store. The president called her account “fake news.”
By Beth Reinhard and Colby Itkowitz  Read more »

On 6/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, jakeem said:

On 6/21/2019 at 1:50 PM, jakeem said:

Renato Mariotti Retweeted Scott Bixby

E. Jean Carroll is at least the 16th woman to accuse Donald Trump of sexual assault.

On 6/21/2019 at 1:57 PM, jakeem said:

Schooley Retweeted New York Magazine

How many corroborations of Trump's Access Hollywood confession do we need before it actually sticks?

On 6/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, jakeem said:

President Trump on E. Jean Carroll: "It's a totally false accusation. I have absolutely no idea who she is."

Image result for trump everyone said i was a warmonger

On 6/21/2019 at 5:39 PM, jakeem said:

Chris Lu Retweeted Laura Litvan

If you're going to say "I never met this person in my life," you might want to read the article first to see if there's a photo of you meeting that person.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:38 PM, jakeem said:

In her initial divorce deposition, Ivana Trump said that trump had also raped her. Ivana Trump is the woman to the right.

16 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Incredible interview this morning of E. Jean Carroll by Alisyn Camerota.  This is not the entire thing but you might get the idea.

By this account Trump should be serving time in federal prison and not behind the desk in the Oval Office.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

E. Jean Carroll, the advice columnist who says President Trump sexually assaulted her in a department store dressing room in the mid-1990s, told NPR she is "very glad" she published her accusation, even as Trump denied her story.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/22/735080909/it-hurt-and-it-was-against-my-will-trump-accuser-stands-by-her-story?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=politics&utm_term=nprnews&utm_source=twitter.com

cziowmu6?format=jpg&name=600x314

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Vox has a list of all *22* women who have accused the president of various types of sexual misconduct and harassment.

The White House’s position is that all these women are liars.

And one of those women was Ivana Trump, Ivanka Trump's mother.

Rather than post other people's opinions, can we get personal?

I just visited my cousin who is a long time college professor. He had told me a story about going to lunch with a student and after my initial shock asked him why he'd do that. He clarified it was a lady going for her doctorate, married, mature age, just like my cousin.

He said he won't even meet one on one with a regular student.

If a student needs "to talk" he asks them to send him an email. If they insist "in person" there is a huge conference meeting room all the teachers/students use, so they're in a public setting. Always.

And whenever this kind of discussion happens with people of two generations (my age 40's-50's & our kids 20-30's) present, all the adults nod and say "it's happened to me" in one way or another. Our kids are aghast! They really haven't been involved in that sort of predatory behavior like we have. And they can't believe we didn't say anything, blow the whistle on the perps. 

So hopefully, manipulation of this sort is quickly disappearing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Rather than post other people's opinions, can we get personal?

I just visited my cousin who is a long time college professor. He had told me a story about going to lunch with a student and after my initial shock asked him why he'd do that. He clarified it was a lady going for her doctorate, married, mature age, just like my cousin.

He said he won't even meet one on one with a regular student.

If a student needs "to talk" he asks them to send him an email. If they insist "in person" there is a huge conference meeting room all the teachers/students use, so they're in a public setting. Always.

And whenever this kind of discussion happens with people of two generations (my age 40's-50's & our kids 20-30's) present, all the adults nod and say "it's happened to me" in one way or another. Our kids are aghast! They really haven't been involved in that sort of predatory behavior like we have. And they can't believe we didn't say anything, blow the whistle on the perps. 

So hopefully, manipulation of this sort is quickly disappearing.

Nice to get actual feedback form a actual person instead of these annoying tweets.

I believe we can all agree that there were solid reasons women didn't come forward 'back in the day';  lost of a job and \ or career advancement,   etc...     These were real and as you note that type of power manipulation by men-in-power is disappearing.

BUT I admit I was surprised that very strong women like Megyn Kelly used the above as her reason for not being pro-active and her harassment didn't occur that long ago (she is in a generation between the ones you state).   

Working in CA as a manager I've been required to take annual sexual harassment training for the last 15 years; But I guess that type of training was NOT the norm for Hollywood or CA government (a lot of harassment there has been exposed since #MeToo,  some by women and even more by gay men).

The point being;   has the power structure really changed if these type of occurrences happen,  far too often, in super-liberal CA?

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Elizabeth Warren is proposing a sweeping overhaul of federal elections that would mandate tougher security standards, automatic voter registration, end gerrymandering and make Election Day a national holiday.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-wants-to-transform-american-elections_n_5d11837de4b0aa375f51c4b1?section=politics&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000016

0cQrOsOz?format=jpg&name=600x314

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

In 123 presidential primary debates from 1996 to 2016, candidates got zero questions about proposals to address sexual harassment, according to analysis from @TIMESUPNOW. The group wants to make sure that doesn't happen this time around.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/times-up-sexual-harassment-presidential-primary-debate-questions_n_5d120c71e4b0aa375f5352d1?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

0GDpNxk1?format=jpg&name=600x314

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Is rape an impeachable offense?

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Joyce Alene Retweeted Zerlina Maxwell

Every Republican in Congress needs to be asked this question the next time they’re in front of a microphone.

Or asked this question at home by a female loved one-- like a spouse, a daughter, a granddaughter or a beloved female friend.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The point being;   has the power structure really changed if these type of occurrences happen,  far too often, in super-liberal CA?

I'm really hoping it will Peter out (pun intended) Girls are more aware and hopefully situations are averted by policy, like my above mentioned "conference" room.

Bad behavior existed because we trusted being alone with another person in business/school situations. No more. It's called being protective & proactive.

Besides, now everything's a structured "business", they're accountable. I think harassment happened far more with privately owned business' who nurtured an "absolute  power" attitude of higher ups.

Next time report a rape AFTER IT  HAPPENS! Don't wait until you have grandchildren.  And don't give the lame "I'm too embarrass" excuse - don't seem to be so now. :angry:

Oh I know the replies, too ashamed and weak - what became of EQUAL RIGHTS where women are just as brave & strong as men, doesn't count now (or then)?

On 6/25/2019 at 12:01 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

(a lot of harassment there has been exposed since #MeToo,  some by women and even more by gay men).

Well gee whiz! You don't say! :lol: 

800px-Kevin_Spacey,_May_2013.jpg

Now this is the face of an upstanding citizen. :lol: 

58 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Well gee whiz! You don't say! :lol: 

Now this is the face of an upstanding citizen. :lol: 

Well I was talking about high ranking politicians in CA state government.    Can one say 'careful what you wish for'!

Ava DuVernay Invites Megan Rapinoe To Dinner After Her White House Visit Scoff

“Got folks mad cause you don’t wanna eat fast food at their house,” the “When They See Us” director tweeted.

The soccer star is recognized as the first high-profile white or female athlete to have followed Kaepernick’s anti-racism protests by kneeling during the anthem.  

Rapinoe told NBC Sports at the time that her protest was “something small” and that she hoped to continue to “spark some meaningful conversation around it.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ava-duvernay-megan-rapinoe-donald-trump-white-house_n_5d13c215e4b0e4556036d0a5?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067
  • Like 1