Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Women respond to misogyny and sexual predators with power

804 posts in this topic

'Terrifying' and 'Unacceptable': Outrage Mounts Over Manslaughter Charge for Alabama Woman Who Miscarried After Being Shot in the Stomach

Critics warn the case threatens reproductive rights nationwide by advancing the anti-choice concept of "fetal personhood"

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/27/terrifying-and-unacceptable-outrage-mounts-over-manslaughter-charge-alabama-woman?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, jakeem said:

.@KamalaHarris told @JoeBiden she doesn’t believe he’s a racist but challenged him to apologize for working with segregationist senators and opposing aspects of school busing.

Biden didn’t. Harris then made it personal, saying she benefited from busing.

https://apnews.com/d166acc1f7054bc19642606070b8d86b?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

L0WC-NMQ?format=jpg&name=600x314

Senator Harris is the Triple Threat:

Female, black, and Asian, but all American!

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

"This could be the only genuine breakout performance we have seen in one of these debates in many years." https://bit.ly/2XeY11b 

D-JxFxIW4AAKs4K.jpg

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

Is Harris being too aggressive?

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

Kasie Hunt Retweeted Stuart Rothenberg

All respect Stu but this is one way where our standards for women candidates have been very different than they are for men

12 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

If she was a man, they would say she showed leadership proactive abilities.

Some men just can't take criticism or any kind of direction from a woman.

And in my opinion, those kind aren't real men at all. LMREO

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

NINTCHDBPICT000501275167.jpg?strip=all&q

Prime Minister Theresa May met with Vladimir Putin at the G20 in Japan and told him straight out that the Salisbury attacks could never be repeated and for relations to normalize Russia would have to cease their interference in Britain's affairs AND that of her allies.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

If she [Kamala Harris] was a man, they would say she showed leadership proactive abilities.

Some men just can't take criticism or any kind of direction from a woman.

And in my opinion, those kind aren't real men at all. LMREO

No, she just attacked the old white guy for something he did decades ago trying to reach common ground so the government could actually help people.  She is playing identity politics, race and gender.  Not too far removed from Trump.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Atlanta Mayor @KeishaBottoms is endorsing Democrat @JoeBiden for president. Bottoms tells The Associated Press that her decision came down to Biden's experience and her belief that the former vice president is best positioned to beat President Donald Trump.

https://www.wabe.org/in-2020-presidential-race-biden-lands-endorsement-from-atlanta-mayor-bottoms/

DwCaawSM?format=jpg&name=600x314

7 minutes ago, jakeem said:

JUST IN: US defeats France 2-1, behind two goals from Megan Rapinoe, to advance to World Cup semifinals.

The US is now headed to a semifinal match against England on Tuesday in Lyon.

D-LUPmCW4AAYnh1.jpg

4 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Never forget that Megan Rapinoe, who scored two goals today, is the only white athlete to kneel during the national anthem in support of Colin Kaepernick. Plus she sued U.S. Soccer because of wage and gender discrimination.

She’s an absolute beast.

2 Megans out of 3 may rehabilitate this name for girl babies.

6 minutes ago, jakeem said:

There was much more to Kamala Harris at the #DemDebate than her Biden face-off, and her emergence should scare Donald Trump

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/frank-rich-democratic-debate-harris-biden.html

nvkS31L3?format=jpg&name=600x314

5 minutes ago, jakeem said:

.@frankrichny on Kamala Harris: "There may be no word that Trump fears more than “prosecutor"....

23 minutes ago, jakeem said:

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Megan Rapinoe accepts Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's invitation to tour U.S. Capitol after saying she won't visit White House

But will Rapinoe meeting with Pelosi?????      A.O.C. doesn't want her to.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:26 PM, jakeem said:

.@KamalaHarris told @JoeBiden she doesn’t believe he’s a racist but challenged him to apologize for working with segregationist senators and opposing aspects of school busing.

Biden didn’t. Harris then made it personal, saying she benefited from busing.

https://apnews.com/d166acc1f7054bc19642606070b8d86b?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

L0WC-NMQ?format=jpg&name=600x314

On 6/27/2019 at 11:27 PM, jakeem said:

Harris is a powerhouse debater w strong personal story. In many ways, Trump's worst nightmare: how would he attack her? Looks? No chance. Woman? She's clearly smarter than he is. Radical? She sounds thoughtful. But: a woman of color? Imagine that base. Ugly on a whole new level.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:55 PM, jakeem said:

The truth is, the one candidate tonight I can easily imagine both being President & debating Trump is Harris. Last night, I felt this about Warren. (The idea of a Sanders/Trump debate makes me want to jump out a window, I think it would be disastrous.)

On 6/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, jakeem said:

1 thing you need to know today: ht

D-JdpHaWsAEJUTY.jpg

On 6/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, jakeem said:

"This could be the only genuine breakout performance we have seen in one of these debates in many years." https://bit.ly/2XeY11b 

D-JxFxIW4AAKs4K.jpg

If they say one picture is worth a thousand words, how about two pictures?

1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

Image result for R. Crumb Women Voting Republican

The messaging of 'hey,  stupid,  vote for me and not the other guy since I'm on your side' hasn't been a winning strategy.

34 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Hating on old-white-men works wonders with Dems.

Senator Harris is married to an old white man from what I hear.

Couple of weeks ago an Anonymous man jumps out of the audience and ran up on the stage and grabbed Senator Harris's microphone.

The guy didn't mean any harm he simply wanted to State his case.

Next thing I see is that this older white man runs up and grabs him. And then later I hear him saying  that he was Senator Harris's husband and that he would be willing to do anything to protect her.

Did you get a chance to see that on television?