Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Women respond to misogyny and sexual predators with power

595 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Trump pushing to dismiss suit brought by former 'Apprentice' contestant over groping claims http://politi.co/2BKMHvy 

DQT5FgrWsAAizsL.jpg

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

As far as I know he is trying to argue "you can't sue me, I'm the POTUS."  But his slanderous comments about these women were made before he was elected.

The Beat Goes On

"........ That Donald Trump could express himself that way and still be elected President is part of what stoked the rage that fueled the Women's March the day after his Inauguration. It's why women seized on that crude word as the emblem of the protest that dwarfed Trump's Inauguration crowd size. "All social movements have highly visible precipitating factors," says Aldon Morris, a professor of sociology at Northwestern University. "In this case, you had Harvey Weinstein, and before that you had Trump." ....

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-2017-silence-breakers/?xid=homepage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jakeem said:

16 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Jon Favreau Retweeted McKay Coppins

Donald Trump should resign over these NINETEEN credible sexual assault allegations, and no elected Democrat should be afraid to say that.

And The Beat Goes On--

From the WP ...

Trump accusers say it was ‘heartbreaking’ to see him elected despite sexual misconduct allegations
As the country grapples with a national reckoning over sexual misconduct allegations against powerful men from Hollywood to Capitol Hill, three women who accused the most high-profile man in the country again questioned why their claims did nothing to stop him from winning the presidency
By Mark Berman  •  

9 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

From the WP ...

Trump accusers say it was ‘heartbreaking’ to see him elected despite sexual misconduct allegations
As the country grapples with a national reckoning over sexual misconduct allegations against powerful men from Hollywood to Capitol Hill, three women who accused the most high-profile man in the country again questioned why their claims did nothing to stop him from winning the presidency
By Mark Berman  •  

but his shortcomings are far outweighted by other things like his no-nonsense zero tolerance for islamic jihadist berserkerism.

now when this newest adorable media darling 27 year old alayed something (it's an arab/muslim name):o is favored with calls that he be tried in a civilian criminal court instead of as a enemy combatant. can we expect the likes of nyc mayor de blasio to object to that liberal krapola...

president donald trump most assuredly will.

Related image

45 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

but his shortcomings are far outweighted by other things like his no-nonsense zero tolerance for islamic jihadist berserkerism.

now when this newest adorable media darling 27 year old alayed something (it's an arab/muslim name):o is favored with calls that he be tried in a civilian criminal court instead of as a enemy combatant. can we expect the likes of nyc mayor de blasio to object to that liberal krapola...

president donald trump most assuredly will.

Related image

This beserker carried out his act despite the bluster of Donald Trump.  Face it, your guy is just a blowhard coward.  Typical bully.  

Remember when he almost soiled his pants when that guy approached the stage in the airport hanger?

• Haha 2

but our side has never waxed sympathetic for these berserkers....

now will come the obligatory calls for sympathy and understanding. we had that brand of BS for 8 years under obama...

the threat is still here.

"maybe they'll understand another kind of language." -kirk, 3rd year ep 'the lights of zetar'

Image result for james t kirk shatner

6 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

but our side has never waxed sympathetic for these berserkers....

now will come the obligatory calls for sympathy and understanding. we had that brand of BS for 8 years under obama...

the threat is still here.

"maybe they'll understand another kind of language." -kirk, 3rd year ep 'the lights of zetar'

Give me a one quote where Obama took the side of a terrorist.  What a load.  You really are seriously deluded.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Give me a one quote where Obama took the side of a terrorist.  What a load.  You really are seriously deluded.

So are you since you expect people like him to wake up and stop supporting Trump.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

your side talks an awful lot about tacid approval by silence...

obama was silent for 8 years on saying radical islamic terror and in a very subtle indirect way that is a quiet condoning of terrorism.

weakness invites aggression and encourages wrongdoers. I will say this much for him though. he did get bin laden and had enough willingness to go to the max with drone strikes but the reason is obvious...

to buy time for himself and his presumed successor to make the hard choices he was too chicken to ever make himself.:lol:

5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So are you since you expect people like him to wake up and stop supporting Trump.   

as flawed as donny trump is you will never hear him minimizing scum like that fine young man in nyc.

with liberals and democrats you expect it.

And yet Donny runs his mouth and there are still terrorist attacks

in the U.S. Hmmm. Guess they know a scam artist when they see one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

your side talks an awful lot about tacid approval by silence...

obama was silent for 8 years on saying radical islamic terror and in a very subtle indirect way that is a quiet condoning of terrorism.

weakness invites aggression and encourages wrongdoers. I will say this much for him though. he did get bin laden and had enough willingness to go to the max with drone strikes but the reason is obvious...

to buy time for himself and his presumed successor to make the hard choices he was too chicken to ever make himself.:lol:

Obama was hardly silent on terrorism.  Fox and the right just made a thing out of not using the word 'Islamic' when it came to terrorism and you know the argument there.  They did not wish to inspire yet more terrorism.

Trump is pretty silent when it comes to far right violence or denouncing nazis or the k k k or violence at his rallies.  What does that make him?  And you're not seeing this, does not that make you a complete hypocrite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I was speaking figuratively to America.  I doan expect that maroon to change and spare me your 'deluded' assumptions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Obama was hardly silent on terrorism.  Fox and the right just made a thing out of not using the word 'Islamic' when it came to terrorism and you know the argument there.  They did not wish to inspire yet more terrorism.

Trump is pretty silent when it comes to far right violence or denouncing nazis or the k k k or violence at his rallies.  What does that make him?  And you're not seeing this, does not that make you a complete hypocrite.

if obama was so smart and wise than why is the problem still with us after his 8 years of divine peacemaking?

simple...

the real world is not a harvard lecture hall.:lol:

obama and his ilk are those type of academic hoy-faloys who believe they can talk the world into an automatic peace just by the sound of their voices.

the arrogant intellectual worships himself anf his self-vaunting intellect while the rest of humanity lives in the real world.

obama was given a nobel peace prize for a reason that nobody could figure out beyond his 2008 campaign rhetoric and that was a mistake that only furthered obama's own self-worship of his own self-professing supposedly matchless intellect.

they helped cement the fallacy already afoot in obama's own mind that the nobel was for him and not him for the nobel.

worst thing you can do is further exalt an arrogant man who is already too arrogant.

19 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

worst thing you can do is further exalt an arrogant man who is already too arrogant.

You would do well to take your own advice.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

And what, exactly, do you think those Trump rally stroke-fests are?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I was speaking figuratively to America.  I doan expect that maroon to change and spare me your 'deluded' assumptions.

There is no such concept politically as 'America'.   Instead there are individual cities, counties,  congressional districts and states.     E.g. my mom,  a GOP only voter,  has asked me many times,  "how is it that Pelosi is still in Congress?',  I answer 'because people like you don't vote in San Francisco'.    

I still say you have little understanding of American politics.    

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

There is no such concept politically as 'America'.   Instead there are individual cities, counties,  congressional districts and states.     E.g. my mom,  a GOP only voter,  has asked me many times,  "how is it that Pelosi is still in Congress?',  I answer 'because people like you don't vote in San Francisco'.    

I still say you have little understanding of American politics.    

Tell me.  Did you even read the David Frum article that I was referring to?  Somehow I doubt it.  Then again you probably know more about American politics than David Frum anyway.

18 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Tell me.  Did you even read the David Frum article that I was referring to?  Somehow I doubt it.  Then again you probably know more about American politics than David Frum anyway.

David Frum is just another conservative that is trying to pretend that Trump doesn't represent the GOP.  That a majority of GOP members didn't nominate Trump as their candidate.      That racist and sexist type policies, as well as Christian right fascism,  are something Trump just came up with instead of being a core part of the GOP political strategy.    

Trump's rhetoric and governing style are new but the overall GOP agenda for America is what the GOP has been pushing for decades.  

Despite thousands of hours wasted and many millions of dollars spent, the Democrats have been unable to show any collusion with Russia - so now they are moving on to the false accusations and fabricated stories of women who I don’t know and/or have never met. FAKE NEWS!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

David Frum is just another conservative that is trying to pretend that Trump doesn't represent the GOP.  That a majority of GOP members didn't nominate Trump as their candidate.      That racist and sexist type policies, as well as Christian right fascism,  are something Trump just came up with instead of being a core part of the GOP political strategy.    

Trump's rhetoric and governing style are new but the overall GOP agenda for America is what the GOP has been pushing for decades.  

Trump doesn't represent Frum's idea of the GOP and he is entitled to say it.  Frum recognizes the authoritarian danger of the Trump presidency and Trump's attempt to destroy America's institutions.  Now just because someone like Nipkowdisc wouldn't agree or understand that doesn't mean that other people would not like to hear from Frum.  Your argument that I cannot change Nipkowdisc's opinion of Trump is your own extrapolation of my post.  It is something you do it all the time.

• Thanks 1