Lord Byron

The Passion of Joan of Arc at the Film Forum in NY

5 posts in this topic

I wish I could, but that's a bit far for me. I recently rewatched my Criterion disc and commented how I wished that a restoration could be done. Nice to hear that one has been done.

• Like 2

Could Falconetti better Jean Seberg's great performance in Otto Preminger's neglected classic, "Saint Joan"?

12 minutes ago, rayban said:

Could Falconetti better Jean Seberg's great performance in Otto Preminger's neglected classic, "Saint Joan"?

In my opinion, Falconetti is on a whole other plane of existence. In another thread, I recently named Falconetti's performance as the greatest of any film actress of all time.

That being said, Falconetti and Seberg weren't going at the role the same way, as the filmmakers were telling different stories with each film. Same subject, but different perspectives. The same could be said of Bergman and Jovovich's turns at the role.

• Like 2

I completely agree with LawrenceA. Falconetti is "on a whole other plane of existence" is absolutely right- I don't think you can compare her performance with any others- the comparisons are superficial, at best.

• Thanks 1