blueyedblonde1956

Name the movie - 2 clues

85 posts in this topic

Here is a hint which will likely mercifully open this thread to someone else:

The actor has the same last name as an actress who was romantically involved with Woody Allen.

6 minutes ago, Thenryb said:

Here is a hint which will likely mercifully open this thread to someone else:

The actor has the same last name as an actress who was romantically involved with Woody Allen.

Is this Doughboys (1930)? I have no idea if the clues fit, as I've never seen it.

Is it "Roberta" (1935) I haven't seen it, but I know Lucy is in a fashion show in this one. And it does have Astaire and Rogers and Irene Dunne.

17 minutes ago, marcar said:

Is it "Roberta" (1935) I haven't seen it, but I know Lucy is in a fashion show in this one. And it does have Astaire and Rogers and Irene Dunne.

That's the one!

Your thread, marcar. :) 

1.) Upon first seeing this film, the star started preparing for graduate school coz she thought her acting career was over.

2.) Beverly D'Angelo, Jessica Lange, Anjelica Huston, Sissy Spacek, Dianne Wiest, Blythe Danner, Goldie Hawn, Glenn Close, Diane Keaton, Meryl Streep and Kathleen Turner were all considered for the lead role.

Sorry, I neglected this thread over the holidays. Here's two more clues:

3.) based on a real-life crime

4.) Astrology is discussed four times in the movie

Think I'll just name the movie since we're already at four clues: it's "The Accused" (1988) with Jodie Foster and Kelly McGillis. Foster almost decided to leave acting when she saw her performance in a pre-screening. All those other actresses were considered for the lawyer role McGillis played. The movie is based on a real gang rape that occurred in my state, Massachusetts in 1983 in New Bedford. And Foster talks about astrology, trying to get McGillis interested in "doing her chart."

Open thread.