Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

AL FRANKEN & HIS COMRADES

94 posts in this topic

The Franken allegations are a joke compared with what Trump has been accused of doing and what he has admitted to on tape. The only thing our congressmen and senators should be ashamed of is not having removed him from office.

• Haha 1

John Conyers steps aside from House Judiciary Committee amid probe into sexual allegations

Michigan Rep. John Conyers on Sunday stepped aside as the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, but again denied recent allegations of sexual and inappropriate conduct.

“In light of the attention drawn by recent allegations made against me, I have notified the Democratic leader of my request to step aside as ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee during the investigation of these matters,” Conyers said in a statement.

The 88-year-old Conyers, starting last week, was hit with several allegations of misconduct while in Congress that are now being investigated by the House Ethics Committee.

Another Democrat got caught with his pants down? Where is all the outrage from the feminists and Hillary?

• Like 1

Probably because most of the charges are alleged  and yet to be proved.  Conyers did make a comment that he feels the allegations against him were false possibly pushed forward by his political detractors.  And it makes sense.  Recall if you will, how when 20 or so years ago a certain number of priests were found to have actually molested young boys.  But, the public got carried away with it.  They weren't content to know a certain number of priests were guilty of it.  As far as they were concerned, ALL priests were.  And it seems to be the same thing all over again. 

Sure, there probably ARE some guilty parties of this sort of behavior.  On BOTH sides of the aisle.  But to show how fair minded I am, I refuse to accept any charges against either republicans OR democrats until the proof is IRON-CLAD!  NOT because some guy on a "streaming live from Mom's basement"  "news" website SAYS they are.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I hadn't heard that Franken was trying to blame anyone other than himself. Now, Trump and Moore on the other hand...:rolleyes:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Just wondering about Comrade in the thread title.

Oh, I'm sure Jake didn't mean anything by the use of that particular word. ^_^

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Oh, I'm sure Jake didn't mean anything by the use of that particular word. ^_^

Of course not.   This is similar to the film TCM showed a few weeks back;  Tender Comrade.    :lol:

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I hadn't heard that Franken was trying to blame anyone other than himself. Now, Trump and Moore on the other hand...:rolleyes:

I had heard the "Russians" thing, and noting that Franken, a long time comedy writer and comedian, I felt he was just playing up to the current fascination concerning Russians and American politics.

Sepiatone