Sign in to follow this  
newclassicfilmfan1

Tom Petty

7 posts in this topic

I don't recall if anyone had a thread about the passing of Tom Petty 2 months ago.   Has anything ever come out about what caused the cardiac arrest?   I know toxicology testing was being done - but how long does that take?   Well, I thought Petty was a great singer, songwriter, but aside from that, he was a man of loyalty, integrity and class...always stood up for what was right and cared about the fans.  One of the only guys to lower ticket and record prices back in the 1980's.   He was one of the best.   I miss him.   

• Like 1

Thanks Lawrence.   I just thought Petty was really great as a singer and person.   The guy had more traumatic things happen in a lifetime and yet, he had such perseverance and never gave up his dream of being a musician.  I admire everything about that man.

Saw a video on youtube "Runnin' Down a Dream" from 1991 live concert.  Best thing I ever saw.  Petty was awesome.  He was the essence of what a rock star should be....what great style, charisma, great voice, great band - and he was sexy back then too.   He was the coolest person around.  There will never be another like him.  I hope they come out with some concerts on DVD.

• Like 1

I haven't checked, but I'd be surprised if there weren't any available already.

I wasn't a HUGE fan, but I like him well enough. Certainly a better "rocker" than most of today's current crop.

Sepiatone

Hi - I'm hoping a DVD of Petty's live concert(s) will come out someday.  Some of them are on Youtube and really sensational.    I know lots of his fans, me included, would love to have that on DVD.    Also, they should reprint some of the books on Petty - they are on Amazon for hundreds of dollars.  Petty would have been furious to know his items are being sold for more than what people can afford.  Back in the 1980's he fought to have prices LOWERED on his record which they were trying to sell for $9.99 instead of $8.99.  He thought $9.99 was too high for an album.  He also put fans from the back 2 rows, in the front rows of his concerts.   He was a man of integrity and class - which we very rarely see.