clarklk

Minneapolis/St. Paul local chapter

69 posts in this topic

I didn't see a Minneapolis/St. Paul local chapter.  There must be lots of people in the Twin Cities area that are big classic movie fans.  Let's get together and create a new local chapter for the area, if there isn't already.

Edited by clarklk
missed adding tags

We need five people to make an official local chapter of TCM Backlot.  Hopefully others here in the Twin Cities will step up and show interest.

I'm planning to go to a local showing of the TCM Big Screen Classics' showing of "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" this coming week.  I'm sure there will be plenty of other Twin Cities classic movie fans there.  :)

TCM Big Screen Classics is showing "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner", in the Twin Cities at the following theaters, dates and times.

Showplace ICON at The West End
1625 West End Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55416
Dec 10 2:00 PM
Dec 13 7:00 PM
Emagine Willow Creek
9900 Shelard Pkwy, Plymouth, MN 55441
Dec 10 2:00 PM, 7:00 PM
Dec 13 2:00 PM, 7:00 PM
Rosedale 14
850 Rosedale Center, Roseville, MN 55113
Dec 10 2:00 PM, 7:00 PM
Dec 13 2:00 PM, 7:00 PM

I can't make the screening this month, but the last few (Casablanca, Princess Bride) been better attended.  The 2018 big screen series looks great too!  

I hope we can bring a Mpls/St Paul chapter to life!

I went to the showing of "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" yesterday afternoon, at 2pm.  I hadn't seen the movie for many years and was surprised to see it's aged very well.  It was quite a very good movie.  I was only a bit disappointed there weren't more people there.  I believe Sunday afternoons a lot of people like to watch football games, so I'm guessing that's partly why the turnout was low. 

I really liked the TCM presentation of the movie.  Tiffany Vazquez did her standard wonderful job with the introduction of the movie, as well as the follow-up at the end.  I'm looking forward to next month's big screen classic!

Hopefully by then we'll have enough people to form an official Twin Cities TCM Backlot local chapter.

Hi TCMary.  Yes, just one and we can became an official Backlot chapter.  I'm hoping that one more person comes along before the big screen event next month. Then we can plan on a get together to see it.

Next weekend the Trylon is showing "All About Eve".  I'll put that on my calendar to go to a showing.  That's one of my favorite Bette Davis movies.

Trylon Cinema
2820 E 33rd St
Minneapolis, MN 55406

Weekend after this coming, they're showing "The Big Sleep", with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.

www.trylon.org

Thanks clarklk- I would love to see just one more person in the Twin Cities join up. Is there any way we can get the word out that you know of, or anyone else on this thread might know of?  Love to see the Bogie/Bacall flick!

jessica101559, I am going to stand up at the Bogie/Houston/Holt, the Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and ask viewers to join and help us grow into a forum. 

Changing the subject; but can you believe that there are no women in this movie? This is the very first movie I saw on TCM and have been HOOKED ever since. 

... and a big THANKS clarklk for the for the Trylon info

TCMary96, we’ll no one can call it a chick flick I guess!  Anyway thanks for being brave and standing up to tak, I’m sure there’s going to be people that want to join up!!

jessica101559 ..... all we need is 1 (bum bum ba na na...) all we need is 1 .., 1.., 1 is all we need.

I'm happy to try :)

Treasure of the Sierra Madre is the Fathom Event Big Screen Classic - today and Wednesday.  I may go on Wednesday to Southdale.  Are others still going?  I hope we can successfully recruit for the backlot chapter.  I need to put the Trylon on my radar.  Looks wonderful!