clarklk

Minneapolis/St. Paul local chapter

34 posts in this topic

I am going to the 7pm showing in Eagan at the Regal. I will try my best while there, to get us 1 or more members. Not a lot of people have an extra $80 to sling around for BackLot. I had to wait 2 years, and ask for this membership as a gift from my children. I had been a NowShowing member for years and was devastated when it canceled.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

&HBtm  <:)

Thanks for the heads up!  I'd have been upset with myself to go on the wrong day!  It looks like subsequent months are Sundays then Wednesday as they have been in the past.  I wonder why this month is different?

Yes, what is up with the Now Playing Guide?  I've signed up several times and am never able to receive it. It never ends up in my spam filter, it seems to get filtered out prior to that.  Anyone receive it successfully and have tips to getting it?  I miss it too!  

I'm heading to the 2:00 showing at Rosedale now.  I'll try to find others with Backlot also.

• Like 1

It is 9:44. Just got back from the Regal in Eagan. I have the best son! The young man not only bought my ticket but my popcorn and soda too. (my early birthday present HBtm  <:)   )

Well for us here in MN waiting for that 5th person may take a little longer. 

There were about 18 movie goers, and as I said I would, I stood up after the lights came back, and ask if there were any BackLot members. They all said no. As quick as I could I told them all about TCM BackLot and the fith person that we need for a forum. It blew me away that about 6 people said they never knew of TCM's BackLot. 

NEXT MONTH .... The Phillidelphia Story .... I'll be happy to stand up and ask again

• Like 1

Thanks for doing that TCMary96.  I went to the Treasure of the Sierra Madre yesterday afternoon, at Rosedale.  There were only four other people in the audience.  I asked those four people if any of them were TCM Backlot members? anyone interested in joining TCM Backlot?  None of them showed much interest.  So it might take a little longer to get our fifth person, like you say.  But I still have no doubt that fifth person is out there somewhere. 

After Clark kindly pointed out the movie wasn't playing on Wednesday I scrambled and made it to the 2:00 showing at Southdale yesterday.  I got there after the lights were down - there were probably 8-12 in attendance. Afterwards I spoke to a few people.  I couldn't gauge the reaction but they may have thought I was eccentric, hard to tell!  I'll try again next month!

• Like 2

Eccentric hahahah;... thats funny! Though my son said that i ask tactfully. I now wonder what the people thought about me. "ehhehm Mr. De Mille ,... I'm ready for my close up...!"

I think if we keep at it this way we will get another member.