clarklk

Minneapolis/St. Paul local chapter

141 posts in this topic

I googled it,... said it is Kerasotes Minneapolis ShowPlace ICON at the West End, St. Louis Park

We need to see which region we are all from.

I am from the South Metro. The Cinama that plays the TCM movie of the month is the Regal in Eagan, Mn

I'm in northwest corner of Minneapolis. I have gone to the Rosedale cinema in Roseville.  

I’m in the western suburb of Minneapolis, the theatres I mostly go to are : Emagine Willow Creek off off Hwy 169 and kerasote West End theatre on Hwy 394/100 edge of downtown Minneapolis. TCM plays movies there and I also heard at a small, old time theater that there’s an organist who plays beforehand. I think it’s in Columbia heights?

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, jaragon said:

You should see "8 1/2" if you are in a more adventurous mood try " Satyricon"

I'm familiar with the theater.  It is in Columbia Heights, called the Heights Theater.

I usually go to the 2:00 showing on Sunday.  I looked at the fathom events page and I don't see it at west end (maybe I missed it?). I'd be willing to go there; I typically go to Southdale.  

I think it is playing at the West End on Wednesday but not Sunday.

What a nice V-Day present .... I got my TCM BACKLOT Official Membership KIT :) 

<3 <3 HAPPY VALENTINES DAY guys & dolls! <3 <3 

• Like 1

Btw, I noticed the Trylon cinema has a real nice triple feature showing this weekend.  They are all starring Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake, "This Gun for Hire", "The Glass Key", and "The Blue Dahlia".  

• Like 1

Tonight at 7pm Natalie Woods Oscar nominated role in Splendor in the Grass. If you haven’t seen it it’s such a great movie imho.   Even if we don’t always have time to meet up for movies in theaters, we can share our love of movies together on Now Showing!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that recommendation Jessica101559.  I haven't seen Splendor in the Grass, but based on your input, I'm putting it on my must-see list.  I appreciated your sharing that.

Happy to do it, finding new old movies that are so well made is a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy watching it!!let me know what you thought!

In today's StarTribune there's an article about Mystery Movie (the movie title isn't announced in advance, not mystery genre) series.   At Emagine Willow Creek they have classic movies and at Edina Landmark it's contemporary movies with a discussion afterwards.   Looks like both are once a month.  http://www.emagine-entertainment.com/emagine-secret-cinema/http://www.talkcinema.com/minneapolis-2017-18. They both look really good!  I had no idea there was so much fun stuff going on in movies locally.  

Do we need to do something official with backlot folks still?  We could hold a super secret ballot for chapter president.  I thought Mary nominated Clark (or maybe the vote was Groucho), but I'd second that nomination if he's willing to shoulder the massive burden :).   The trickier part might be to settle on a location for our "official" theater.  We seem to be scattered around the area.

• Like 2

Yah, not sure what if anything we need to do anything else except for nominating our president. I personally would want to see the older classic movies, but will see newer ones if that’s what group would like. We could switch off every other month and get both theaters in , that way everyone can get a choice of type of. Movie..

• Like 1

Yes, I was just kidding. But if clarklk would like to be or 1st chapter president, please let my nomination for clarklk be the first,... 

BTW,.. I was just tooling around here on the TCM boards site. It seems as our lil' group "like" and "reply" to each other more often than other groups \ :) / YAY US! .... THEN there is the HATE page :P ... my mouth dropped open. I cannot believe that TCM would let folks be awarded for their own personal hatred.

I'm here because I LOVE movies. I was not able to watch a lot of TV or go to movies when I was young. I LOVE old B&Ws and that is primarily what I watch.  

So please! I don't care what your political views are. Lets just enjoy the time on here, watching and talking about movies :)  and planning a get together 

• Like 1

I would certainly be willing to be our first chapter president if others want me to.  I would also support anyone else of us that wants to do it first.  I suggest whoever our first chapter president will be, we plan on someone else taking over the position after about 6 months to a year.

Hello Twin Cities TCMers!  We've been quiet the last few weeks.  Sometimes I get busy with other things and find it hard to make time for my love of classic movies.

This month TCM on the big screen will have "Vertigo".  That's very exciting! I haven't seen that in a theater for many years.  I'm definitely planning to go to a showing.

- Clark

• Like 1

Sunday March 18, 2:00pm and 7:00pm
Wednesday March 21, 2:00pm and 7:00pm

Emagine Willow Creek  
9900 Shelard Pkwy
Plymouth, MN 55441

I think we at least see classic films when showing, maybe share our takeaways...  I know At Emagine Willow Creek they have an area where people can chat, have coffee or whatever. It sounds like a good way to start out I think?  Other thoughts?