clarklk

Minneapolis/St. Paul local chapter

132 posts in this topic

jessica, i would love to meet and watch VERTIGO at the Emagine Willow creek with you... EWC is only 30 minutes from me. I would have to go on Sunday, 2pm or 7pm

I completely agree with you Jessica.  That would be a great way to share our love of classic movies.  I've always loved the classic films since I was in high school, many years ago.  Most people I know only want to see the new movies.  I myself do not care much for the computer generated new movies of today.  I'd much rather see the older classics.  It would be nice to share that with someone who agrees with me at least a little bit.  :) 

Fantastic!  Not sure what if anything you need to do, but glad you joined. On Sun there’s a few of us going to see Vertigo at Emagine Willow Creek at 2 if you want to come!  Is anyone else still planning to come??

• Like 1

I still plan on being there at the Emagine, Willow Creek Theater. Sunday, March 18 @ the 2 pm showing. I would like to get there about 1 hour early so I can relax and say hello

I’all be there around 1:15. Right when u walk in after giving ticket stubs, there’s a little sitting area by the concession stand. If u reach the bathroom you’ve gone to far.  There’s some chairs and tables as I recall. How does that sound?!  Unless it’s really warm outside, I’m wearing a tan, down winter coat 🧥. 

• Like 1

Sounds Great! I will have on a green fuzzy scarf, a purple flannel shirt, levi jeans and black shoes. If for any reason, I'm unable to make it Sunday at 2pm, I will check in here and let you know... See ya there!

TCMary96-  I’m really sad to say I have a bad cold that is just miserable and I don’t think I should go out today. 🤧. I’m so disappointed bc this is my favorite Hitchcock movie and I really wish I was not sick.  If there’s any way someone can post a pic of everyone I would love to see it. Again, so sorry to not be able to see this, but I’m guessing that there’s going to be other shows coming up?!  Have a great time for those who go!!  Jessica 

• Sad 1

I’m here in the comfy chairs in front of the bar in my backlot t shirt (under a cardigan + coat) looking for others!  Hope to see you soon!

I won't be able to make it to the movie today. I hope you all have a good time!

• Sad 1

Yes, 3 of us did get together. Missed those who were unable to be there with us. VERTIGO was fantastic on the big screen! The scenery in the film was gorgeous. Kim Novak will always remain beautiful. Does anyone know why, with his filmography, did Jimmy Stewart act for Hitch? My fav of Hitches movies using Jimmy Stewart is ROPE

I sure had fun meeting my fellow members and want to do this again. I will say I wont be going next month to GREASE . 

clarklk, did you express in an earlier post, the TRYLON shows classic movies at other times than TCM?

Yes, the Trylon Cinema does show the classics.   A lot of times their programming does not particularly interest me, however.  This coming week their are showing "HARAKIRI", a 1962 Japanese film.

The Heights Theatre in Columbia Heights will be starting a Hitchcock series starting at the end of this month.  On Thursday the 29th they will be showing "The Man Who Knew Too Much".  This will be the 1934 version, with Peter Lorre.  Hitch did a remake of the Movie in 1956 with Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day.

• Like 1

Yes Columbia Heights movies appeal to me too. I’ll be out of town the 28th and will go to one in April. Really missed seeing vertigo, but glad you all had fun!

• Like 1

Yesterday was fun!  Mary and I are both passing on next month's TCM/Fathom screening of Grease.  I'm up for May's Mother's Day show of Sunset Boulevard. 

I'd like to see us make our backlot status official and hope we'll attract additional members - I'm sure they're out there, reading these posts ;-)

To register as a backlot chapter we need to submit our email addresses and choose a theater.  Though it's not necessarily central for all of us, Emagine Willow Creek was a nice theater.  Should we designate that as our home base?  If you'd prefer a different one, make a case for it!  We can debate it here on the message board.

You can submit your email address to me at eklawless@gmail.com.  I'm volunteering for chapter president for this go-round too to get the ball rolling/get stuff done!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

My email: [...]. I vote for Emagine Willow Creek, it’s a great place. I can pass on Grease, but would love to see Sunset Blvd!

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited to Remove Personal Info
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mine is [...]

Darin Tysdal

Edited by TCMModerator1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

email: [...] 

I too vote Emagine Willow Creek, much nicer than the Regal in Eagan

count me in for SUNSET BLVD :)

... and yes, I will change my vote for Ellen, to be chapter president, but only this go around :)... my original vote for Clark still stands in the future <3

Edited by TCMModerator1

AAAARRRGGG!!!! They ( TCM ) mod took my email address away. Folks I don't do face????, but if it means keeping up with chapter on goings, I WILL! 

Please let me know the next step you all want to take 

They probably don't want a lot of personal email addresses on the message boards. Mine is still up, so folks can email me with information and as soon as I have five of us, I'll submit to backlot to establish the chapter.  So far I have 4 emails (mine included), so when Clark or JMBenecke (or anyone new!) weighs in we'll be good to go.  

Does someone have a clever name for our group?  If not, I'll go with Twin Cities chapter - It's dull, but descriptive!