clarklk

Minneapolis/St. Paul local chapter

132 posts in this topic

Tomorrow at 3pm CDT, the Trylon Cinema is showing "Only Angels Have Wings", with Cary Grant and Jean Arthur.   It has a 7.7 rating on imdb.  That is a very good rating!  I've never seen the picture, but I would certainly like to.

• Like 2

It's one of my favorites!  I was already planning on going to the 3:00 movie tomorrow (it's also showing 9:30 tonight [Saturday] and Sunday 5:15.  Hope to see Clark and others there!

Have a great time! Please let us, that can only be there in spirit, know how it goes. 

I have a question? Does anyone else in our chapter belong to the imDb? 

This is the International Movie Database. After you sign up it is very easy to use. This is where I go to rate ALL the movies I watch. There maybe a movie or TV show you like that gets a bumm rating (1-6) or too good of a rating (7-10) or vise verse. Well here is your chance to MAKE A DIFFERENCE! It is not just the movies on TCM but ALL new and old TV & Movies across all divides around the world. It has ALL the info about what you inquire and all the info about the actors and actress and trivia about most, that otherwise we would never know 

My son and I will see you all July 15, for BIG

• Like 1

I went to see "Only Angels..." on Friday night -- a great way to beat the heat. And it was even better on the big screen. While Rita Hayworth is only on the screen for three scenes and a few minutes, she was showcased and you can tell this was a breakout role for her. What a cast, too! Thomas Mitchell was incredible in this film, as is Jean Arthur. And Noah Beery Jr (Rocky from the Rockford Files!) has a nice bit in the first few minutes of the film. What do you all think?

On 6/30/2018 at 10:07 PM, TCMary96 said:

Have a great time! Please let us, that can only be there in spirit, know how it goes. 

I have a question? Does anyone else in our chapter belong to the imDb? 

This is the International Movie Database. After you sign up it is very easy to use. This is where I go to rate ALL the movies I watch. There maybe a movie or TV show you like that gets a bumm rating (1-6) or too good of a rating (7-10) or vise verse. Well here is your chance to MAKE A DIFFERENCE! It is not just the movies on TCM but ALL new and old TV & Movies across all divides around the world. It has ALL the info about what you inquire and all the info about the actors and actress and trivia about most, that otherwise we would never know 

My son and I will see you all July 15, for BIG

I've been using IMDb for 13 years and like it. I still rate movies there but my movie-tracking passion for the past few years has been for Letterboxd. It is movie-oriented so no TV show clutter, and the users tend to be passionate about film, so you often have excellent interactions with other movie fans there.

The links above are to my profile on both services.

Lets movie!

We are up to 19 members! 

We all have a chance to beat the heat this Sunday (7/15) with the TCM showing of Big.  Show time, as always, is 2:00 at Willow Creek Theater (just west of 169 at Shelard Parkway/Betty Crocker Blvd). We'll start gathering ~1:00 in the lobby for conversation before the movie. Maybe we should brainstorm about the Backlot 50 Fans in 50 States contest!  

If you're a chapter member or thinking about it, come and join our conversation!

Hey everyone!

am out of town until the 17th. My suggestions for TCM are Judy Garland born in grand rand prince made purple rain of course!!  Thanks Ellen!!  Jessica