Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

so he wasn't gonna do it huh? didn't have the guts huh?

29 posts in this topic

how many times do Jake and I hafta tell ya? we have a real president with real guts in donny trump! tomorry he's a gonna announce the move of our u.s. embassy from tel aviv to Jerusalem, the capital of Israel.

this'll learn ya! Donny's the real thing.

:)

1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

And why does that matter to you?

Indeed.  It reminds me of his braindead rallies in some states.  Trump announces that he is going to move the embassy and the duck dynasty crowd starts to roar  ...."YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"  It's laughable.  

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

And why does that matter to you?

I did say that Trump would wimp out and not do this.   That is what prompted him to post this.  

I was wrong and I should have realized it.     I mean, I was predicting that Trump wouldn't do something so unreasonable.     That was foolish.   When making a prediction about what Trump will do always go with the asinine or stupid.     :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I did say that Trump would wimp out and not do this.   That is what prompted him to post this.  

I was wrong and I should have realized it.     I mean, I was predicting that Trump wouldn't do something so unreasonable.     That was foolish.   When making a prediction about what Trump will do always go with the asinine or stupid.     :lol:

I still think he's going to call it off at the last minute.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Indeed.  It reminds me of his braindead rallies in some states.  Trump announces that he is going to move the embassy and the duck dynasty crowd starts to roar  ...."YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"  It's laughable.  

jerusalem has been at the center of the hebrew religion for thousands of years long before islam was born. this action says to the world that as far as the united states is concerned, jerusalem is the capitol of israel as it has been these thousands of years....

why would anyone who is truly pro-israel feel differently? trump has israel's back so unlike his predecessor.

:D

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

jerusalem has been at the center of the hebrew religion for thousands of years long before islam was born. this action says to the world that as far as the united states is concerned, jerusalem is the capitol of israel as it has been these thousands of years....

why would anyone who is truly pro-israel feel differently? trump has israel's back so unlike his predecessor.

:D

Why would anyone be truly pro-israel?   :P

15 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Why would anyone be truly pro-israel?   :P

uhhh...............

because they have been a staunch ally for almost 70 years?

liberals and democrats have no use for the respecting of long established friendships and alliances...

thankfully the GOP does.

5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

uhhh...............

because they have been a staunch ally for almost 70 years?

liberals and democrats have no use for the respecting of long established friendships and alliances...

thankfully the GOP does.

Ally in what sense?  Do mean a good client for America's military hardware?  Beyond that what else have they done but demand support?  Do you have any desire to see peace in the middle east?  A fair shake for the Palestinians?  Or are they too native or coloured for you?

• Like 1

what have pro-palestinian interests done but engage in rampant terrorism and violence since the losing of the 1967 war? a fair shake for those who have been engaging in murderous violence for decades? doan make me laugh.

a fair shake for people who celebrated the 911 attacks in the west bank even to passing out candies to children. doan make me laugh.

So Trump is about to condone Israel's illegal seizure of land contrary to International Law.  He said he would mediate peace in the middle east.  Impossible if you start by taking sides.  This will only bring more violence to the middle east and more terrorism to the Untied States.  He's an absolute idiot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

what have pro-palestinian interests done but engage in rampant terrorism and violence since the losing of the 1967 war? a fair shake for those who have been engaging in murderous violence for decades? doan make me laugh.

a fair shake for people who celebrated the 911 attacks in the west bank even to passing out candies to children. doan make me laugh.

I clearly don't support the Palestinians and agree that a core part of their leadership is lead by terrorist.  I can't until they support the right of Israel to exist and accept them as a independent nation.

BUT I also don't support Israel, totally" and therefore are not 'truly Pro-Israel' (your choice of words).  E.g. the building of settlements. 

I.e. there is nuance here instead of just being black and white. 

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

Nipkow- their land was invaded by others and their people slaughtered. There's violence on both sides and instead of trying to achieve peace Trump is just escalating things. He was just meeting with Arab leaders a few months ago and now he does this. They probably feel they can't trust him.

• Like 1

Since when can't a country pick its own capital? The Palestinians had their chance to sign a deal and walked away, so they have no right to complain about this.

• Like 1

"Mahmoud Abbas has lambasted the US decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital, saying the Palestinian leadership refuses to acknowledge President Donald Trump's contentious move.

Calling Jerusalem the "eternal capital of the State of Palestine", the president of the Palestinian Authority said on Wednesday the US could no longer be a mediator in Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations....

...."Trump was a parrot, repeating after Netanyahu in terms of everything that we know today about Israel's position on Palestine," he said.

"There is something dramatic new in what Trump said this evening, wrapped up in a language of peace and civility.

"In fact, this was a declaration of war against the Palestinian people and their rights, and against the international community and its commitment to international law and to a two-state solution."....

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/mahmoud-abbas-lambasts-trump-decision-jerusalem-171206184655902.html

6 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Since when can't a country pick its own capital? The Palestinians had their chance to sign a deal and walked away, so they have no right to complain about this.

I remember how close an agreement was under clinton and israeli pm ehud barak....and the arafat PLO negotiators just walked away leaving israeli negotiators incredulous. israel had even offered to build access roads so that arab muslims could worship at mosques within the city of jerusalem and the PLO negotiators just walked away from that deal.

right then and there there coulda been peace but the arafat PLO berserkers wouldn't have it so spare me the palestinians are victims BS because it is BS.

Since he's not Person of the Year for Time magazine, Trump decides to announce news about Jerusalem on the same day (Dec. 6).  Thus taking the spotlight away from 'The Silence Breakers' in the news. Typical of Trump...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, noah80 said:

Since he's not Person of the Year for Time magazine, Trump decides to announce news about Jerusalem on the same day (Dec. 6).  Thus taking the spotlight away from 'The Silence Breakers' in the news. Typical of Trump...

trump being an  accused serial sexual harasser may have had something to do with it as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When it comes to foreign policy, Trump just gives stuff away.  I thought he was supposed to be the great negotiator, the great deal maker.  This Jerusalem move hurts our allies like Jordan and Saudi Arabia.  What concessions from Israel to try and garner peace with Palestinians?  Nothing.  Just more unrest in the world.  Trump pulls out of the Trans Pacific Partnership to the delight of China.  He has no interest in alternative energy - just leaves that growing market to China as well.  He can't stand up to Putin because Putin has the goods on him.  He's an idiot with no sense of history; not only the most dangerous president we've had but also the dumbest.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

When it comes to foreign policy, Trump just gives stuff away.  I thought he was supposed to be the great negotiator, the great deal maker.  This Jerusalem move hurts our allies like Jordan and Saudi Arabia.  What concessions from Israel to try and garner peace with Palestinians?  Nothing.  Just more unrest in the world.  Trump pulls out of the Trans Pacific Partnership to the delight of China.  He has no interest in alternative energy - just leaves that growing market to China as well.  He can't stand up to Putin because Putin has the goods on him.  He's an idiot with no sense of history; not only the most dangerous president we've had but also the dumbest.  

yes, he's our deplora...I mean our adorable Donny! warts and all, we think he's great.:D

45 minutes ago, noah80 said:

are you in love with Donald Trump?

it's ok to admit it

no, I am just tickled to no end that he has become the bane of all american liberalism.

Related image

God Reveals Jerusalem Actually Only 87th Holiest Site On Earth

THE HEAVENS—Expressing disbelief of the fuss being made over the Middle Eastern city, our Lord and King of the Heavens, God, reportedly revealed Thursday that Jerusalem was actually only the 87th holiest site on Earth. “It’s not like Jerusalem isn’t sacred, but it’s way less holy than places like Lima, Peru or Cedar Rapids, Iowa,” said our Heavenly Father, adding that the majority of locations on the planet that rank in the top 10 of blessedness have not even been discovered let alone recognized as such, and they possess much more merit as hallowed ground than Jerusalem. “It doesn’t hold a candle to that little village in Siberia where I appeared and hung out doing miracles for a whole week. Honestly, once Jesus left, Jerusalem lost a lot of relevance.” God added that Earth itself was pretty low on the list of sanctified planets the Lord Almighty had created.

https://www.theonion.com/god-reveals-jerusalem-actually-only-87th-holiest-site-o-1821089078

• Haha 1