Sign in to follow this  
TomJH

Memorable One Shot Deals - Actors/Actresses Only Co-Starred Once

33 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The Whales of August,  with Davis, Gish,  and Price all dying fairly shortly after the film was released.  Only Ann Sothern lived beyond a decade.  

They're both movies that I'm glad were made whilst the opportunity was there.

25 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Bogie and Barbara Stanwyck only ever worked together in The Two Mrs. Carrolls.

Yea,  and while the film does have it moments it isn't as good as one would expect given the acting chops of those two.    But the outdoor lunch scene where Alexis Smith gets her claws out is one for the ages.

Unless there's something really obvious I'm just not thinking of right now, I'm going to say legendary stars James Stewart and Bette Davis never worked together until the extremely depressing 1983 made-for-HBO movie Right of Way

3 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Has any film had so many cast members pass away so shortly after filming ended? Within less than a decade, I think Gable, Monroe, Clift, and Thelma Ritter would all be gone.

The only other film I can think of that had so many cast members pass away within such a short time is the ill-fated Conqueror film starring John Wayne as Genghis Kahn. 

All three of the leads from Rebel Without a Cause, met tragic ends. James Dean was killed in a car crash, Sal Mineo was murdered, and Natalie Wood died under what many believe to be under suspicious circumstances.

Katharine Hepburn did her one teamings with the following actors: John Wayne (in Rooster Cogburn), Henry Fonda (On Golden Pond) and Laurence Olivier (Love Among the Ruins), each towards the twilight years, and in Wayne and Fonda's cases, toward the end of their lives.

Bette Davis and Spencer Tracy in 20,000 Years in Sing Sing.

I believe the only film James Stewart and Clark Gable were both in was Wife vs. Secretary, and they don't have any scenes together.

1 hour ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Katharine Hepburn did her one teamings with the following actors: John Wayne (in Rooster Cogburn), Henry Fonda (On Golden Pond) and Laurence Olivier (Love Among the Ruins), each towards the twilight years, and in Wayne and Fonda's cases, toward the end of their lives.

Other than Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, I'm not immediately thinking of any leading man Katharine Hepburn worked with more than once! Sorry if some of these have been mentioned already, but you've got just one pairing with:

Humphrey Bogart (The African Queen)

Peter O'Toole (The Lion in Winter)

Bob Hope (The Iron Petticoat)

Burt Lancaster (The Rainmaker)

Rossano Brazzi (Summertime)

Robert Taylor and Robert Mitchum (both in Undercurrent)

Fred MacMurray (Alice Adams)

Paul Lukas (Little Women)

Colin Clive (Christopher Strong)