Sign in to follow this  
yanceycravat

Any news regarding what TCM is showing on the 13th?

41 posts in this topic

The December Now Playing Guide states that TCM viewers can tune in at 8:00 PM for what they're calling "an exclusive announcement and night of programming." TCM's head of programming, Charlie Tabesh, has reported that the evening of programming on December 13th will be a "total surprise." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Barton_Keyes said:

The December Now Playing Guide states that TCM viewers can tune in at 8:00 PM for what they're calling "an exclusive announcement and night of programming." TCM's head of programming, Charlie Tabesh, has reported that the evening of programming on December 13th will be a "total surprise." 

God help us if the "surprise" is Hot Spell

I'm setting my DVR to record regardless.  It could end up being something that I already own like It's a Wonderful Life, or it could end up being something really cool! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

God help us if the "surprise" is Hot Spell

I'm setting my DVR to record regardless.  It could end up being something that I already own like It's a Wonderful Life, or it could end up being something really cool! 

An announcement that all the previously-believed "lost" movies from Fox, Universal, and Paramount have been FOUND, and February will be a binge-watching festival of out-of-house titles never before seen on TCM.

Oh yes, and Hot Spell will be shown on the 13th.  In color.  And then in B&W.  In that order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

An announcement that all the previously-believed "lost" movies from Fox, Universal, and Paramount have been FOUND, and February will be a binge-watching festival of out-of-house titles never before seen on TCM.

Oh yes, and Hot Spell will be shown on the 13th.  In color.  And then in B&W.  In that order.

Lol.  Then it'll be shown in 3D and then the "live" musical version starring Carrie Underwood.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

What is this evening being billed as (in terms of theme)...anyone know?

The weekly schedule showed "Star of the Month" when I last looked - but that could just be a placeholder.

8 minutes ago, limey said:

The weekly schedule showed "Star of the Month" when I last looked - but that could just be a placeholder.

We'll need to mention which films actually air tomorrow night, so we have a record of it in this thread, since the online schedule won't provide those details.

6 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

We'll need to mention which films actually air tomorrow night, so we have a record of it in this thread, since the online schedule won't provide those details.

If it is actually films - it might turn out to be 10 hours of Pete Smith's finest, especially for sewhite. :D

Either way, I'm sure the details will end up being documented in this thread - if the mysterious TBA was intended to drum up some curiosity & interest, it seems to be working.

Has anybody noticed any schedule details leaking onto their Tivo/DVR guides?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, limey said:

Has anybody noticed any schedule details leaking onto their Tivo/DVR guides?

My Comcast/Xfinity DVR schedule only says "Movie TBA" as one long block of programming from 8 PM until 4 AM, and then another "Movie TBA" from 4 AM to 6 AM.

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

My Comcast/Xfinity DVR schedule only says "Movie TBA" as one long block of programming from 8 PM until 4 AM, and then another "Movie TBA" from 4 AM to 6 AM.

OMG!!!

And MINE does INDEED show "Hot Spell" in B&W starting at 6pm, "Hot Spell" in color starting at 8pm, "Hot Spell" in 3D starting at 10pm (btw these are of course in local Arizona Time) AND an old MTV video of Donna Summer singing "Hot Stuff" starting at midnight!

(...and so it looks like speedy and MCOH win the prize here)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

and then another "Movie TBA" from 4 AM to 6 AM

The Monthly schedule shows Ben-Hur (1959) from 4-8 AM on the 14th. No idea if that may be a clue to what comes before.

I'm rather hoping that Dargo's DVR turns out to be the real deal & that I get to smoke some of whatever he's apparently got access to... :P

• Haha 2

Well, let's just hope it isn't a ten hour broadcast of a sign saying, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

35 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Well, let's just hope it isn't a ten hour broadcast of a sign saying, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Well, I certainly hope not TOO, Tom.

But I gotta say ten hours of that yule log video might be a festive little touch for our viewing pleasure anyway, wouldn't ya say?!

(...although because that thing DOES kind'a give one a nice warm and cozy little feeling on a cold winter's evening, for YOUR sake I ESPECIALLY hope TCM wouldn't preempt it for you Canadians like they have done with so many other features in the past)

Whatever this mysterious event is, I'm surprised TCM hasn't hyped it up a bit somewhere. They could have had a whole series of promos leading up to the Mystery Day that might have generated some buzz, rather than just more Wine Club promos.

Anyhoo, I'll be sitting in front of my TV at 8 pm (actually 7 pm my time) tomorrow night to see what it's all about!

The Monthly schedule shows Ben-Hur (1959) from 4-8 AM on the 14th.

You must be in Mountain Time, because I'm in Eastern, and the schedule lists Ben-Hur as starting at 6:00 AM.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, I certainly hope not TOO, Tom.

But I gotta say ten hours of that yule log video might be a festive little touch for our viewing pleasure anyway, wouldn't ya say?!

(...although because that thing DOES kind'a give one a nice warm little feeling on a cold winter's evening, for YOUR sake I ESPECIALLY hope TCM wouldn't preempt for you Canadians like they have done with so many other features in the past)

On the positive side, Dargo, if the channel does have a ten hour "Merry Christmas" sign there won't any posters on these boards complaining the next day about the political nature of the host's comments.

• Haha 1

I always hoped they'd give us all of the private screenings Robert did in one evening, but I don't think ten hours is enough time. Not for all of them. There is also the problem that somebody might tune in during the middle and somehow believe Robert is still alive.

If it's a success, I suppose they will do it again in 2018. My guess is they're going to have a surprise guest or two.

3 hours ago, TomJH said:

I wouldn't mind that. :D