Sign in to follow this  
LawrenceA

Annihilation (2018)

4 posts in this topic

The first trailer for the upcoming SF movie Annihilation has been released. It's from writer-director Alex Garland who helmed Ex Machina as well as writing the screenplays for 28 Days LaterSunshineNever Let Me Go, and Dredd.

• Like 2

I saw that trailer in theater when seeing the Last Jedi. Definitely getting "Arrival" vibes from it. Looks like a similar story/ concept.

7 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

I saw that trailer in theater when seeing the Last Jedi. Definitely getting "Arrival" vibes from it. Looks like a similar story/ concept.

Since posting the trailer, I've read about some behind-the-scenes difficulties pertaining to the filmmakers producing it in conjunction with Netflix, and that Netflix has decided that while the movie will be distributed to theaters in the US, they will not do so elsewhere in the world, opting to release it on demand/streaming and disc. Their reasoning is that the movie has tested as being "too intellectual". The director and one of the producers are upset and have threatened legal action, which may hold up the movie's release everywhere until it's resolved.

"Their reasoning is that the movie has tested as being "too intellectual". The director and one of the producers are upset and have threatened legal action, which may hold up the movie's release everywhere until it's resolved. "

So Netflix is just like the big Hollywood studios who want big dumb movies?  The trailer looks interesting

• Like 1