FilmAvocate

TCM Backlot Local - Middle Tennessee

29 posts in this topic

Anyone out there interested in starting a local Backlot chapter in Middle Tennessee? Lots of great opportunities in Nashville and Franklin for classic film fans. Looking forward to replies to this thread.

Zero interest. You are the only person to respond. I am also in Franklin and go to some of the classic film offerings at the Franklin Theatre.

I would love to join.  I live near Vanderbilt.  I am a 1993 MFA graduate of NYU Film School, Cinema Studies.  I was a student of the late film historian/collector/archivist William K. Everson, who supervised my graduate thesis.  I would be happy to help organize a chapter and any meetings.

Hello FilmAvocate.....

I would love to start/be a member of a Backlot chapter here in middle TN.   I live in Franklin.    Are you guys still interested?

Ok,  well there seems to be enough interest.   If we can just get the others to answer or reply maybe this can be done.

I just joined and would love to be in on this. I was hoping to find others interested in a chapter. I'm in South Nashville (Brentwood/Nipper's Corner). Anyone still out there?

Good! That's two of us. Just need 3 more. I'm not sure how else to reach out, although I did put something on the Facebook page as well. Please join us!

I posted about a month ago on this thread asking if the posters are still interested .....only response came from the PHNbear...... I'll post on social media and see if I get anyone.    

I just found this thread and didn't realize that people in the greater Nashville area/Middle TN were interested in starting a Backlot chapter. I'm in Mt. Juliet and would love to join!

• Like 1

Great, oldmoviegirl! I'm going to message others in this thread who expressed interest in the past and see if we can scrape together at least two more people to get this going. Cross your fingers.

• Like 2

I'm in Shelbyville -- only been in Backlot a little over a month, and only logged onto the forums tonight. I would love to see a local chapter!

• Like 1

Yay, LakeNeuron! Now we just lack one person. I fear the folks who expressed interest months or years ago don't remember to check the forum (and I don't blame them), so we'll just keep waiting. Drag a friend along if you know anyone who wants to join Backlot or is already a member!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 8:36 PM, Iwatchmovies said:

Ok,  well there seems to be enough interest.   If we can just get the others to answer or reply maybe this can be done.

I say we plan as though we have enough and keep asking and then hopefully we'll get our 5th person.   There has to be someone out there who would like to do this with us.   

• Like 1

Hey!

I live in Lawrenceburg, TN and would love to have a Middle TN group. Nashville would work great for me. Just let me know what you need from me!

Posted (edited)

It may be  easier to keep in touch with each other through email, it’s easy to overlook the message board lol. 

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited to remove personal information

Posted (edited)

The site says that this is what we need to do:

We give them the name and location of our Chapter

Names of members and email addresses

a Volunteer to be the President of chapter

Nearest movie theater

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited to remove personal information

Posted (edited)

Awesome!  I'm happy to be the point person if no one else wants to.

Cathi

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited to remove Personal information.
  • Like 2