Sign in to follow this  
CaveGirl

Can't Miss Movie Bits

29 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

2 delightful scenes...

in White Heat cody remembers parker being in a car trunk and asks how he's doing...

"how ya doin' in there, parker"

it's stuffy in here. I need some air."

"stuffy uh? I'll give ya a little air."

;)

then in What about bob? when dr. marvin gets sprayed with mud from a passing vehicle...

"sonafabitchin' bob!":lol:

OMG, NIP! You've mentioned one of my favorite movies that my brother turned me on to..."What About Bob?"

Anything in that movie can contain a favorite never miss scene. Thanks so much for reminding me about it, Nipster.

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2017 at 4:19 PM, Dargo said:

The maestro taps his baton and the orchestra begins playing the overture to Verdi's Il Trovatore. Just as the first page of music is finished and the Maestro and the musicians turn the page, due to the rather strange insertion of a totally different song, , the orchestra then begins playing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame", and whereupon two of the "newer" members of the orchestra, a trombone player and the pianist begin playing a game of catch within the orchestra pit. A man sporting a rather distinctive mustache then begins walking down the opera house's aisle and exclaims, "Peanuts?! Peanuts! Get your fresh roasted peanuts, folks!" while throwing bags of them at members of the audience.

(...yep, there's ya a scene in a particular favorite movie of mine that I'd watch just by itself, over and over and over again alright)

Yeah, yeah, yeah...really? That's the best you can come up with, Dargo? Don't you ever watch any other people in movies than your favorites? I pity you. Try to expand your horizons and watch a little Harry Langdon or maybe even the Ritz Brothers...okay?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...really? That's the best you can come up with, Dargo? Don't you ever watch any other people in movies than your favorites? I pity you. Try to expand your horizons and watch a little Harry Langdon or maybe even the Ritz Brothers...okay?

Ahem...excuse me here CG, but wasn't the following the very first sentence of your OP in this tread?...

"Even though I've seen some movies scads of times, and even own the darn thing on DVD, if one with a favorite scene is on, I might just have to watch a minute or two of the film, to enjoy a great bit."

And then didn't you go on about as an example of this you mentioned Donald O'Connor's "Make 'Em Laugh" sequence in Singin' in the Rain ?

(...btw, in SITR which is another favorite of mine too, I'd have picked the "Moses Supposes" routine in this regard)

And so, I thought the very premise of your thread was to elicit people to recall a particular scene in a much loved and many times watched movie by them, and which would perhaps cause them to stop and watch that sequence yet again if they would happen upon up it while TCM was showing it.

And so, that is what I did here. If I would happen upon the "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" part in A Night at the Opera while TCM was showing it, I'd most likely do what you said and "have to watch a minute or two of the film" yet again, also.

(...and btw again...over the years I've only caught but a little of Langdon and the Ritz Bros stuff, and just enough to know that neither of these acts will ever be performers of whom I'll ever see "scads of times", and because in my estimation at least, their stuff will never ever compare favorably with the antics of Harpo, Chico and Groucho)

• Like 2

Oh, geez! Trying to make me feel guilty, Dargo. Sure I said all that but I expected more of you than just a rehash of your Marx Brothers addiction and I was going to say you were a "bad man" and should be sent to "the cornfield" where all the Groucho jokes come from but now I'm relenting since you've written such a nice thread and are making me look bad.

Thanks a lot and to apologize be watching in your mailbox for an autographed photo of George Fenneman!