Sign in to follow this  
Iamaman1977

My New Fanfiction Series

21 posts in this topic

Hi! I am Iamaman1977!  I am currently a fanfiction screenplay writer on a community called Wikia and/or Fandom.  Some of you may have heard of that community, some of you haven't heard of it but either way that's okay.

Anyways, for those of you that heard of or seen this movie which is a crime and film noir drama from 1956 called "A Cry in the Night", I am getting ready to write my own black and white colored live action spin-off comedy teen sitcom series based on that 1956 movie, and that new spin-off series is called, "Elizabeth Taggart: The Series".  Apparently, you won't find this series on the television screen, but you'll find some episode screenplays on the wikia website I created which is linked right here: http://elizabeth-taggart-the-series.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Taggart:_The_Series_Wiki.  The teen sitcom series is about a teenage girl named Elizabeth Taggart in the mid 1950's who is a really nice and girly in her high school life and gets into some messy situations.  

For those of you that have seen the movie "A Cry in the Night (1956)", to me it's a really good movie, and you'll notice that all of the characters that were in the movie are going to be in this fan-made show I came up with, plus I came up with 2 new teenage characters that were not in the movie.  This series has a total of 4 seasons I am going to be writing a total of 65 episodes.  I am also going to be writing 2 two-part special episodes which is a Pre-Story and a Post Story from the movie ACITN.  There will be a two-part special episode leading in prior to the movie which is the Season 3 finale, and there will be a two-part special that take place following the movie which  is the Season 4 opening.  But anyways, you'll find more information about this series on the link I posted above.

Now I do have a question for you guys.  Now that wikia website I just mentioned, I do have an "A Cry in the Night" article on the website I mentioned.  I do know that this TCM Website has 3 movie clips of ACITN, so here is the question, and I'm making this a "yes" or "no" question.  I want to add those 3 movie clips the ACITN article on the wikia I created, so if I add those 3 movie clips on that movie themed wikia article, would that be violating any licenses by doing so?

But anyways, feel free to check out my newest wikia "Elizabeth Taggart: The Series" today, and when you guys read the episode screenplays, feel free to use your imagination.  But if you don't want to plan to read the series, that's okay, nobody is forcing you.  So anyways, feel free to check it out today.

Thank you!!!

I'd much rather you did an illustrated comic strip based on either Attack of the 50 Foot Woman or Village of the Giants...

:D

Image result for joy harmon young

• Haha 2

Sounds like an ambitious project '77.  I wish you good luck with all your effort.

I haven't seen the movie in question, so if I find the time I'll try to check it out. :)

And welcome here, and don't be a stranger.  Just cut back the "spam" and join in on any other discussions. ;)

Sepiatone

Thank you so much for welcoming me here!

Now, I did ask a question on my top post that has not yet been answered.  I have this wikia article right here: http://elizabeth-taggart-the-series.wikia.com/wiki/A_Cry_in_the_Night, and this TCM website has 3 movie clips from the 1956 movie, "A Cry in the Night".  I really want to add those 3 video clips to the ACITN article I just mentioned.  If I add those clips to the wikia article, would that be violating any license?  

I really hope it doesn't, because I really want to add them to the wikia article.

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Iamaman1977 said:

Thank you so much for welcoming me here!

Now, I did ask a question on my top post that has not yet been answered.  I have this wikia article right here: http://elizabeth-taggart-the-series.wikia.com/wiki/A_Cry_in_the_Night, and this TCM website has 3 movie clips from the 1956 movie, "A Cry in the Night".  I really want to add those 3 video clips to the ACITN article I just mentioned.  If I add those clips to the wikia article, would that be violating any license?  

I really hope it doesn't, because I really want to add them to the wikia article.

Thank you!!!

Hello

We are not qualified here on the Message Boards to answer questions about copyright, and we would hate to steer you in the wrong direction. 

Sorry we can't be of more help! 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TCMModerator1 said:

Hello

We are not qualified here on the Message Boards to answer questions about copyright, and we would hate to steer you in the wrong direction. 

Okay!  I understand that!  But where do I ask or who should I contact about the wikia video thing if the message board doesn't take those things?  

8 hours ago, Iamaman1977 said:

Okay!  I understand that!  But where do I ask or who should I contact about the wikia video thing if the message board doesn't take those things?  

The question of copyright usually involves legal issues. I apologize, but the best answer I can give you is to seek legal advice. 

I'm not a lawyer, but I am a writer and deal with copyright issues all the time.

Short answer: you probably can't use them. If TCM doesn't own the movie, they can't give you the right to use those clips because their license doesn't allow them to give anyone any rights to the material.  

Copyright law does allow using extracts of a work for academic/informational/news purposes and for satirical pieces, but that quickly becomes a quagmire. Some copyright holders play hardball -- anything used without their permission automatically generates a cease-and-desist letter to the ISP hosting the site. The typical ISP response is to delete the user's site without notice or recourse because anything else might mean defending themselves in court. 

My advice (which is worth exactly what you're paying for it) is to send the copyright holder a polite e-mail requesting the right to post extracts. Some will send you a link to their policy page detailing who can use what, where, and how much can be used without paying for it. Some will simply say yes or no. A few won't respond at all. 

If the rights are available, you might be better off finding a copy of the movie and making your own clips -- the work of finding appropriate scenes, the editing, and/or any applied logo can be considered as adding exclusive value which has some copyright protection. 

The basic rule about copyright issues: If there's a question, walk away. It's usually far too much work to iron things out and way too expensive if you make a mistake. 

I too, don't understand a lot of copyright issues.  The best I can do ya is offer the same advice I do concerning just about anything....

When in doubt, don't.

Sepiatone

19 hours ago, Iamaman1977 said:

He/she is saying you're not allowed to use it and are trying to be nice about it. :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

He/she is saying you're not allowed to use it and are trying to be nice about it. :rolleyes: 

yeah, I was nice enough to offer 50 foot woman advice too.:D

On 12/21/2017 at 2:45 AM, Iamaman1977 said:

Hi! I am Iamaman1977!  I am currently a fanfiction screenplay writer on a community called Wikia and/or Fandom.  Some of you may have heard of that community, some of you haven't heard of it but either way that's okay.

The only fan fiction (Fandom) stuff I've seen are animated.

http://ben10fanfiction.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_10_Fan_Fiction

Definition..

http://southparkfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fanfiction

650?cb=20130326232413

There are movie fan writers that like to combine sci fy universes i.e. Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, etc.

This is an excellent one...

Capuchin, Okay!  Looks like you said it all.  I guess I'll wait and see if those clips get added on YouTube someday, even though I don't have a YouTube account.  So thank you!!!

Okay!  That's enough of that! :P

11 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

yeah, I was nice enough to offer 50 foot woman advice too.:D

NipkowDisc, about the 50 foot woman and giant idea, heck no!  I'm not doing that idea.  I am nice enough to tell you that if you don't like the idea of my new fan-made series ETTS, you don't have to read it.

And to everyone else, I really hope that you guys are excited for the Pilot episode being released, and I am looking at releasing the Pilot screenplay on Friday, January 12.  But if I have to reschedule the pilot screenplay release, I'll let you guys know.  

Again, thank you!!!

13 hours ago, Iamaman1977 said:

Capuchin, Okay!  Looks like you said it all.  I guess I'll wait and see if those clips get added on YouTube someday, even though I don't have a YouTube account.  So thank you!!!

Okay!  That's enough of that! :P

NipkowDisc, about the 50 foot woman and giant idea, heck no!  I'm not doing that idea.  I am nice enough to tell you that if you don't like the idea of my new fan-made series ETTS, you don't have to read it.

And to everyone else, I really hope that you guys are excited for the Pilot episode being released, and I am looking at releasing the Pilot screenplay on Friday, January 12.  But if I have to reschedule the pilot screenplay release, I'll let you guys know.  

Again, thank you!!!

Image result for 50 foot woman diorama

Hey guys!  I just came to let you guys know that release date for the Pilot episode of ETTS has been rescheduled and postponed to Friday, February 9th.  Just to let you guys know!

Hmm!  I think I'm gonna like this TCM Message Board thing! :)

Hey guys!!!   The Pilot episode of ETTS has been rescheduled again!  This time I am planning to release the pilot screenplay on Friday, March 9th!  I hope you guys are excited for it.  But if I reschedule it again, then I don't know when I'll release it then.  Just to let you guys know!!!

Hey, what's up guys!  This is Wikia (a.k.a. Fandom) fanfiction writer Iamaman1977 and boy-oh-boy it has been a while since I last made a post on this thread.   During the winter time of late 2017 and early 2018, I did tell you guys about my newest fanfiction series which my own black and white colored live action comedy teen sitcom series called, "Elizabeth Taggart: The Series", and I did say that this series I'm writing is a spin-off series of the 1956 movie "A Cry in the Night" (ACITN).    

So right now, I like to take this opportunity to tell you guys about the characters being featured in this series which is the characters that were in the movie "ACITN".  However, there are two new characters that I made that did not appear in the movie ACITN.  There are a total of 8 good characters in this series.  Now, keep in mind the personality of the characters are not officially set, but I myself will add the character personalities when the correct time comes.  So here we go!

Recurring Characters:

We'll start with the 2 characters that did not appear in the film ACITN.

Ross Workmen: (Born on October 17, 1937) He is the first character out of two recurring characters that did not appear in the movie "A Cry in the Night".  He is going to be a little bit of a geeky and nerdy (but he doesn't wear glasses though).  He is not dimwitted but he will be saying all of random things.

Kayla Hughes: (Born on February 5, 1938) She is the second recurring character out of two that did not appear in the movie "A Cry in the Night".  She is known to be Liz's best friend and is also a friend to Ross.  She is known a very smart girl and is the brains meaning she is really good in math, science, history, etc.

Now we'll talk about the other recurring characters that did appear in the move ACITN.

Edward "Ed" Bates: (Born on August 10, 1903) He is the oldest character in this series.  He is known to be a friend and colleague to Dan Taggart and is known to be a police captain.  After seeing him in the movie ACITN, it does look like he seems to know the Taggart family very well, which is why Ed will be one of the recurring characters.  In the movie ACITN, Ed was portrayed by actor "Brian Donlevy".

Owen Clark: (Born on January 8, 1930) He is going to be introduced in Season 3 of ETTS.  He will start out to be the recurring character in Season 3 and at the beginning of Season 4 which is after ACITN, he will be a main character.   He is known to be Liz's boyfriend in this series and as mentioned in the movie, he is an automobile salesman.   In the movie ACITN, Owen was portrayed by "Richard Anderson".

Main Characters:

Now, in the order of the opening theme song sequene, I will tell you guys about the main characters.

Daniel "Dan" Taggart: (Born on November 24, 1911) He is known to be Liz's father in this series.  He is also known to be a police captain in this series.  In Seasons 1, 2 & 3 of ETTS, you guys are going to notice that Dan is an overprotective father since we saw him as overprotective in the movie ACITN, but at the end of the movie ACITN and at the beginning of Season 4, that changes.  In the movie ACITN, Dan was portrayed by "Edmond O'Brien".

Helen Taggart: (Born on June 16, 1912) She is known to be Liz's mother in this series.  She is known to be a stay at home housewife and I can tell that it is known that she is a very supportive mother in this series.  In the movie ACITN, Helen was portrayed by "Irene Hervey".

Madge Taggart: (Born on May 3, 1918) She is known to be Liz's aunt and she is also known to be Dan's younger sister.   She is in her 30's  and she never got married.  Although, she is a main character, she is going to be absent in some episodes of the ETTS series.  Now I do need to mention this part, in the movie ACITN, it is mentioned by Helen that she is 37 years old, but for this part, I will tell you that, I'm having Liz's kidnapping take place on the overnight hours of Saturday, April 7, 1956, which explains why she is 37 years old in the movie.  That should make sense to you guys.  In the movie ACITN, Madge was portrayed by "Mary Lawrence"

And now, here is the main protagonist of ETTS.

Elizabeth "Liz" Taggart: (Born on March 1, 1938) She is known to be the main character and the main protagonist of this series.  She is known to be the youngest character in this series.  She will be known to be a very sweet, nice and kind teenage girly girl in this series.  Liz wears dresses and knee length skirts non-stop in this series.  She is also known to be the most clumsiness character, and she will be the most funniest character in the this series.   You guys are going to notice that Liz will be breaking fourth wall by talking to the audience and I decided to make her a very talented tennis player.  Like I said before, she will be the most funniest character in the series.  In the movie ACITN, Liz was portrayed by "Natalie Wood".

And that's it!  Now for this post I made about the characters, I did include their birthdays in this post, now keep in mind, the characters birthdays does not and it won't have to match the cast members birthday, which is a part of making television characters, and also, I did mention earlier that this fanfiction television series takes place in the mid 1950's.  So if you guys see the character articles on the ETTS Wikia, do not change the birthdays.

Now please do not make any criticism or objections about the characters or any other stuff that I'll mention about "Elizabeth Taggart: The Series".  

Now stay tuned for my next post sometime later, and my next post will be about the episodes of the ETTS series.  

Thank you!!!

Hey guys!  Sometime soon, I am going to tell you guys about the episodes of my new incoming fanfiction series "Elizabeth Taggart: The Series", so stay tuned for my next post about the episodes coming soon.

Now, for this short post, I did mention the 1956 movie "A Cry in the Night" a lot of times.  I do want let you guys know that "A Cry in the Night" will be airing tomorrow afternoon on TCM at 2:45 PM EDT.  So if you're watching that movie tomorrow, be sure to check you local listings and enjoy the movie.

Well ladies and gentlemen, the movie "A Cry in the Night" aired on TCM today and the movie ended over a half-an-hour ago, and yes, I did watch on my television screen and it was awesome.   Today, was the first time ever that I saw the ACITN on the television.  The first time I ever saw that movie, it was on YouTube, and I do remember watching it for the first time ever on YouTube on a Friday afternoon in September of 2012, and after that I watched it again and again and saw it millions of times throughout 2012-2013, and today, for me, first time ever on the television screen.

Thank you so much TCM for airing this movie.  I really hope to see it on my television screen again soon.

In my new fanfiction series "Elizabeth Taggart: The Series", we get to see continuation of these characters.  So my next post I will tell you guys about my episodes of ETTS that I'm planning to write, and stay tuned for my episode information coming soon!!!  ???