Sign in to follow this  
Dai69

Carrie Fisher

18 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Dai69 said:

TCM Forgot Carrie Fisher on their In Memoriam! Sad Commentary. I've lost respect for TCM! Dai69

TCM did, in fact, deliver due honours - see my earlier post on this below.

http://forums.tcm.com/topic/158136-tcm-remembers-2017/?do=findComment&comment=1625020

Original 2016 TCM Remembers version:

Updated 2016 version:

Carrie's spot is at approx 3m 41s.

Edited by limey
Included both edits of the 2016 TCM Remembers
  • Like 1

I realize it was late in the year when Carrie Fisher died. But her mother passed away the next day. Why wasn't she included immediately?

24 minutes ago, jakeem said:

I realize it was late in the year when Carrie Fisher died. But her mother passed away the next day. Why wasn't she included immediately?

IIRC, they updated the 2016 Remembers for Carrie on Dec 28th, the day after she passed - with Debbie's passing the same day as that last update, I imagine that there wasn't time/staff still available over the holiday period, to make a further change. Additionally, with it coming so close to the end of the remaining period when the 2016 Remembers would be shown, they may have considered it too short a period to acknowledge Debbie (Carrie's inclusion could be considered on the edge, since it was so late in the month that some folks probably never saw that update).

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

People need to pass at a more convenience time.  :blink:

• Haha 2

I've watched the 2016 "In Memoriam" several times now, and STILL cannot find Carrie Fisher's tribute... *sigh* Even if it IS there, at marker 3:41, it must just be a flash.

TCM had the PERFECT segue way shot, to insert Carrie right after her mother... Debbie Reynolds kissing her baby girl, Carrie... followed by Carrie's tribute! 

C'mon TCM folks! Your editors HAD to have seen that opening! Y'all need to head back to the editing bay and splice Carrie's tribute in. Especially considering the way her mother went... unable to go on without her daughter, she just followed her. What amazing ladies they were...🎭

Fisher is in the final cut version, at around the 3:41 mark, in between Zsa Zsa Gabor and Gene Wilder.

19 hours ago, Dai69 said:

TCM Forgot Carrie Fisher on their In Memoriam! Sad Commentary. I've lost respect for TCM! Dai69

wine is all that matters now.

2 hours ago, RippersPet said:

I've watched the 2016 "In Memoriam" several times now, and STILL cannot find Carrie Fisher's tribute... *sigh* Even if it IS there, at marker 3:41, it must just be a flash.

Oops, my bad. I viewed both versions off youtube & pasted the wrong one - teach me to edit my post's before morning caffeine consumption has kicked in.

LawrenceA's posted the updated one (and I'll re-edit my original link).

TCM had the PERFECT segue way shot, to insert Carrie right after her mother... Debbie Reynolds kissing her baby girl, Carrie... followed by Carrie's tribute! 

C'mon TCM folks! Your editors HAD to have seen that opening! Y'all need to head back to the editing bay and splice Carrie's tribute in. Especially considering the way her mother went... unable to go on without her daughter, she just followed her. What amazing ladies they were...

Much appreciation to LawrenceA, for posting the final cut of last year's "In Memoriam". That clears up the whole 3:41 marker(there or not?) 

Still feel as though Ms.Fisher's tribute would've been better directly following her mother's. Would have been eversomuch more impactful... Right? Besides, they passed within a day of each other. How does that translate to mother being in 2017 tribute and daughter being in 2016? 

Just sayin'... 

25 minutes ago, RippersPet said:

Much appreciation to LawrenceA, for posting the final cut of last year's "In Memoriam". That clears up the whole 3:41 marker(there or not?) 

5a402dc2a0741_TCMRemembers20161228.thumb.jpg.1199b4a087b3675c94fcbd27a5259bc0.jpg

26 minutes ago, RippersPet said:

Still feel as though Ms.Fisher's tribute would've been better directly following her mother's. Would have been eversomuch more impactful... Right? Besides, they passed within a day of each other. How does that translate to mother being in 2017 tribute and daughter being in 2016? 

See my earlier post - they had to have some cut-off point for editing the 2016 Remembers whilst there was still time to show it. If they'd shown both mother & daughter in 2016, then Debbie's spot would have only aired for a couple of days - if they left both for 2017, folks would probably have commented that they'd forgotten them.

49 minutes ago, RippersPet said:

C'mon TCM folks! Your editors HAD to have seen that opening! Y'all need to head back to the editing bay and splice Carrie's tribute in. Especially considering the way her mother went... unable to go on without her daughter, she just followed her. What amazing ladies they were...

Just sayin'... 

It is there.  So c'mon YOU! 

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

This new "Star Wars" movie is going to be hard to watch.

Image result for carrie fisher daisy ridley gifs

Lou, Lou skip to my Lou. Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou. Skip to my Lou, my darlin! Lost my partner, what'll I do. Lost my partner, what'll I do. Lost my partner, what'll I do. Skip to my Lou, my darlin! Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou Skip to my Lou, my darlin! 

:P

Like so many, I miss Carrie and Debbie. The world will not be the same without them, and 2017 is proof.

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

This new "Star Wars" movie is going to be hard to watch.

THAT'S putting it pretty danged mildly, but not because of Carrie...  :angry:

(Ask your local New Kids With Their Cellphones, or OG fans in their late forties to early 50's, about why Last Jedi isn't quite going down very well with the audience at the moment, front-loaded box-office be darned.)

Accdg. to reports, when

Luke meets up with Leia in the climax,

it was Fisher who ad-libbed "I changed my hair..."  Yep, if it's a cheap pop-grapes bash at the hair buns or the slave outfit, you know Carrie's on it already.