Sign in to follow this  
The Shootist

Portrait in Black

81 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Hibi said:

Yes, and probably Bette had to foot the bills for B.D. and her husband too until late in life when Bette's health started to fail..........I never said Bette's performances were routine,  just that she was better than the material in most cases and deserved better.

Right. And I had originally mentioned Bette's TV work as a contrast to Lana Turner's reluctance to be seen in anything but deluxe movie star mode. If Lana had been as willing as Bette to tone down the glamor she would have probably had more to play than the manager of Menudo on The Love Boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to check to see if any of my cable stations carry Wagon Train, would love to see those episodes! i think a lot of older stars appeared on it through the years it was on........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DougieB said:

Right. And I had originally mentioned Bette's TV work as a contrast to Lana Turner's reluctance to be seen in anything but deluxe movie star mode. If Lana had been as willing as Bette to tone down the glamor she would have probably had more to play than the manager of Menudo on The Love Boat.

LOL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hibi said:

I need to check to see if any of my cable stations carry Wagon Train, would love to see those episodes! i think a lot of older stars appeared on it through the years it was on........

I watch free on Me-TV.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt realize it was on Me-Tv! I'll need to check the schedule. I think it may be on that Inspirational channel too that I have. (I'm not sure if that's what it's called)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Didnt realize it was on Me-Tv! I'll need to check the schedule. I think it may be on that Inspirational channel too that I have. (I'm not sure if that's what it's called)

Yes, INSP carries a lot of classic TV re-runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us