Sign in to follow this  
The Shootist

Portrait in Black

81 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Hibi said:

Yes, and probably Bette had to foot the bills for B.D. and her husband too until late in life when Bette's health started to fail..........I never said Bette's performances were routine,  just that she was better than the material in most cases and deserved better.

Right. And I had originally mentioned Bette's TV work as a contrast to Lana Turner's reluctance to be seen in anything but deluxe movie star mode. If Lana had been as willing as Bette to tone down the glamor she would have probably had more to play than the manager of Menudo on The Love Boat.

I need to check to see if any of my cable stations carry Wagon Train, would love to see those episodes! i think a lot of older stars appeared on it through the years it was on........

17 minutes ago, DougieB said:

Right. And I had originally mentioned Bette's TV work as a contrast to Lana Turner's reluctance to be seen in anything but deluxe movie star mode. If Lana had been as willing as Bette to tone down the glamor she would have probably had more to play than the manager of Menudo on The Love Boat.

LOL!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hibi said:

I need to check to see if any of my cable stations carry Wagon Train, would love to see those episodes! i think a lot of older stars appeared on it through the years it was on........

I watch free on Me-TV.

• Like 1

Didnt realize it was on Me-Tv! I'll need to check the schedule. I think it may be on that Inspirational channel too that I have. (I'm not sure if that's what it's called)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Didnt realize it was on Me-Tv! I'll need to check the schedule. I think it may be on that Inspirational channel too that I have. (I'm not sure if that's what it's called)

Yes, INSP carries a lot of classic TV re-runs.