Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

What Barack Obama Has Been Up to since Leaving the White House

26 posts in this topic

Since walking out of the White House on January 20 and handing the keys over to Donald Trump, we haven't heard a lot from former President Barack Obama. But don't take that to mean he's just been sitting around his home in Washington, D.C.

For instance, he and Michelle have earned some $60 million for their memoirs. Besides that, let's take a look at what the 44th president has been up to since leaving office:

Obama has traveled the world since departing the White House, vacationing in no fewer than three continents and hitting at least nine different countries. The Obama tour of the world began immediately on Necker Island, an exclusive island close to the British Virgin Islands that is owned by British entrepreneur Richard Branson.

Obama has come under some fire for making a series of paid speeches since leaving office, giving nine in 2017. Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, who ran for the Democratic nomination for president in 2016, called it "distasteful" that Obama made paid speeches to Wall Street companies.

Obama never represented the middle class, he only wanted to become as wealthy as possible and buy an NBA franchise of all things. That's about as out of touch as you can get.

contemplating the molecular density of marble countertoppery.:D

"my, isn't this plush." -george c. scott, patton

the obama kitchen.

Related image

Just as Obama as POTUS did things that other presidents didn't do--golf,

visit foreign countries, go on vacation, as ex-POTUS it's the same. Writing

a memoir, taking it easy, living in luxury. (I'd hate to have to bend over every

time I wanted to use that oven). 

8 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Since walking out of the White House on January 20 and handing the keys over to Donald Trump, we haven't heard a lot from former President Barack Obama. But don't take that to mean he's just been sitting around his home in Washington, D.C.

For instance, he and Michelle have earned some $60 million for their memoirs. Besides that, let's take a look at what the 44th president has been up to since leaving office:

Obama has traveled the world since departing the White House, vacationing in no fewer than three continents and hitting at least nine different countries. The Obama tour of the world began immediately on Necker Island, an exclusive island close to the British Virgin Islands that is owned by British entrepreneur Richard Branson.

Obama has come under some fire for making a series of paid speeches since leaving office, giving nine in 2017. Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, who ran for the Democratic nomination for president in 2016, called it "distasteful" that Obama made paid speeches to Wall Street companies.

Obama never represented the middle class, he only wanted to becoming as wealthy as possible and buy an NBA franchise of all things. That's about as out of touch as you can get.

Or as Trump calls that...pocket change.:D

8 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

contemplating the molecular density of marble countertoppery.:D

"my, isn't this plush." -george c. scott, patton

the obama kitchen.

Related image

Well about anyone can live like an ex president.;)

Marble%204-1014x676.jpgMarble-countertop-for-kitchen-countertop

Calcutta-Marble-Countertops-in-a-Modern-

Same goes for the bathroom.:D

White-Carrera-Marble-Bathroom-Countertop

SalonVerified account @Salon 59m59 minutes ago

Obama is tweeting out the best “good news” stories of 2017, because he knows what we need right now

---------------------------------------------------------

Barack ObamaVerified account @BarackObama 7h7 hours ago

As we count down to the new year, we get to reflect and prepare for what’s ahead. For all the bad news that seemed to dominate our collective consciousness, there are countless stories from this year that remind us what's best about America.

Barack ObamaVerified account @BarackObama 7h7 hours ago

All across America people chose to get involved, get engaged and stand up. Each of us can make a difference, and all of us ought to try. So go keep changing the world in 2018.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ChristineHoard said:

I want that kitchen.

I like it too. Wonder what the dining area looks like. Ham?

Obama was the only modern US President who has class & dignity: Baffoon before him & baffoon after him. He worked very hard as President & accomplished much for US citizens, despite all the negativity from the infighting GOP.

I think he deserves a nice kitchen & fun retirement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

Obama was the only modern US President who has class & dignity: Baffoon before him & baffoon after him. He worked very hard as President & accomplished much for US citizens, despite all the negativity from the infighting GOP.

I think he deserves a nice kitchen & fun retirement.

Yes,  I agree. Because Obama really earned everything he's got. It's not like he was born at Kennybunkport or with millions of dollars of real estate property to fall back on.

But it seems like a number of working class people seem to really identify with those who are born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Those might be the people who are least likely to understand what it's like to really have to go to work everyday and earn a living.

As David Letterman’s first Netflix guest, Barack Obama warns against the ‘bubble’ of social media-

"David Letterman seems to be taking the title of his new Netflix show very seriously: On the very first episode of My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman, he’s joined by former U.S. President Barack Obama.

The episode has plenty of funny moments, like Obama ribbing Letterman about his nearly Biblical beard. But they cover substantive political topics, too — not just during the onstage interview, but also in Letterman’s walk across Selma’s famous Edmund Pettus Bridge with Congressman John Lewis.

In fact, Letterman seems to be treating the new show as an opportunity to move a little bit away from his usual sardonic style and offer more depth and seriousness. He ended the interview by telling Obama, “Without a question of a doubt, you are the first president I really and truly respect.”

On the tech front, Obama repeated some of the points he made in a recent BBC interview with the U.K.’s Prince Harry. After being asked about threats to our democracy, Obama warned against “getting all your information off algorithms being sent through a phone.”....

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/12/as-david-lettermans-first-netflix-guest-barack-obama-warns-against-the-bubble-of-social-media/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Will the real President please come back!

nuthin' doin'. you're stuck with donny.:lol:

• Sad 1

DSkKLmxXcAE9igV.jpg

democrats love symbolics.

the GOP prefers results.

:)

the former is like greg brady's 109 dollar lemon.

he fixed it up great on the outside except for it not running.

:lol:

Related image

4 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Matt McDermottVerified account @mattmfm 12h12 hours ago

Barack Obama honored MLK Day by volunteering, doing acts of community service and civic work with his family. Donald Trump is at his private golf club for the third consecutive day, his 95th day as president at his golf clubs.

Maybe Trump staying away was his gift to us all for MLK Day. I have a feeling that if he had scheduled events to honor the day, at some point he would have made some really stupid comment.

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Maybe Trump staying away was his gift to us all for MLK Day. I have a feeling that if he had scheduled events to honor the day, at some point he would have made some really stupid comment.

"You're all so lucky to have my help on MLK day. Believe me, I'm the most not racist person in the world. MLK would have been honored for me to be here!"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

2 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

"You're all so lucky to have my help on MLK day. Believe me, I'm the most not racist person in the world. MLK would have been honored for me to be here!"

Human empathy and compassion are attributes that the current occupant of the Oval Office does not have and all the money in the world can't buy them at Saks, Bloomingdale's or Tiffany's.

• Like 1