spence

Mosat attractive actors???

47 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

"when I want to to know how to act tough, I just look at the Duke. -steve McQueen

Image result for john wayne and steve mcqueen

Related image

Marvelous images!  *"The Duke" was not only his fav. actor, but his idol!    Too bad they never worked together though.   TO YOU FELLOW TCM-ITES, JUST FOR FUN, WHAT FILM COULD THEY HAVE DONE TOGETHER BY THE WAY?

Steve was 5'9 at best & *JW 6'4 & 1/2, but sadly for him, his tiny feet (5 & 1/2) made him 4-F for WW2

I know one, but *"The Duke" may not have taken the supporting role Robert Preston-(marvelous actor!) had 1972's "Junior Bonner" (***1/2)

(TRIVIA:  Most likely know already that Steve along w/*Coburn & James Garner studied under Bruce Lee.  Lee was quoted as saying *Coburn was the fastest, but Steve was the strongest

Btw spence...

You DO realize that THIS thread of yours about actors isn't exactly an exact match to your other one about actresses, don't ya?

In this I mean in your actress thread you asked who we thought was the "most beautiful" and as in the thought about their "aesthetics", but in THIS thread you've asked about the actor's "attractiveness", and which is something not entirely the same.

You see, while I've never thought, say, Steve McQueen was all that "handsome", you will find many will mention his name in something like this because he possessed a certain personal "factor" which many women would find "attractive".

This would be why I didn't mention Ava Gardner's name in your actress thread, and because while I've found her to be down there around the four or fifth "most beautiful actress" ever, she remains my personal "Numero Uno" when it comes to "attractiveness".

And so, with the idea of an actor's being "handsome" or whatever the male equivalent of "beautiful" might be considered, I'm now going to offer up a name of an actor who I as a straight male always thought was one of THE most "handsome"/"beautiful" visually than any other actor of the past who I can think of...Louis Jourdan.

(...and trust me here, it isn't 'cause he had one of those supposedly "sexy" French accents...even women with those accents have never done that much for me...nope, not even the absolutely gorgeous Catherine Deneuve!)

34 minutes ago, jinsinna13 said:

Classic: Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, James Garner, Tyrone Power, Burt Lancaster, Gregory Peck, Fred MacMurray, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., George Peppard, Robert Vaughn

Modern: Chris Hemsworth, Liam Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Affleck, Matt Dillon, Val Kilmer, River Phoenix, Matt Bomer

Wow! Thanks for including Robert Vaughn!

Great actor - good looking guy.

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

First I"m very surprised to see James Stewart or James Cagney listed (and trust me I love those named James!).

I'll give my wife's picks;  Gary Grant,  Tyrone Power,  Errol Flynn,  Gregory Peck,   Robert Taylor.

Since our friend James-(with one of the best avatar's by the way!) also cited his wife's pix, I'll include my ex-wife's  Antonio Banderas & my mother too-(*Kevin Costner, but of all-time she just loved ELVIS the most)

26 minutes ago, spence said:

WHAT THE....   STILL NO VOTES FOR SHEMP?

220px-Shemp.jpg

"There's no justice."

• Haha 1

So as to not disappoint Dargo...

33ygghx.jpg

ERROL FLYNN!!! 

I also like: 

cary-grant-edited.jpg

CARY GRANT

Holden-portrait.jpg

WILLIAM HOLDEN

green-celebrity-of-the-month-robert-redford_3382.jpg

ROBERT REDFORD (normally I'm not into blond guys, but there's something about Redford...)

Gene-Kelly.jpg

GENE KELLY

MV5BOTI1NDIxOTQyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDM4MjM2._V1_UY317_CR19,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

ROBERT MITCHUM

There have also been select films where I've found the following actors attractive:

-Humphrey Bogart (Bogart isn't usually mentioned when "attractive" actors are discussed, but I thought Bogart was kind of cute in Casablanca and in The Petrified Forest). 

-Marlon Brando (he was pretty hot in Streetcar Named Desire and On the Waterfront, but his mumbling and whiny voice kills it for me). 

-Charlie Chaplin ("The Tramp" is adorable.  Especially in City Lights). 

-Burt Lancaster (Burt in The Crimson Pirate or Trapeze? Hubba hubba!) 

-Gregory Peck (Sure he's kind of wooden, but he's growing on me.  But he was definitely hunky in Roman Holiday and Designing Woman). 

-William Powell (I don't know what it is, but there's something about Nick Charles, lol) 

-Orson Welles (I thought his Charles Kane was cute and I love his voice.) 

-Don Ameche (I just love his voice.  But this man needs his mustache.  I hardly recognized him at first in Alexander's Ragtime Band sans mustache.  It was only when he started speaking that I realized who it was).

-Montgomery Clift (sure he's fragile, but he's cute in From Here to Eternity)

-Tony Curtis (in his prime, he was pretty hunky.  See Some Like it Hot and Trapeze). 

-John Garfield (The eternal tortured soul.  I really liked him in Humoresque).

-Donald O'Connor (he is adorable, especially in Singin' in the Rain and There's No Business Like Show Business)

-Fred MacMurray (before he was Steve Douglas on My Three Sons or everyone's dad in the Disney films, MacMurray was kind of cute in his early films.  I especially liked him in Alice Adams, No Time for Love and Double Indemnity)

-Dean Martin (he's just so cool!) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

So as to not disappoint Dargo...

33ygghx.jpg

ERROL FLYNN!!! 

LOL

Ah-HA!

Now THERE'S that little "Tasmanian devil" I was talkin' about earlier!

(...I knew you'd never disappoint me, speedy young lady)

;)

• Like 1

Yeah, as earlier said, "eye of the beholder" and all that.

WARREN BEATTY was considered "hot stuff" back in the '70's and maybe too the late '60's.  And late columnist supreme ERMA BOMBECK always seemed to swoon over PAUL NEWMAN.

My wife didn't like either.  Preferred Redford over both.  But I remember her once telling me that when she was much younger(pre-teen I think) she had a "thing" for WARREN WILLIAM.  I think there also was a young lady on these boards once who did too.

And we ALL know by now that my Mom was hot and heavy for VICTOR MATURE.  And I'll go along with him not being all that unattractive, but not MY type. ;)

But some do make a distinction between "cute" and "handsome".  Take The Beatles for example.  Coincidentally, both my wife AND my ex felt that while Paul and John were "cute", they both thought GEORGE was the "handsome" one!  :o ("Those dark, piercing EYES!" they both said).

But, my wife thinks I'M handsome too, so what does SHE know?  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

• Like 1

17 hours ago, darkblue said:

Wow! Thanks for including Robert Vaughn!

Great actor - good looking guy.

You're welcome. Vaughn is one of my favorites, too. It's been over a year since he passed away, and I still can't believe he's gone.

17 hours ago, NickAndNora34 said:

Related image

Howard Keel

Howard Keel isn't just handsome. Every time I listen to his singing voice, it melted like chocolate. MGM knew what they were doing when they put him under contract because without him, there would be no Kiss Me Kate or Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm shocked no votes for the young Marlon Brando (Streetcar Named Desire)....couldn't beat how handsome and sexy he was.   

I'd also add James Dean, William Holden, Glenn Ford, Steve McQueen, James Garner, Vic Morrow, Paul Newman, Montgomery Clift, Richard Widmark, Dana Andrews, Ralph Meeker, Humprhey Bogart, Clark Gable, James Cagney.

And there was(and still is) a time when my wife thought SIDNEY POITIER was OH, so handsome! ;)

Sepiatone

For modern actors, as a white woman, I find Denzel Washington to be oh so fine as well as a great actor.

While Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise don't do a thing for me, looks or acting wise.

• Like 1

Golden age: Ronald Colman

Modern day: Hugh Jackman

And if we're to include the industry's African-American constituency, then there must be mention too, of BILLY DEE WILLIAMS, who in his prime many women, white AND black thought was a fine piece of work.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

And if we're to include the industry's African-American constituency, then there must be mention too, of BILLY DEE WILLIAMS, who in his prime many women, white AND black thought was a fine piece of work.

Sepiatone

Yes, Billy Dee Williams was another dreamy one.

Of course after watching THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (SPOILER ALERT) his betrayal of Leia, Chewie and especially Han to Vader made me lose all attraction to him. (Okay, I was young and didn't know any better and didn't realize or care that Lando was pretty much forced to betray them to protect the people in his city).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Yes, Billy Dee Williams was another dreamy one.

Of course after watching THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (SPOILER ALERT) his betrayal of Leia, Chewie and especially Han to Vader made me lose all attraction to him. (Okay, I was young and didn't know any better and didn't realize or care that Lando was pretty much forced to betray them to protect the people in his city).

Wow. Finally someone who shares my views on Lando. 

• Like 1