Sign in to follow this  
Sepiatone

HOG HEAVEN

26 posts in this topic

You know that's where NIP is, seeing that TCM is showing ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN tonight! :D

Hoping against hope that this'll quiet him down a bit.  He's probably already glued to his flatscreen, anxiously waiting!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

You know that's where NIP is, seeing that TCM is showing ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN tonight! :D

Hoping against hope that this'll quiet him down a bit.  He's probably already glued to his flatscreen, anxiously waiting!

Sepiatone

He has a flatscreen? I always pictured him watching stuff on something like this:

f56b85d7a082eb7cef57beccedd5355d--televi

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

He has a flatscreen? I always pictured him watching stuff on something like this:

f56b85d7a082eb7cef57beccedd5355d--televi

He's got a Twonky???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

I only like the ending.

:D

"just wait until I get my hands on you!"

Image result for 50 foot woman diorama

1 hour ago, CinemaInternational said:

And here I was thinking that this was going to be a thread about pigs on film..... 

Yep, or perhaps about the history of Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

Of course in this case, there was that miniseries docudrama shown on the Discovery Channel back a little over a year ago about this.

maxresdefault.jpg

(...saw it...not bad, but fairly unmemorable...and this coming from an avid motorcyclist for 50 years now)

2 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

He's got a Twonky???

Aah, and another Hans Conried fan I see here, eh Janet?! ;)

And speaking of which, you might find the following little bit of trivia about this 1953 movie rather humorous:

"The Twonky did poorly at the box office; critics saw the poor production values as a major problem. When interviewed in 1970, Hans Conried recalled that he told the producer that The Twonky would probably bomb at the box-office (which it did), whereupon the producer genially replied "That's all right. I need a tax write-off this year anyway."

-per this film's wikipage

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

tcm should colorize it.

Related image

The coloring looks okay in that pic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:rolleyes:  And of course, we ALL paid attention to the coloring, right? :D 

Well now please excuse me.....there's some "articles" in my new copy of PLAYBOY I have to read.   ;)

Sepiatone

12 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

And here I was thinking that this was going to be a thread about pigs on film..... 

hogheaven-myrtlebeach_775_400_90_s_c1.jp

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

• Like 1

The double-exposure effects in the climax were so bad--even director Nathan Juran, who went on to do "7th Voyage of Sinbad", was publicly embarrassed at what Arkoff's time and budget allowed--I remember one Japanese fansite who thought it was intentional, and talked about "Attack of the Ghost Woman".

PDVD_040.BMP

11 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I only like the ending.

Yeah, most only do, when they find out it was just a last-minute rewritten script for a Joan Crawford-wannabe B-pic, and not the "Feminist metaphor" that animated Dreamworks comedies thought it was going to be.

(Oh, there's one urban legend we just wanna sit folks down and slap 'em in the face with the movie for it, like a wet trout...)  :lol:

13 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

I opened the thread just EXPECTING to see "State Fair"'s Blue Boy on the first post, and (ahem) someone giggling over a clip of Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Sweet Hog of Mine".

But, makes about as much sense as anything else Nip ever inscrutably posts as an off-topic excuse for big culty graphics he Googled.

uh-oh, harry shouldn't be holding that gun. the uh...little minx is only going to squeeze harder.

people who can't appreciate a fantastic fantasy about a giant woman have no imaginations.

:)

and I doan go for all that sick crushing/eating stuff or squashing ant-sized humans.

the proper size is GI Joe action figure size for the Giantess' object of interest.:)

Related image

les-nessman.jpg

"Oh heck! And I thought this was going to be a thread about hogs!"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hamradio said:

hogheaven-myrtlebeach_775_400_90_s_c1.jp

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

I thought this thread was going to be about Harleys.

33 minutes ago, Janet0312 said:

Davidsons

Thanks, I think I've heard of them. I was making a joke about thwarted expectations, re: the thread's subject. You were looking for motorcycles, I was visually joking that I thought it would be about the 1970's TV supporting character Boss Hog, as played by Sorrell Booke in The Dukes of Hazzard. I apologize if this confused you.

4 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Thanks, I think I've heard of them. I was making a joke about thwarted expectations, re: the thread's subject. You were looking for motorcycles, I was visually joking that I thought it would be about the 1970's TV supporting character Boss Hog, as played by Sorrell Booke in The Dukes of Hazzard. I apologize if this confused you.

No. I got it.

12 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

uh-oh, harry shouldn't be holding that gun. the uh...little minx is only going to squeeze harder.

people who can't appreciate a fantastic fantasy about a giant woman have no imaginations.

:)

Oh Look, Desi Arnez.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, laffite said:

Oh Look, Desi Arnez.

Funny, but here I was thinking it looked a bit like a younger Humphrey Bogart.

But yeah, I'd say it looks as much like either Desi or Bogie as it does William Hudson, and who it's supposed to be, anyway...

attack-of-the-50-foot-woman-william-huds

• Like 1