Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Blizzard rolls up the East Coast, with cold blast to follow

29 posts in this topic

Blizzard rolls up the East Coast, with cold blast to follow

BOSTON (AP) — A massive winter storm roared into the East Coast on Thursday, dumping as much as 17 inches of snow in some areas and unleashing hurricane-force winds and historic flooding that closed schools and offices and halted transportation from the Carolinas to Maine.

Forecasters expected the storm to be followed immediately by a blast of face-stinging cold that could break records in more than two dozen cities and bring wind chills as low as minus 40 degrees this weekend.

Blizzard warnings and states of emergency were in wide effect, and wind gusts hit more than 70 mph (113 kph) in places. In parts of New England, snow fell as fast as 3 inches per hour.

Four people were killed in North and South Carolina after their vehicles ran off snow-covered roads, authorities said. Another fatality was reported near Philadelphia when a car could not stop at the bottom of a steep, snow-covered hill and slammed into a commuter train. A passenger in the vehicle was killed. No one on the train was hurt.

***********************************************

Why have all the global warming experts suddenly gone quiet? They point out every summer how it's all because of global warming, and then when winter hits with record cold temperatures they make excuses and disappear.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahashashahahahahahahashahahahahahah ... that was a good one.

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it got cold enough to freeze CO2 into dry ice, it wouldn't make a difference.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They haven't gone silent. They're trying to stifle their laughter

at the idiotic idea that extreme cold weather disproves global

warming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

They haven't gone silent. They're trying to stifle their laughter

at the idiotic idea that extreme cold weather disproves global

warming. 

but it does.:lol::P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

They haven't gone silent. They're trying to stifle their laughter

at the idiotic idea that extreme cold weather disproves global

warming. 

and it is pretty idiotic to push climate change baloney this time of year.

alotta americans are not panicky alarmist dip****s.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, you'll never convince the simple minded that global warming

predicts extreme weather events at all times of the year, and

it would be especially difficult to do so during winter, but besides Donny

and some sociologists, who cares about the simple minded?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but is it really reasonable to expect millions to fret at this time of year about the earth warming when their personal experience is cold, snow, ice and sub-zero temperatures?:huh:

"well, october is quite a ways off unless your botanist is wrong about the time." --trevor howard

"exactly sir."

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay...

besides climate change what about asteroids? the really big ones.

are we supposed to earmark billions of dollars for some fantastic earth orbital deviation system that will automatically jerk us outta the way of an asteroid on a collision course?

I mean when does all this liberal mickey mouse horse **** stop?

and why should millions of skeptics accede to this HS?

so we doan damage the precious self-esteem of it's proponents?

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

but is it really reasonable to expect millions to fret at this time of year about the earth warming when their personal experience is cold, snow, ice and sub-zero temperatures?:huh:

"well, october is quite a ways off unless your botanist is wrong about the time." --trevor howard

"exactly sir."

:D

I don't expect people to fret much about global warming when it's very cold and

stormy outside. They have more important things to think about at the time. But

just because the weather is bad doesn't mean global warming is not true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

but is it really reasonable to expect millions to fret at this time of year about the earth warming when their personal experience is cold, snow, ice and sub-zero temperatures?

Who the **** asked you to fret about anything? You and the other yokels are the ones who keep making threads about it. You're the ones who keep bringing it up. The rest of us gave up on the subject a while ago, as far as this message board is concerned.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, it snowed in January. I guess Trump was right about global warming being a Chinese hoax and all 95% of scientists are disproven. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Who the **** asked you to fret about anything? You and the other yokels are the ones who keep making threads about it. You're the ones who keep bringing it up. The rest of us gave up on the subject a while ago, as far as this message board is concerned.

That's because you couldn't convince a squirrel it was born with fur, so trying to get people to believe in the global warming scam is almost impossible for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brutal cold follows massive East Coast winter storm

Brutally cold conditions have prompted wind chill warnings from Virginia to Vermont as frigid temperature are expected to envelop the East Coast most of this weekend. CBS News has confirmed that at least 22 people nationwide have died from the recent blast of winter weather and cold temperatures.

    Wind chill advisories up as arctic air pushes across the country

A storm began days ago in the Gulf of Mexico and first struck the Florida Panhandle. By Thursday, it was wreaking havoc as blizzard warnings and states of emergency went into effect along the Eastern Seaboard. Wind gusts hit more than 70 mph in places and some areas saw as much as 18 inches of snow.

In the South, Tallahassee, Florida, saw snow and residents of southeast Georgia were treated to a rare half-foot of snow. In New England, the powerful winds brought coastal flooding that reached historic levels in some communities with icy water overflowing piers, streets and restaurants and stranding some people who had to be rescued.

***********************************************

We're suppose to be hitting record high temperatures every day and instead we have people dying from blizzards. So much for the global warming scam.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I don't expect people to fret much about global warming when it's very cold and

stormy outside. They have more important things to think about at the time. But

just because the weather is bad doesn't mean global warming is not true. 

I thought it was climate change.:lol:

"there you go again." -Reagan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Wow, it snowed in January. I guess Trump was right about global warming being a Chinese hoax and all 95% of scientists are disproven. :lol:

was an explanation ever given from the scientific community why the new ice age they were predicting 40 years ago never happened?????

no, they were perfectly content to let us all forget to the greater glory of their arrogant credibility.

 

and back then when that new ice age was being pushed just how much weight was given to scientists who were skeptical?

my perception is that scientists usually shy away or discourage dissent from within their own ranks because they know that the public will then ask questions.

scientists like to stay one big happy family like evolutionists...

or journalists for that matter.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I thought it was climate change.:lol:

"there you go again." -Reagan

Either way. Climate is changing and changing toward warmer temps.

And the simple minded 'It's very cold in winter therefore global warming

is refuted' is a hoot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Either way. Climate is changing and changing toward warmer temps.

And the simple minded 'It's very cold in winter therefore global warming

is refuted' is a hoot. 

yes, but there is little human intuitiveness expecting everyone to fret about warming this time of year.

frankly, it's kinda dumb.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

yes, but there is little human intuitiveness expecting everyone to fret about warming this time of year.

frankly, it's kinda dumb.:)

Rerun. Nobody expects people to worry about it this time of year.

Which is totally irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

was an explanation ever given from the scientific community why the new ice age they were predicting 40 years ago never happened?????

no, they were perfectly content to let us all forget to the greater glory of their arrogant credibility.

 

and back then when that new ice age was being pushed just how much weight was given to scientists who were skeptical?

my perception is that scientists usually shy away or discourage dissent from within their own ranks because they know that the public will then ask questions.

scientists like to stay one big happy family like evolutionists...

or journalists for that matter.:D

Are you implying evolution is false too? Don't tell me you're a creationist! :wacko: 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Are you implying evolution is false too? Don't tell me you're a creationist! :wacko: 

Don't get him started. The short answer: yes he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Rerun. Nobody expects people to worry about it this time of year.

Which is totally irrelevant.

then it is stupid to push climate change this time of year.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

then it is stupid to push climate change this time of year.:lol:

No one is pushing climate change, only saying that cold weather

doesn't disprove it, no matter what the simple minded think.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

That's because you couldn't convince a squirrel it was born with fur, so trying to get people to believe in the global warming scam is almost impossible for you.

It is hard to teach science denying brainless idiots anything, I'll give you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is what science says about the oceans past pertaining to CO2 and temperature.  Earth must be feeling deja vue.

Excerpt....

The early Pliocene was the last time atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations were as high as today's levels, yet ocean temperatures during the Pliocene—from the subtropics to the Artic—were much warmer than today. The tropical Pacific, for example, had conditions resembling a modern El Niño that persisted for thousands of years.

"The puzzle is how to explain this warmth during the Pliocene," said lead author Alexey Fedorov, a professor of geology and geophysics at Yale. "Ocean temperature contrasts are a major part of this puzzle."

Aww, they're puzzled.:lol:

https://phys.org/news/2015-11-ocean-temperatures-global-climate-patterns.html
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us