Sign in to follow this  
Snorky

Pre-Code Gallery

1,028 posts in this topic

More good stuff! Thanks. I really didn't care for these Cagney films. I'd never seen them before and maybe, on re-watchings, I'll enjoy them more. You've got me some grear art-work to use!

Having trouble copying URL from forum to pic upload page, so tried it in reverse: copying pic location to message post. Not working so well. Have to practice mailing to self before posting again.

Best for forum mgr to delete my pic link since it goes to Photobucket page. Every way I've tried,

pics themselves do not print, only the links do.

Hi Ollie,

I missed Lady Killer (and Mae Clarke!) but recorded Hard to Handle and watched it last night. I found it enjoyable and thought Cagney gave a solid performance.

Mine is not a completely unbiased opinion though as I've really gravitated to pre-code films in my time here.

I won't try to articulate what I love about them so much right now - it would probably be easier to just write what I don't like about them -

but if as the saying goes, one picture paints a thousand words, then consider the first Pre-Code Gallery a lengthy (although absent) essay on what I love about pre-codes!

Anyhow, glad you like the pics - it's cool that you're finding a current use for these classic images!

Best, Jeff

Hey, looks like you got it!

I especially like The Conquering Horde and I see you've posted a different lobby card from Thunderbolt also.

Great pics - thanks for sharing!

Message was edited by: Snorky

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yep, finally figured it out but cant delete my earlier failed posts. Maybe forum admin. can help out with that.

I would love to see ?The Story of Temple Drake?. This film has been

restored and received a standing ovation when a 35 mm print of it

was shown in New York recently.

3314679.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=11B127B063386F6168B77D9402F3A3CBA55A1E4F32AD3138

Miriam_Hopkins_Temple_Drake.jpg

Hey Fred, nice picture of Miriam Hopkins - thanks!

I usually avoid posting any pics from from viewimages

since their pics all have that nasty watermark. Snork

Have "The Films of Fay Wray" from Mc Farland Pub. Its rather high-priced in light of its

relatively cheap-looking production. The authors/editors did a good job , but could have done a much better job on photos, quality of reproduction, and research on where are the Fay Wray films? Her own autobiography was pretty stingy with the behind-the scenes anecdotes, so

between these two books there seems to be a lot more to be told about this very beautiful

and beloved star.

Text reads: She's got that thing: Joan Blondell, Warner star, has in fact got two of them.(I add,

"plus two on top.") Her next picture is "The Devil Was Sick." Never heard of that one!