Sign in to follow this  
Sepiatone

OPRAH FOR PRESIDENT?

44 posts in this topic

After a year of the crudity and self absorption of Trump, a lot of Americans feel a strong desire for a person of eloquence and high moral values in the Oval Office. Oprah, a passionate, articulate, highly accomplished individual known for her social conscience, seems to fulfill that emotional need now, but the election is three years away and a lot will happen before then. (Who knows, Trump may be gone, though I doubt it).

If the Democrats want a "star," however, they have one in Oprah.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Jerry Springer for VP and Jerry has political experience. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TomJH said:

After a year of the crudity and self absorption of Trump, a lot of Americans feel a strong desire for a person of eloquence and high moral values in the Oval Office. Oprah, a passionate, articulate, highly accomplished individual known for her social conscience, seems to fulfill that emotional need now, but the election is three years away and a lot will happen before then. (Who knows, Trump may be gone, though I doubt it).

her running mate barbra streisand or cher?:D

7 hours ago, TomJH said:

Would you vote for Oprah in a Dem primary?    I know I wouldn't.   

I guess being anti-Trump is the only qualification you need for people to vote for you. :huh: Oprah hasn't even announced that she's running and everyone is rallying around her.

8 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

I guess being anti-Trump is the only qualification you need for people to vote for you. :huh: Oprah hasn't even announced that she's running and everyone is rallying around her.

Sorry,  that wouldn't work in a Dem primary since all those running will be anti-Trump. 

Which is why I specifically asked if one would vote for Oprah in the Dem primary,  since I already know that everyone here, except for 4 folks,  would vote for anyone-but-Trump in the General.

E.g. if Sanders and Oprah were the main two candidates I would vote for Sanders (but Oprah might have a better chance to beat Trump).

PS:  I really don't think Trump will run for re-election since he wants to go out a winner instead of a man that couldn't win a second term.    Why take the risk to his legacy, by looking like a Jimmy Carter or G.W. Bush.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Sorry,  that wouldn't work in a Dem primary since all those running will be anti-Trump. 

Which is why I specifically asked if one would vote for Oprah in the Dem primary,  since I already know that everyone here, except for 4 folks,  would vote for anyone-but-Trump in the General.

E.g. if Sanders and Oprah were the main two candidates I would vote for Sanders (but Oprah might have a better chance to beat Trump).

PS:  I really don't think Trump will run for re-election since he wants to go out a winner instead of a man that couldn't win a second term.    Why take the risk to his legacy, by looking like a Jimmy Carter or G.W. Bush.    

I wasn't being literal but just joking about the way many of the people and members of the media seem to be praising her as the next president without even thinking anything through.

3 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

I wasn't being literal but just joking about the way many of the people and members of the media seem to be praising her as the next president without even thinking anything through.

Ok,  I hear you,  but based on what I just saw on CNN maybe all that 'oh, how great' praise was just the initial reaction by clueless celebrities and media talking heads.   The 3 very liberal CNN guest on Taper just said it wouldn't be a good thing for the Dem party  (e.g, running a business person \ celebrity);  Instead they said the Dems need to find an anti-Trump (political experience,  someone with executive government experience).   

Funny but it was like they were promoting John Kasich (ha ha).   But really all the leading names from the Dems are Senators (or where like Biden).     No current or former Governors in sight (of course the Dems don't have many sitting Governors,  and mine,  good old moonbeam,  is too old).

54 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

I guess being anti-Trump is the only qualification you need for people to vote for you. Oprah hasn't even announced that she's running and everyone is rallying around her.

Wasting their time.

The only voting group she would get the majority of is women over 50. I wouldn't be surprised to see her get 65% of those, maybe more. Forget about men, both white and black - except for some male snowflakes.

Not nearly enough to win the Presidency.

On 1/9/2018 at 3:59 PM, NipkowDisc said:

her running mate barbra streisand or cher?:D

People who need Barbra are the luckiest people in the world!

• Haha 1

Regardless of gender or party, I'll vote for ANY candidate without a TWITTER ACCOUNT!  B)

Sepiatone

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Regardless of gender or party, I'll vote for ANY candidate without a TWITTER ACCOUNT!  B)

Sepiatone

That means I'll vote for you if you'll vote for me!

Also I'm not on Facebook either.

• Like 1

Oprah, a  little too old and a bit too chunky. Beyonce 2020.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

People who need Barbra are the luckiest people in the world!

LOL. What a running ticket! But dont think Barbra would like being Number 2!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

LOL. She doesnt seem to be eating the food line she's promoting..........

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

LOL. She doesnt seem to be eating the food line she's promoting..........

Yeah. I just saw one of her WW ads on TV last night. At least I found out that her

partner Stedman is still with her but not married to her. Today, I consider myself

the luckiest man on the face of the earth. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Oprah is not as old as trump and not as chunky as trump. 

I guess we still have got that old double standard going on.

What is it that Voltaire is attributed as saying, even though he didn't really say it - - it's more of a historical summation of his philosophical  viewpoints:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Everybody in unison:   The more things change, the more they stay the same. LMREO

2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Beyonce doesn't do anything for me.    I say Gabrielle Union 2020!

Dwyane Wade would make a great first gentleman.   :lol:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Beyonce doesn't do anything for me.    I say Gabrielle Union 2020!

Dwyane Wade would make a great first gentleman.   :lol:

Black women being objectified and just used as sexual objects when we are supposed to be talking about a black woman as a presidential candidate is not very helpful.

Cc: Vautrin

Well to each their own. I'm neutral on Oprah, but she is so easy to

make fun of. As for Stedman. I think he has, after all these years,

earned the title of Mr. Bullet Proof.

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Oprah is not as old as trump and not as chunky as trump. 

I guess we still have got that old double standard going on.

What is it that Voltaire is attributed as saying, even though he didn't really say it - - it's more of a historical summation of his philosophical  viewpoints:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Everybody in unison:   The more things change, the more they stay the same. LMREO

I guess that in one way Voltaire is like Joe Stalin; some of their most famous quotes

are apocryphal. The famous I may disagree with what you say, etc. comes from a

biographer of Voltaire. But Uncle Joe's How many divisions does the Pope have seems

to be an actual quote. 

Frankly, I don't think I would support Oprah for President at least in the primaries.  Her promotion of quacks like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz is worrisome.  I'd vote for someone else in the primaries.  However, if it came down to Trump and Oprah, I would vote for her but I would keep my fingers crossed that if she got in, she would appoint decent people and not people like the above-mentioned crackpots.

At least she's a self-made zillionaire unlike Trump who was handed everything on a silver platter and still went bankrupt several times.  Women over 50 are going to vote for her for certain by a big percentage?  Of course, because we all think and act exactly alike, just as we did for Hillary.  How'd that turn out?   And too old and too chunky?  If this is our criteria now, what does that make Donny?