Sign in to follow this  
universalkaiju

Strange things in 50s and 60s sci-fi movies

37 posts in this topic

In Twenty Million Miles to Earth, there is a shot where we see the farmer holding his gun after he stabs the Ymir with a pitchfork, in the next shot he is still holding the pitchfork.

3 hours ago, universalkaiju said:

This is a topic on any strange things that appear in old sci-fi movies. If you notice something in any movies please share it.   

You seem to be a fan of sci-fi flicks. Have you read Bill Warren's Keep Watching the Skies? I highly recommend the two volumes. 

image.jpeg.7463dfe4e6b5c2948f1ffd36480f5cb1.jpeg
  • Like 1

man, I'd like to think there is missing footage from Attack of the 50 Foot Woman and we really see her get a real good grip on Harry.

:D

Image result for 50 foot woman diorama

16 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

You seem to be a fan of sci-fi flicks. Have you read Bill Warren's Keep Watching the Skies? I highly recommend the two volumes. 

image.jpeg.7463dfe4e6b5c2948f1ffd36480f5cb1.jpeg

No offense but Bill Warren is very inaccurate about some things in his books. They might be enjoyable to read but I would not rely on them being correct factually a lot of times.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RipMurdock said:

No offense but Bill Warren is very inaccurate about some things in his books. They might be enjoyable to read but I would not rely on them being correct factually a lot of times.

Ya know, it's funny you mentioned this, Rip.

'Cause a lot of people think his cousin Earl's commission report has the same problem too! ;)

(...sorry...couldn't resist) 

• Haha 3

I'm old enough to remember watching those hearings or whatever ya wanta call them. Didn't good old LBJ twist his elbow into presiding over that mess? Magic Bullet now only means some kind of blender thing.

6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

man, I'd like to think there is missing footage from Attack of the 50 Foot Woman and we really see her get a real good grip on Harry.

Image result for 50 foot woman diorama

I'd like to see Harry crawl up into her hairy. Looks like he'd fit.

• Like 1

I'll go with the cockpit of the plane in "Plan 9 from Outer Space" being covered by a shower curtain as being a bit strange.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

I'll go with the cockpit of the plane in "Plan 9 from Outer Space" being covered by a shower curtain as being a bit strange.

Yeah, to say nothin' about the rather strange lack of instrumentation on that "aircraft", eh CG?!...

Plan9-8.jpg

• Haha 1

Okay, I THINK I have one here.

Now folks. Take a look at Gort's visor here...

now-i-am-the-master-gort-shows-the-x-men

And now is it only ME, or does that say "Ray-Ban®" in teeny-tiny little script over there on the left of where he's shootin' out that laser beam of light???

(...betcha never noticed THAT before, did ya!)

;)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RipMurdock said:

No offense taken. I've spotted some goofs in these tomes myself, but I do find them handy and enjoyable to read along with whatever film I happen to be watching.

Yesterday I saw Invasion of the Body Snatchers and wondered if the name of the town was intentional or not. Santa Mira which sounds like mirror like they where the mirror image?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, universalkaiju said:

Did George Pal just like to set people on fire? it happens in War of the Worlds and The Time Machine.

Are Morlocks people, really?

9 minutes ago, darkblue said:

They were until Filmstruck took over...  ;)

• Haha 1

An example of alien mathematics from Killers From Space:

HWtH2SR.jpg

Loosely translated, this says "A spaceship leaves Astron Delta at noon traveling at warp 7. Two hours later, another spaceship ..."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, darkblue said:

I just mean George Pal seemed to have stuntmen going on fire quite a bit in his movies. Once when the heat ray destroys the base and when George fights the morlocks.

8 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

An example of alien mathematics from Killers From Space:

HWtH2SR.jpg

Loosely translated, this says "A spaceship leaves Astron Delta at noon traveling at warp 7. Two hours later, another spaceship ..."

Ever wonder if alien kids hate algebraic word problems as much as earth kids do, Rich?

(...well, THIS earth kid sure as hell did anyway)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Ever wonder if alien kids hate algebraic word problems as much as earth kids do, Rich?

(...well, THIS earth kid sure as hell did anyway)

You had the wrong teacher.:lol:

Just now, scsu1975 said:

You had the wrong teacher.:lol:

LOL

Yeah, I'm sure YOU could have made those suckers MUCH more fun, huh! ;)