JamesStewartFan95

Favorite Disney Shorts

9 posts in this topic

A couple of years ago, when I first joined this forum, somebody had posted a topic asking for people to list their top ten-twenty favorite Disney movies. Somebody, I think it was TomJH, listed their favorite Disney shorts (both cartoons and live action shorts). So I decided that I would create a forum topic where I would list my favorite shorts from the Disney Company with a miniature review for each of them, and anybody else who wanted to make their own opinions heard or make their own lists could do soo too. I look forward to seeing your lists and your thoughts.

 

P.S.: It was JLewis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aware I had to log my own all-timers pix on this guys' page, thread, post,etc BUT, it did not list reply TO THIS TOPIC ON HEADING THIS TIME? & your 100% correct TCM not legally-(I reckon;0 being able to broadcast Disney's glorious era  i.e. "Dumbo" "Fantasia" "Pinocchio" & many other greats!

Plus & at this late date the network still cannot broadcast *"GFI" or *"GFII?"-(the fmr being my A No. 1 all-time favoritre pic.)

 

I must be honest 1st though & see this entire topic before also including my favs in motion picture history

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JamesStewartFan95 said:

A couple of years ago, when I first joined this forum, somebody had posted a topic asking for people to list their top ten-twenty favorite Disney movies. Somebody, I think it was TomJH, listed their favorite Disney shorts (both cartoons and live action shorts). So I decided that I would create a forum topic where I would list my favorite shorts from the Disney Company with a miniature review for each of them, and anybody else who wanted to make their own opinions heard or make their own lists could do soo too. I look forward to seeing your lists and your thoughts.

JAMES STEWART, marvelous heading by the way & is he your all time fav. actor by the way?  If so I can send you a tonnage of fun & accurate facts on AFI's 1999 number 3 all-time actors-(poll)

 

Back to your topic  my fav *Walt Disney-(l901-66) & by far all-time *Oscar winning champ with (26 wins)

1. "Dumbo" (song "Baby 0'mine" robbed of the song *Oscar that year!?)

2. "Fantasia"-(kinda' the "Kane" of it's genre due to it stretching all technical aspects)

3. "Pinocchio"-(must vote for this)

4. "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs":

5th all-timer from *Disney & sometimes the massive Pixar (TRIVIA: '95's "Tot Story" was it's first y the way)

 

& "Inside/0ut" is simply incredible

 

Never did see Pixar;'s latest "Coco" though, among chosen few I did not go & review??? & adore "Finding, Nemo"  (P.S. IT IS ASININE THAT 19o47's "Song of the South" is now banned thesedays, it's very good fun (***1/2) & James Baskett even took home a special "statuette" for his Uncle Remus

 

WHO AGREES?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spence said:

JAMES STEWART, marvelous heading by the way & is he your all time fav. actor by the way?  If so I can send you a tonnage of fun & accurate facts on AFI's 1999 number 3 all-time actors-(poll)

 

Back to your topic  my fav *Walt Disney-(l901-66) & by far all-time *Oscar winning champ with (26 wins)

1. "Dumbo" (song "Baby 0'mine" robbed of the song *Oscar that year!?)

2. "Fantasia"-(kinda' the "Kane" of it's genre due to it stretching all technical aspects)

3. "Pinocchio"-(must vote for this)

4. "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs":

5th all-timer from *Disney & sometimes the massive Pixar (TRIVIA: '95's "Tot Story" was it's first y the way)

 

& "Inside/0ut" is simply incredible

 

Never did see Pixar;'s latest "Coco" though, among chosen few I did not go & review??? & adore "Finding, Nemo"  (P.S. IT IS ASININE THAT 19o47's "Song of the South" is now banned thesedays, it's very good fun (***1/2) & James Baskett even took home a special "statuette" for his Uncle Remus

 

WHO AGREES?

To date & our buddy Jakeem, Topbilled or LawrenceA, would know, I guess Pixar has won about 9 Best animated feature films td?

 

& more fun facts: "Finding, Dory" is officially the all-time top ten highest grossing pix at over $486m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the list that I have compiled so far. I will add or take away more tomorrow if need be. I will also rank them so that they are not just in alphabetical order. Then I will start posting reviews for them, possibly next week. Stay tuned!:

Casey at the Bat (1946)

A Cowboy Needs a Horse (1956)

Donald and the Gorilla (1944)

Donald’s Snow Fight (!942)

How to Dance (1953)

How to Play Baseball (1942)

In the Bag (1956)

Johnny Appleseed (1948)

Let’s Stick Together (1952)

The Lone Chipmunks (1954)

Mickey’s Christmas Carol (1983)

Mickey’s Trailer (1938)

The New Neighbor (1953)

The Old Mill (1937)

Once Upon a Wintertime (1948, 1954)

Out of Scale (1951)

Paul Bunyan (1958)

Peter and the Wolf (1946)

Pluto’s Christmas Tree (1952)

The Prince and the Pauper (1990)

Reason and Emotion (1943)

Rugged Bear (1953)

The Story of Anyburg U.S.A. (1957)

Toy Tinkers (1949)

Trick or Treat (1952)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Favorite" Disney "shorts"?

Well, those shorts that MICKEY MOUSE wears look OK to me. ;)

Sepiatone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎23 at 12:09 AM, JamesStewartFan95 said:

Here is the list that I have compiled so far. I will add or take away more tomorrow if need be. I will also rank them so that they are not just in alphabetical order. Then I will start posting reviews for them, possibly next week. Stay tuned!:

Casey at the Bat (1946)

A Cowboy Needs a Horse (1956)

Donald and the Gorilla (1944)

Donald’s Snow Fight (1942)

How to Dance (1953)

How to Play Baseball (1942)

In the Bag (1956)

Johnny Appleseed (1948)

Let’s Stick Together (1952)

The Lone Chipmunks (1954)

Mickey’s Christmas Carol (1983)

Mickey’s Trailer (1938)

The New Neighbor (1953)

The Old Mill (1937)

Once Upon a Wintertime (1948, 1954)

Out of Scale (1951)

Paul Bunyan (1958)

Peter and the Wolf (1946)

Pluto’s Christmas Tree (1952)

The Prince and the Pauper (1990)

Reason and Emotion (1943)

Rugged Bear (1953)

The Story of Anyburg U.S.A. (1957)

Toy Tinkers (1949)

Trick or Treat (1952)

Here's my Top 25 ranked:

1. Toy Tinkers (1949)

2. How to Play Baseball (1942)

3. Once Upon a Wintertime (1948, 1954)

4. Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)

5. Rugged Bear (1953)

6. Johnny Appleseed (1948)

7. Casey at the Bat (1946)

8. Pluto's Christmas Tree (1952)

9. Peter and the Wolf (1946)

10. Donald and the Gorilla (1944)

11. Trick or Treat (1952)

12. The New Neighbor (1953)

13. Paul Bunyan (1958)

14. Out of Scale (1951)

15. A Cowboy Needs a Horse (1956)

16. The Old Mill (1937)

17. Mickey's Trailer (1938)

18. How to Dance (1953)

19. Donald's Snow Fight (1942)

20. Reason and Emotion (1943)

21. Let's Stick Together (1952)

22. The Prince and the Pauper (1990)

23. The Story of Anyburg U.S.A (1957)

24. In the Bag (1956)

25. The Lone Chipmunks (1954)

 

(Phew!!!)

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I can't remember it's shorts though as much as the all-time great animated features

 

Superb work by James Stewart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us