[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
JamesStewartFan95

Notes on Tangled

7 posts in this topic

My apologies if these are boring or if they aren't very interesting. Just some basic observations about the movie.

First 15 minutes in and the movie still holds up. I always liked the lush green backgrounds in the forest scenes, but never took too much time to notice all of the details. I also find the girl who voices young Rapunzel to bee a little less annoying then the actress who voices young Anna in Frozen, although that's not really fair seeing as though they're all only children.

I also really love Donna Murphy's voice, although her song is not my favorite in the movie. It's still a good villain song. You can tell Mother Gothel's really been waiting for this moment her whole life. Donna must have really wanted to play a villain in a Disney movie.

If you don't mind my sticking my nose in, I just wanted to add that I enjoyed Tangled as well. It wasn't on my radar as something that I'd be interested in, although I had the seen the ads for it. To me it looked like one of the cheaper, more obnoxious "B" level animated movies that have sprung up in the past decade with such frequency. 

However, it ended up appearing on a Top 50 Films of the year list that I always check each year, so I decided to watch it after all, and ended up being pleasantly surprised. It was sharper than I expected, with a good script, and the animation was nicely done. I have no problem recommending it to others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

If you don't mind my sticking my nose in, I just wanted to add that I enjoyed Tangled as well. It wasn't on my radar as something that I'd be interested in, although I had the seen the ads for it. To me it looked like one of the cheaper, more obnoxious "B" level animated movies that have sprung up in the past decade with such frequency. 

However, it ended up appearing on a Top 50 Films of the year list that I always check each year, so I decided to watch it after all, and ended up being pleasantly surprised. It was sharper than I expected, with a good script, and the animation was nicely done. I have no problem recommending it to others.

Excellent! I'm glad you liked it.

17 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

If you don't mind my sticking my nose in,

Also, that's no problem. I don't mind anybody else commenting. I know a couple of other people who frequently comment on here that have mentioned before that they like, or rather love Tangled. I thought that this would be a good way of commenting on the film. More power to you LawrenceA!

I'm back with more thoughts about Disney's Tangled! At this point Flynn Rider and The Stabbington Brothers (They don't have names so I'll just refer to them as Frank and Ollie) have just stolen the crown of Corona. My first thought is why doesn't Ron Perlman voice Ollie in addition to Frank. I guess that they didn't want to have to go to the trouble of writing additional dialogue for him. (Despite the fact that Ron Perlman is a rather capable actor, particularly in his voice work or as Hellboy).