TanyaW

Can’t watch TCM app AS USUAL

11 posts in this topic

So apparently TCM updated their app for the Amazon Firestick and now no matter what I do I can’t log in. I am SO BEYOND frustrated with the BS surrounding this app. I can’t watch all the other ones so it isn’t the Firestick. Don’t know if it’s Comcast’s fault but also I can watch other things/apps that surely would also be affected if it was their issue. I cleared the data and the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted the Firestick and now this WEIRD page comes up like some kind of browser I’ve never seen and looks exactly like the steps I would take to “activate” the app using my phone or a computer etc. I do this, it says I’m now authorized or logged in or whatever and then the screen just stays BLANK. RIDICULOUS Stop offering apps and services that you can’t provide continuous watchability. Period. 

Same issue here, initially had to log in again, now all we get is black screen. Wife and I are long time TCM viewers, part of us cutting the cord was finding a streaming service with TCM (Playstation Vue fit the bill).  There seems to be an on going issues with the streaming app, previously it was constant login, now we can't login at all.  Maybe it's time to just move on and find another option for classics.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I wish there was a place where we could go to get these wonderful old movies without commercials! It’s like they know our choices are so limited that they don’t care how sub par their product is. It’s the INLY movie app on any platform I have these issues with and just as one problem gets “solved” another pops up. It’s beyond frustrating! 

Hello everyone

I believe the issues with Fire TV have been fixed. This was an issue with a new Amazon feature that allows users to remain logged in. You no longer need to use the TCM.com/activate page during sign up. The best thing to do is uninstall and then reinstall the apps on your Fire TVs, or update to the newest version. 

I hope this helps! 

• Confused 1

I had this problem as well.  If I tried to watch something it would automatically redirect me to a log-in screen, and after logging in, I would just get a blank screen.  My solution: Before trying to watch something, open the TCM app and go to settings, and click on "Log In."  For some reason when I initiate the log-in process myself (instead of being redirected after clicking "watch now" on a movie), I don't get the blank screen.

• Thanks 1

That’s interesting that it worked for you! I tried that and when I went to the “log in” in the TCM settings it still redirected me to the same new log in for the group of apps screen. 

As for what Moderater1 said- I appreciate your reply but I think you’re wrong. The other apps that go along with the “group Sign in” were all working JUST FINE. As per usual the only one screwy was the TCM. So I just don’t buy that it was Amazons fault (or Comcast’s & I never give them credit when it isn’t due bcuz they have their own set of issues). I ALWAYS keep my Firestick up to date. I appreciate your “moderating” but we REALLY need and want to hear from someone actually working for TCM, ideally a technician who can actually help. Good try though :0)

It just figured it out after two weeks of trying to log-in!!! First, I went to "SETTINGS" on the TCM App on your FireTV. I scrolled down to "LOGIN." I then clicked "Login." (It prompted the NEW LOGIN page.) I selected my CABLE PROVIDER. Once I clicked on my cable provider, it automatically signed me in.

Now, LET'S MOVIE!!!

(I just noticed that TheWeath3rman's post. He's correct!)

• Haha 1

Oh my hell! I am glad this worked for YOU, but 2 weeks ago this was NOT WORKING! You’re talking about the most obvious and basic steps that most people already knew and were trying. If you read through the posts (and any other threads regarding this) we had tried every possible scenario with no results. A black screen and/or the circle of death. After much complaining or perhaps they finally saw the messed up situation people were having, they FIXED it. That’s why you are now able to do it so easily. I am happy for you as I am for all of us!

Now if they would just fix the Closed Captioning that seems to just disable itself after I enable it. Also I am now getting the added bonus of a sign in error that tells me to log out and log back in and I have to go a clear the cache before I watch anything and again sometimes before I try to watch a second movie. 

TCM just has a very crappy app. Period. ??‍♀️

I just created an account to add myself to the list of those who can not view Watch TCM on Amazon Fire TV. I also get a blank screen when trying to view on computer. I wish someone would solve this problem. I really want to see the 18 minute video taken by John Ford of the Midway attack. It's currently airing and i'd like a fix before it's too late.

Holy Smokes! I just posted this and when I tried to log in again it worked! I guess I should have posted sooner (LOL). Thanks for fixing and I hope it keeps working.

Edited by jve
New Information
  • Haha 1

As of yesterday, I was not able to log in with my Fire stick.  My provider is Directv.  I have restarted the fire stick, removed the app and reinstalled it, and tried to log in through the WatchTCM app numerous times and I get "An unknown error has occurred" and "Try Again". 

This only occurs on the Fire TV Stick.  I'm able to log in without issues on my Android device.

I will try again when I get home because I know sometimes these things work themselves out and report back.

• Sad 1

So sorry to hear what you’re experiencing. I hope it does work out for you. This app bring many of us so much frustration. Let us know how it goes!