jakeem

Wagner now a "person of interest" in Natalie Wood's death

176 posts in this topic

Yeah wasn't she supposed to be having an affair with Walken and there were battles about it on the boat? Who knows. Probably just baloney as people love a scandal like that.

Suzanne Finstad gives an excellent account of Natalie Wood's death in Finstad's biography on her, "Natasha".

• Like 2

I have always wondered what really happened to Natalie.  I just don't think she would have voluntarily gone into the water or at the edge of the boat where she could fall in, especially at night and with her fear of dark water.  I don't care how buzzed she may have been.  I don't know if Robert Wagner had anything to do with it or not but it's certainly worthy of a more thorough investigation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are they bringing this up again? Just let it die already...........

• Like 2

I wonder if wagner coulda had "a kiss before dying" moment and shoved poor natalie into the water just like that babe offa the top of the building?:huh:

• Sad 1

I bought  Lana Woods' biography of her sister Natalie Wood years ago. And she has always had some kind of animosity against Robert Wagner. Lana has been pushing for an investigation implicating Wagner in Natalie's death for years.

I still say that Lana Wood is the primary precipitant in this investigation.

And for some reason, best known to himself, Wagner has not been able to calm her concerns or appease her in whatever it was that she wanted to hear or to receive when Natalie died.

As far as people talking about it now who didn't talk about it then who were Witnesses--this isn't unusual.

You see it a number of times in Southern civil rights murders, which have only been prosecuted in the 90s, when the Witnesses finally  were not intimidated by the Ku Klux Klan anymore  and came forward--

Prosecuting murders of civil rights workers which took place in the 1960s.

It took them this long to figure out he's a person of interest? It must be the OJ team at work again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

It took them this long to figure out he's a person of interest? It must be the OJ team at work again.

They're the RJ team now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I don't think we'll ever really know what happened that night. 

It could very well have been an accident, maybe not. 

The only person who knows what happened is dead and has been for almost 37 years now. Wagner of course would have been a person of interest. I’ve seen enough episodes of “Forensic Files” to know that the spouse/partner is always the first suspect. 

10 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

I thought they kicked that racist Mark Fuhrman off the force.  He really messed up things for everybody.

16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I bought  Lana Woods' biography of her sister Natalie Wood years ago. And she has always had some kind of animosity against Robert Wagner. Lana has been pushing for an investigation implicating Wagner in Natalie's death for years.

I still say that Lana Wood is the primary precipitant in this investigation.

And for some reason, best known to himself, Wagner has not been able to calm her concerns or appease her in whatever it was that she wanted to hear or to receive when Natalie died.

As far as people talking about it now who didn't talk about it then who were Witnesses--this isn't unusual.

You see it a number of times in Southern civil rights murders, which have only been prosecuted in the 90s, when the Witnesses finally  were not intimidated by the Ku Klux Klan anymore  and came forward--

Prosecuting murders of civil rights workers which took place in the 1960s.

Lana Wood is a nutcase. Yes, there's been a rift for many years between her and Wagner. All of Natalie's family actually. They considered her a leech and wont have anything to do with her. Last I heard she was living in a motel and had some gofundme fund to pay for her upkeep and medical bills.

Just sounds to me like some law enforcement official trying to make a name for himself. Unless someone confesses (and I doubt there is anything to confess) the case is not going to be solved. It must be painful for Wood's family to go through this over and over again........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hibi said:

Lana Wood is a nutcase. Yes, there's been a rift for many years between her and Wagner. All of Natalie's family actually. They considered her a leech and wont have anything to do with her. Last I heard she was living in a motel and had some gofundme fund to pay for her upkeep and medical bills.

Just sounds to me like some law enforcement official trying to make a name for himself. Unless someone confesses (and I doubt there is anything to confess) the case is not going to be solved. It must be painful for Wood's family to go through this over and over again........

I don’t really know anything about Natalie’s sister but it seems like someone wants to see an 88 years old Robert Wagner jailed for this. I’ve always thought that there was probably a scene and Natalie left the boat in a huff, didn’t judge her abilities properly and it cost her life. 

17 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

As I recall, Natalie always had a fear of water. But the story as I remember it was, that there was some serious drinking going on at the Splendour, and perhaps she was inebriated, went to bed but then heard lots of noise, and went to stop a small boat that was banging against the side, and accidentally fell in. She was wearing a jacket that had down maybe in it, and instead of taking it off which would have aided in her perhaps staying afloat better, she kept it on perhaps thinking she would stay warm, which eventually weighed her down. She had the formerly broken wrist, which she always hid in films by wearing personally designed bracelets to hide the slight deformity, and perhaps was not so strong in her grip, due to this previous accident. Not to defend Wagner but perhaps at the beginning of the realization that she was missing, he may have been trying to prevent a big scandal erupting about arguments on the boat about Natalie's connection to Walken from her recent movie. Now in retrospect, it would seem that Wagner was being deceptive, but it could have just been a typical response at first to not wanting scandal sheets to write up about the incident, if Wagner thought she was really not in danger and might be found quickly, or on the boat. I have a feeling that unless Christopher Walken can contribute some serious new information, that this case will never be solved beyond accidental death claims.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I agree. No one will ever really know what happened. People like to keep conspiracies alive though. Look at Marilyn Monroe. All the conspiracies surrounding her death yet we'll really never know the actual story. 

My theory:

It was an ill-fated boat because it was built in America and owned by two Americans.

And YET, the spelling of its christened name included that dumb British superfluous letter 'u' in it.

(...HEY!...what are you grimacing about here?...HELL, at THIS point and after 37 freakin' years, MY theory is as good as anybody ELSE'S here, wouldn't ya say???!!!)

LOL

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Dargo said:

My theory:

It was an ill-fated boat because it was built in America and owned by two Americans.

And YET, the spelling of its christened name included that dumb British superfluous letter 'u' in it.

(...HEY!...what are you grimacing about here?...HELL, at THIS point and after 37 freakin' years, MY theory is as good as anybody ELSE'S here, wouldn't ya say???!!!)

LOL

You have William Wordsworth to blame for this because he is, after all, English:

" Though nothing can bring back the hour

Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower,"

"Ode: Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood"

This poem was recited in a scene from the movie Splendor in the Grass,

for which Natalie Wood was nominated for an Academy Award.

IMHO, Natalie was simply drunk.

The REAL villain in this story is Natalie Wood's stage mother, who was totally psycho.

No wonder Lana is a pain now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, midnight08 said:

I agree. No one will ever really know what happened. People like to keep conspiracies alive though. Look at Marilyn Monroe. All the conspiracies surrounding her death yet we'll really never know the actual story. 

Wisdom is not having an opinion about something one knows little about.

• Like 2

It's a shame that Robert Wagner has to go thru this all again at the advanced age of 87.  Lana Wood really seems to have it in for him to want to drag him thru it all once again.    

I wonder if it is the state of policing in America to finally have a lead here. I don't know how I feel about the whole thing. Natalie Wood's death is suspicious, and my feelings have always been thinking about Robert Wagner being the prime suspect. Christopher Walken plays suspicious, but I don't think there is blood on his hands, but money in his account to stay silent. I wonder whether Maureen O'Hara asked Natalie what happened when she transitioned into the metaphysical. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, rayban said:

Suzanne Finstad gives an excellent account of Natalie Wood's death in Finstad's biography on her, "Natasha".

I own this book & it really goes into great detail about this & the infamous & still pretty much unknown to most 1954 horrific incident, when she was only 16

• Like 1