[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
jakeem

Wagner now a "person of interest" in Natalie Wood's death

176 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, papyrusbeetle said:

IMHO, Natalie was simply drunk.

The REAL villain in this story is Natalie Wood's stage mother, who was totally psycho.

No wonder Lana is a pain now.

Most also don't know about this horrible woman & virtually all you read/hear about her mahd-(Russian for mother)  & her father was actually Ukrainian.

is likely accurate or understating her. & she truly is what the term "Stage Mother" was invented for

 

As for her stunning death on November 29th, 1981.  Her sis Lana wood is on the $$$ this time out

 

Check out Natalie's awful accident dating back to the early to mid 1940's  when she was just but a tiny little girl ^

 on the set of another 20th Century Fox picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, jakeem said:

NEW: Investigators say Robert Wagner is a "person of interest" in the drowning death of actress Natalie Wood.

@48Hours correspondent @EFMoriarty has covered the case for 6 years and has a preview of Saturday's @48Hours.

More at: http://cbsn.ws/2BJ0em8 

DU80l4JUQAAiZum.jpg

4 BIG STARS AGAIN BUDDY!   This topic is an incredibally personal one with me, I had just turned 17 when this

horrific event occurred. It really rocked me to my core!

 

However, I am no fan of Robert (RJ ) Wagner, but never felt as though he actually killed her. A long story involving

her, Wagner & *Christopher Walken

 

& it's unlikely this latest police investigation will turn up any new items

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, ChristineHoard said:

I have always wondered what really happened to Natalie.  I just don't think she would have voluntarily gone into the water or at the edge of the boat where she could fall in, especially at night and with her fear of dark water.  I don't care how buzzed she may have been.  I don't know if Robert Wagner had anything to do with it or not but it's certainly worthy of a more thorough investigation.

Well, she always joked that even though most involved on each project, were well aware of her ultra fear of dark water, somehow they still would get her into the water for sequences i.e. "Splendor..." "Daisy Clover"  the tv movie "Mystery of Eva Riker" the epic 1979 tv mini-series "From Here to Eternity" & more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(NATALIE TRIVIA;  Her idol was *Vivien Leigh-(l9l3-l967) & she had a lg portrait of *Leigh in her living room

 

& WB's publicity dept would always list her as being 5'3, when in fact she was barely 5'0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hepclassic said:

I wonder if it is the state of policing in America to finally have a lead here. I don't know how I feel about the whole thing. Natalie Wood's death is suspicious, and my feelings have always been thinking about Robert Wagner being the prime suspect. Christopher Walken plays suspicious, but I don't think there is blood on his hands, but money in his account to stay silent. I wonder whether Maureen O'Hara asked Natalie what happened when she transitioned into the metaphysical. 

So you are a big *KATE fan?   So much of course to go on about *"THE GREAT KATE!"  & for anybody around the area someday, the final house of both *"The Great: Spencer Tracy-(l900-l967)"  & her, is the still standing at  9191 St. Ives Drive in Beverly Hills/But there is a lot of foliage surrounding it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I already wrote this but it went bye., bye for some reason?

Has anybody on here ever visited her grave in "Westwood, cem?  It's much more famous as being the locale of the legendary Marilyn Monroe's final resting place though

& has anyone ever drove down the street (603 Canon, Drive in B. Hills) where her still standing-(for now) rather humble house is located?

 

PLEASE CHIME IN IF SO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, spence said:

So you are a big *KATE fan?   So much of course to go on about *"THE GREAT KATE!"  & for anybody around the area someday, the final house of both *"The Great: Spencer Tracy-(l900-l967)"  & her, is the still standing at  9191 St. Ives Drive in Beverly Hills/But there is a lot of foliage surrounding it.

She is my favorite. But, since this about Natalie Wood, I do want to stay on topic. I'd love to chat more about Kate and Spence. No William Mann fanfiction though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I'm in So Cal all the local news stations are covering this story.    The lead detective gave a statement. 

It sounded like a complete load of crap.    E.g. that Wagner isn't a murder suspect.   They just want to discuss an argument that the couple had shortly before the 'accident'.      

Wagner is refusing to talk to them and I support that.    This so called new evidence should have came out decades ago.    To follow up on this so called lead,  decades latter is a joke and only being done because this is an election year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta share the following...

While watching CBS's 48 Hours the other night with my wife, there was mention made of the suggestion by Lana that Natalie told her something to the effect that her rationale for remarrying R.J. was by use of the old phrase "Better the devil you know than the one you don't".

I then jokingly said out loud, "WAIT! I was single then. Natalie oh Natalie, why didn't you call ME?"

Then looking over at my wife, I saw her rolling her eyes as she then sarcastically said, "YES! Why DIDN'T you call him, Natalie?!" 

LOL

(...I love it when my wife can get in a good zinger on me...and especially when I deserve it)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like anytime a tiny morsel of possible evidence that hasn't already been dissected to death gives the media to dredge all of this up all over again. Unless there's some new smoking gun, let RW spend his last days in peace. 

I've seen this with Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and so many others.

I think its a symptom of the fact that these "stars" today don't capture the imagination of today's fans the way the stars of yesteryear did. Not much they could do that people will care about 40 years from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GGGGerald said:

It seems like anytime a tiny morsel of possible evidence that hasn't already been dissected to death gives the media to dredge all of this up all over again. Unless there's some new smoking gun, let RW spend his last days in peace. 

I've seen this with Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and so many others.

I think its a symptom of the fact that these "stars" today don't capture the imagination of today's fans the way the stars of yesteryear did. Not much they could do that people will care about 40 years from now.

It isn't so much the media but instead the local L.A. police and district attorney's office.   These folks want their 15 minutes and they know this story will give them that.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 6:24 PM, hepclassic said:

She is my favorite. But, since this about Natalie Wood, I do want to stay on topic. I'd love to chat more about Kate and Spence. No William Mann fanfiction though. 

1st--Hep, it's good to see you back on the boards.

As I can recall,  RJ and Spencer were extremely close.  I can remember the photographs of Spencer in his living room in the home that he shared with Natalie.

Spencer was a kind of Mentor for RJ and featured him in several of his movies - - Broken Lance and The Mountain.

In fact it seems that RJ was close to much of the top hierarchy in Old Hollywood at one time or another, as he was in the circle of close friendship with Frank Sinatra and Fred Astaire also.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

1st--Hep, it's good to see you back on the boards.

As I can recall,  RJ and Spencer were extremely close.  I can remember the photographs of Spencer in his living room in the home that he shared with Natalie.

Spencer was a kind of Mentor for RJ and featured him in several of his movies - - Broken Lance and The Mountain.

In fact it seems that RJ was close to much of the top hierarchy in Old Hollywood at one time or another, as he was in the circle of close friendship with Frank Sinatra and Fred Astaire also.

Agreed Princess, Spencer and Wagner were close. Robert Wagner was always well liked in Hollywood.

Robert Osborne and Robert Wagner were great friends according to both. RO talked about how he had interviewed Natalie when he was first starting out in his career. RO's friendship with Natalie and Robert remained thru the years. During RO's interview he did for TCM he talks about how Robert Wagner is one of his best and closest friends. It was clear that RO believed in Wagner's innocence.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most who actually know RJ believe he is innocent and was devastated by Wood's death. I had thought maybe the investigators wanted to discuss more about "the argument" to determine if Wood had intentionally committed suicide. But if that's what was now insinuated, there wouldn't be an investigation, it would be dropped.

In any case, this is just awful and should be dropped at this point.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 7:46 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Since I'm in So Cal all the local news stations are covering this story.    The lead detective gave a statement. 

It sounded like a complete load of crap.    E.g. that Wagner isn't a murder suspect.   They just want to discuss an argument that the couple had shortly before the 'accident'.      

Wagner is refusing to talk to them and I support that.    This so called new evidence should have came out decades ago.    To follow up on this so called lead,  decades latter is a joke and only being done because this is an election year. 

 

They knew about this argument decades ago. Nothing new about it.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hibi said:

 

They knew about this argument decades ago. Nothing new about it.......

That is why I said 'so called new evidence'.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just trying to make headlines..........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if I think he's innocent. Let alone Christopher Walken. 

But then again, if Olivia de Havilland can come across as a goody-goody to the public and be cruel to Joan in private, who knows the real reasons why anyone tries so hard to come off as nice. 

Sorry if that seems jaded. I've been dealing a lot with benevolent violence lately, and I am unsure of good intention/ bad impact individuals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hepclassic said:

I don't know if I think he's innocent. Let alone Christopher Walken. 

But then again, if Olivia de Havilland can come across as a goody-goody to the public and be cruel to Joan in private, who knows the real reasons why anyone tries so hard to come off as nice. 

Sorry if that seems jaded. I've been dealing a lot with benevolent violence lately, and I am unsure of good intention/ bad impact individuals. 

 

I think if there actually was strong enough evidence against Wagner or Walken, they'd have been charged by now.

Wagner may very well be sincere in his grief/love for Natalie. It really could have been just an accident, no matter how suspicious it might look by any of our standards. 

Wagner may be considered 'a person of interest' by the authorities but he's still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law even if he is eventually arrested.

Again I doubt very much if we will ever get to the truth to what happened to Natalie that night.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe it was Walken. doan forget, he pushed michelle pfeiffer out a high-rise window in batman returns.

maybe reliving a fond moment huh? doesn't say a helluva lot for tim burton either.

I mean why would walken playing max schreck wanna do a scene like that given all the controversy at the time? was he saying to moviegoing audiences 'ha ha we hollywood celebrities out here can do whatever the **** we want even heinous acts of murder. we doan obey the normal laws of civilization like you peasants hafta'.

:huh:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

maybe it was Walken. doan forget, he pushed michelle pfeiffer out a high-rise window in batman returns.

maybe reliving a fond moment huh? doesn't say a helluva lot for tim burton either.

I mean why would walken playing max schreck wanna do a scene like that given all the controversy at the time? was he saying to theater audiences 'ha ha we hollywood celebrities out here can do whatever the **** we want even heinous acts of murder. we doan obey the normal laws of civilization like you peasants hafta'.

Yes, I'm certain that was the intention of all involved. In no way does that sound like crazy-talk.:mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

maybe it was Walken. doan forget, he pushed michelle pfeiffer out a high-rise window in batman returns.

maybe reliving a fond moment huh? doesn't say a helluva lot for tim burton either.

I mean why would walken playing max schreck wanna do a scene like that given all the controversy at the time? was he saying to moviegoing audiences 'ha ha we hollywood celebrities out here can do whatever the **** we want even heinous acts of murder. we doan obey the normal laws of civilization like you peasants hafta'.

:huh:

Uh,   they are actors!!!!!!   ACTORS!!!!!     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

maybe it was Walken. doan forget, he pushed michelle pfeiffer out a high-rise window in batman returns.

maybe reliving a fond moment huh? doesn't say a helluva lot for tim burton either.

I mean why would walken playing max schreck wanna do a scene like that given all the controversy at the time? was he saying to moviegoing audiences 'ha ha we hollywood celebrities out here can do whatever the **** we want even heinous acts of murder. we doan obey the normal laws of civilization like you peasants hafta'.

:huh:

I thinking you're making too much out of nothing. As jamesjazzguit...pointed out....it was just a scene out of a MOVIE played out by ACTORS.  It's pretend, make believe, nothing more, and certainly has nothing at all to do with Natalie's death.

And why are you calling out Tim Burton for Natalie's demise? You should not be calling out anyone who weren't even at the scene at the time of her death. Even if you don't believe she died by accident, maybe he does. It hardly makes him an accessory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I thinking you're making too much out of nothing. As jamesjazzguit...pointed out....it was just a scene out of a MOVIE played out by ACTORS.  It's pretend, make believe, nothing more, and certainly has nothing at all to do with Natalie's death.

And why are you calling out Tim Burton for Natalie's demise? You should not be calling out anyone who weren't even at the scene at the time of her death. Even if you don't believe she died by accident, maybe he does. It hardly makes him an accessory.

John Wayne was Genghis Khan in a movie.   Clearly he took the role because he was a Chinese commie sympathizer.     :lol:

  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 9:14 PM, Dargo said:

My theory:

It was an ill-fated boat because it was built in America and owned by two Americans.

And YET, the spelling of its christened name included that dumb British superfluous letter 'u' in it.

(...HEY!...what are you grimacing about here?...HELL, at THIS point and after 37 freakin' years, MY theory is as good as anybody ELSE'S here, wouldn't ya say???!!!)

LOL

Dourgo, there are dour consequences for those who do not accept the non-superfluous "u" in words, but I digress.

And by the way, your nautical know-how has nothing to do with homicide investigations.

The operative part of "nautical' for you, would end with the letters "nauti". I think you should work first on solving the murder of director, William Desmond Taylor by Mary Miles Minter, and then take up this quest. Remember, the last time you judged R.J. you thought he had offed a mermaid while in the film "Beneath the 12-Mile Reef" with your favorite actor, Gilbert Roland.

Cease and desist or face ignominy instead of the usual unctuous succour you engender amongst your mody amourous fans here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us