3 posts in this topic

OK. I once watched a movie about a post war veteran going to stay at this friend's or a bed and breakfast type of place in the countryside and he meets this girl who is so beautiful to him. She thinks he is the most handsome man on earth.  In the end, we find out that they were only seeing the inner beauty of each other because in reality, he was actually an injured war soldier and she was real homely looking. I have been looking for the name of this movie for years. I saw it on classic movies when I was in high school (1986) and it has haunted me ever since.

1 minute ago, Slmullins said:

OK. I once watched a movie about a post war veteran going to stay at this friend's or a bed and breakfast type of place in the countryside and he meets this girl who is so beautiful to him. She thinks he is the most handsome man on earth.  In the end, we find out that they were only seeing the inner beauty of each other because in reality, he was actually an injured war soldier and she was real homely looking. I have been looking for the name of this movie for years. I saw it on classic movies when I was in high school (1986) and it has haunted me ever since.

Sounds like The Enchanted Cottage,   with Robert Young and Dorothy McGuire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Sounds like The Enchanted Cottage,   with Robert Young and Dorothy McGuire.

Fans of Robert Young & Dorothy McGuire should check out two other romantic films they made at Fox in the 40s-- CLAUDIA and the sequel CLAUDIA AND DAVID.

• Like 1