Sign in to follow this  
BarbH

Looking for old movie - wheelchair elevator death

6 posts in this topic

Hello - I’m looking for the name of a black and white movie I saw in the 60’s (it was probably a 40’s -50’s movie). I saw it when I was about 5 yrs old (or so). It had a scene where a woman in a wheelchair was pushed into an elevator shaft landing on the roof of the elevator, which is at the 1st floor.  I remember nothing else about the movie - but picture that scene like it was yesterday. (My alterior motive is to place blame on the assumed cause for my life-long excruciating fear of elevators.)  

Thanks so much!

No. It was definitely an elevator. Kiss of Death looks like “stairs”. Thx....

11 hours ago, BarbH said:

Hello - I’m looking for the name of a black and white movie I saw in the 60’s (it was probably a 40’s -50’s movie). I saw it when I was about 5 yrs old (or so). It had a scene where a woman in a wheelchair was pushed into an elevator shaft landing on the roof of the elevator, which is at the 1st floor.  I remember nothing else about the movie - but picture that scene like it was yesterday. (My alterior motive is to place blame on the assumed cause for my life-long excruciating fear of elevators.)  

Thanks so much!

Lady In a Cage, starring Olivia deHavilland fits some of your description, not all though. You might want to read the description of the film on wiki or the tcm database. I haven't seen the film in many years so I can't recall if there was a wheelchair or not but Olivia is a woman with a broken hip, she has an elevator in her home. Thieves break in and trap her in her elevator You can read the rest. It is b&w but the film was released in the 1960's. Usually I'm pretty sure of my guesses in this thread, this time not so much but it might be it, hope this helps.

I read a couple synopses and may look at part of it. But in my movie, she was definitely thrown onto the top of an elevator, down the shaft.  I can picture it so clearly.... but it’s been 50 yrs...